Author Topic: Recent flea market finds  (Read 1013 times)

Black Tiger

Recent flea market finds
« on: September 23, 2005, 02:33:38 PM »
Last week I picked these up at the same flea market-

Developer Debugger Playstation-

Its got rca outs built in, the power supply is external, there's no cdr or region lockout and its supposed to have an extra 2 megs or so of ram.

They're supposed to break down even more frequently than the regular playstations, but this one works fine. They're also supposed to usually be really thrashed from play testing, so this one is in pretty good condition.

Korean Megadrive Multi-Carts-

I passed on a korean Sonic 1 and a samsung pad. Korean Megadrive stuff isn't that rare around here. But the multi-game-carts are.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Keranu

Recent flea market finds
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 02:36:42 PM »
God damn you are lucky. I need to start checking thrift stores and flea markets I haven't been to, because I usually go to the one in the Mexican village but it's an awesome place anyways.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Ninja Spirit

Recent flea market finds
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 07:17:39 AM »
judging by the writing, those mega drive pirates don't look korean to me.

Keranu

Recent flea market finds
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 07:52:46 AM »
Yeah, the writing has some Hiragana in it and I can't seem to find any Korean looking characters. I don't know if this would not make it a Korean pirate or not, but just an observation.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

Recent flea market finds
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 08:14:45 AM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
Yeah, the writing has some Hiragana in it and I can't seem to find any Korean looking characters. I don't know if this would not make it a Korean pirate or not, but just an observation.

I never really looked at them and just figured they were Korean since the Sonic and pad definately were.

I once picked up a complete boxed Samsung Megadrive and games at a garage sale. I never tested it since I'd have to buy some sort of adapter or transformer to power it.

Black Tiger

Recent flea market finds
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 01:18:10 PM »
Today I found a boxed Playstation on the side off the road on a highway.

It has the styrofoam + bag of docs. I justed tested it out and it works perfectly. I don't have any cdr games to test if it has a modchip.

My bro was saying the other day that he wanted a Playstation to play and I didn't want him to use my PSOne or Debugger since he's a chainsmoker(outside smoke still finds its way inside somehow) and doesn't take care of things(he's on medication for bi-polar 'disorder').

I just had to spend $2 at the dollar store for a power cable and AV cords.

Its been years since I've owned an original model psx and I didn't realize that they had RCA outs. Thats why I thought it was special on the debugger system.

Aren't there two major models of the original? Did they take the AV out off of the second one? I think it lost the VCD card slot or something too.

esteban

Recent flea market finds
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 01:27:42 PM »
Quote from: "Black_Tiger"
Today I found a boxed Playstation on the side off the road on a highway.

It has the styrofoam + bag of docs. I justed tested it out and it works perfectly. I don't have any cdr games to test if it has a modchip.

My bro was saying the other day that he wanted a Playstation to play and I didn't want him to use my PSOne or Debugger since he's a chainsmoker(outside smoke still finds its way inside somehow) and doesn't take care of things(he's on medication for bi-polar 'disorder').

I just had to spend $2 at the dollar store for a power cable and AV cords.

Its been years since I've owned an original model psx and I didn't realize that they had RCA outs. Thats why I thought it was special on the debugger system.

Aren't there two major models of the original? Did they take the AV out off of the second one? I think it lost the VCD card slot or something too.
MAN! When it rains it pours. Insanely good luck you're having up there!
  |    | 

Keranu

Recent flea market finds
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 08:35:02 AM »
Man how does this stuff magical come to you? This stuff that happens to you is just unbelievable! I'm still hoping for my moment.

Black Tiger

Recent flea market finds
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 12:05:41 PM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
Man how does this stuff magical come to you? This stuff that happens to you is just unbelievable! I'm still hoping for my moment.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that the Vancouver area is more or less an extension of Hong Kong/eastern asia. Aside from all the stuff people bring over or import, there's been a big demand for video games for a long time here.

Over the years(5?), off the top of my head, I've picked up these dirt cheap(sometimes only reasonably priced)-

Boxed Famicom Disk Drive + original Famicom + dozens of carts & disks
Lots of official & unofficial Famicom systems(pre-famiclones)
Multi Mega(JP cdx)
Original Megadrive + Mega CD
At least a dozen JP Megadrives and as many Super Famicoms.
A half dozen Turbo Express' + as many PCE GT's
Sharp Twin Famicom + games
White PC Engine
2 White PCE's + Suitcase CD ROM(one boxed with docs)
Boxed Coregrafx
Brand New Nomad
Brand new packaged original Megadrive
Boxed SMS
Lots of nice mint complete SMS games
Lots of Modded JP Saturns
A few boxed Super Famicoms
3 proto/beta Saturn games (on Saturn brand cdr)
I amassed so many SNES, Megadrive, Sega CD & Saturn systems that I tossed a bunch that I suspected were broken when I moved last year

Every type of crazy accessory, particularly Saturn: VO Sticks, Bomberman taps & pads, Arcade sticks, VCD cards, RAM carts, 3-In1 + 4-in-1 carts...

An infinite number of SFC, MD & FC games(i passed on like 100 today)
An infinite number of multi cart games for the above 3 plus lots for Game Gear and the 3 In 1 Hu Card I have
Lots of rare/harder to find U.S. Turbografx games
I once bought a huge stack of PCE Hu Cards that included Daimakaimura

My girlfriend's brother-in-law's friend was an old coin-operater who game be a couple dozen boards(Wonderboy, Golden Axe, Final Fight, Hang On, etc...), lots of sideart, flyers, manuals, parts and a Bubble Bobble cabinet(still sitting in my shed waiting to be converted into a second MAME cabinet).

I picked up a Street Fighter WW cabinet for either $75 or $125, a Final Fight Cabinet(missing pcb) for $50, plus other jamma cabs for $50. Wrestle War + Sky Soldiers dedicated cabinets for $240 total.

Today I found a couple boxed Megadrive games at a new fleamarket, but the guy doesn't want to give me a price until he digs out the other 20.

Last week(or the week before) I bought a boxed Intellivision 1(tied as my second favorite platform) with docs.

This after growing up in a small town as the single Turbografx user, mail ordering PCE games as they were released(for $100 to $150 U.S. each) and getting my TG games from the local Radio Shack.

Keranu

Recent flea market finds
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2005, 12:26:25 PM »
Hahaha, GOD DAMN boy! The stuff you listed is just even better! Maybe I should go to the Vancouver area some day! Canada rules anyways.

esteban

Recent flea market finds
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 05:49:25 PM »
all right. i just have to slit my wrists. if only 1/100 of everything you listed was available to me locally over the last 5 years, I would have been thrilled. please don't tell us any more -- it's just too damn depressing.

:)
  |    | 

Michael Helgeson

Recent flea market finds
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 01:23:12 AM »
For the most part the vast majority of the stuff is common in Arkansas all over the game stores here that deal in used games. 1 of them that I like to deal with used to actually be located in a fleamarket,untill he had ran out of room and had to move into a really large store space,and his walls are stacked with everything from 2600 to X-Box with all the inbetween,3DO,TurboGrafx,Pc Engine,NeoGeo,Famicom,import Saturn,PSX and so on. He is who I bought my first AES system from and my thrid one too.Id give names,but then Id have you guys trying to plunder our stuff down here. Cant have that now can I. I did list names on another post long ago,and youd have to look hard for it. Even my friend Billys store gets alot of nice things in from time to time.Whats even funnier is people will bring him computer parts for credit,like retail Semprons and motherboards and gaming cases.He usually gives credit for it all,because he usually gets ahold of me for a price quote,then gives the person half of that in store credit.

Keranu

Recent flea market finds
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2005, 07:28:57 AM »
I better make a trip to Arkansas.

GUTS

Recent flea market finds
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2005, 07:53:28 AM »
Yeah really if that stuff is common in Arkansas then start up an ebay store, you could make a fortune.

Michael Helgeson

Recent flea market finds
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2005, 11:38:43 AM »
Most of the people around here are smart enough to knopw what they have,and they ask near the normal worth when it comes to shops.Both the Neo AES systems I got were in box complete,and I paid $300 bucks cash for each.The same store in Hot Springs,he has a coregrafx with 8 games,and is asking $120 for all of it.His 3DO stuff is better,flat rate prices per game,10-15 on average,and most are all complete,same with Jag stuff,and systems.He has a ton of everything,and soemtimes if you buy in bulk,you can get him to come down in price,as I have before,but its not enough to where your going to make huge profit on ebay.Not after spending the gas to drive there from where I live and back home again.
Alot of people run nice deals in the paper too,but you have to watch daily to catch them.