Author Topic: What are you currently listening to?  (Read 23566 times)

geise

What are you currently listening to?
« on: October 27, 2011, 12:59:30 PM »
Just as the title says.  Blatant copy of the youtube thread.  I'm huge on music and have noticed a lot from others talking about bands and musicians/composers.  So...post what you're currently listening too! Even if it's video game music, post it!  Guess I'll get it started.

Listening to one of the new songs from a band called Cynic.   

Also I've been on a Sega game music kick.  Here's one from my favorite Sega Arcade game. 
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 03:30:50 PM by geise »

BlueBMW

Re: What are you currently listening too?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 01:22:04 PM »
I'm listening to the Drac X game CD.  Its halloween time so of course I must listen to it!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 02:11:59 PM »
From Hollywood, GunsN'Roses.....

thrush

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 02:40:50 PM »
That Quartet song rocks!!  Downloading now....

Recently I got a bunch of Japanese darkwave/E.B.M./electro and have been listening to that.  I especially am loving Blood's last album, Lost Sky, the latest album from GPKism, along with the several-years-old debut from Sawdust in Me.  Here are samples:

Blood - "Lost Sky [Marlee Remix]"
GPKism - "Desiderium"
Sawdust in Me - "Tiny" (can't find any good videos with their newer stuff, but this gives the idea)

I also put Final Fantasy 6 & Final Fantasy Mystic Quest on in the background while doing my hardware design homework earlier.

FF USA - "Mountain Range"   (Been one of my favourites since I was a kid.)

hoobs88

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 03:30:06 PM »
I have a MIDI version of Quartet on my ipod that I listen to frequently because it is awesome!

Castlevania music is great too.

I have been playing Drum Mania lately and really like the song "Black Out" by Be For U
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

chany60126

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 06:06:17 PM »
Great topic Geise!! I've been listening to music from this hard rock band from Spain: Mago de Oz. They have a very unique and awesome sound. Many of their songs have violins and flutes playing alongside electric guitars, which is the case with my favorite of theirs:

Alma:

Other ones that I love are
Molinos de Viento:
Van a Rodar Cabezas (wicked violin solo at 3:13 :)):
Fiesta Pagana:

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:11:54 PM by chany60126 »
SignofZeta: What a quintessentially PCEFX thread. Someone complains about nothing, multiple Bible-length posts discussing who's a bigger a$$hole follow. You're both pretty big a$$holes. Let's call it a tie.

geise

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 12:22:37 AM »
Thanks Chany!  That band sounds amazing.  Sort of sounds like something out of an Ys game a little bit.  That's one more reason I started this thread.  We can help each other find awesome music!  I have a real open mind with music.  I listen to everything from metal, to classical, to Zappa and David Lee Roth haha. 

machomadness

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 04:43:14 AM »
I know people are going to make fun of me, but I can't stop listening to "Head Over Heels" by Tears For Fears. Ever since I watched Donnie Darko a couple weeks back.....

A_Locomotive

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 12:33:56 PM »
Currently listening to the song Elation by the ambient band Troum.

nodtveidt

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 03:45:43 PM »
Lately I've been into the newest albums from Astronautalis, Iron Maiden, f*cked Up, Patton Oswalt, and Erasure. Looking forward to the new Doomtree and Gift of Gab.

TheClash603

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 05:02:24 PM »
Missed out on the one-night only Screeching Weasel show in Chicago, because no one wanted to go with me...  so I guess I'll just have to listen to it instead.

MotherGunner

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 06:53:48 PM »
I know people are going to make fun of me, but I can't stop listening to "Head Over Heels" by Tears For Fears. Ever since I watched Donnie Darko a couple weeks back.....

Don't feel bad bro.  I like Tears for Fears... but while on the subject (and NO PUN intended), I can't stop listening to Macho Man.

"There is no way you will ever get closer to the utopia you experience when you listen to this outstanding album." - QFT

http://www.amazon.com/Be-Man-Macho-Randy-Savage/dp/B0000CF348/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319867560&sr=8-1
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

geise

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 02:23:19 AM »
That sucks you missed Screeching Weasels, especially since it was a one time show.  I would've loved to see Naked Raygun Back in the day.  They were always one of my favorites in the 80's. 

Ash

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 07:06:49 AM »
I'm listening to the Drac X game CD.  Its halloween time so of course I must listen to it!

THAT IS SWEET!!!!!!!!!