Author Topic: What are you currently listening to?  (Read 23563 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Re: What are you currently listening too?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 06:20:22 PM »
Lately I've been into the newest albums from Astronautalis, Iron Maiden, f*cked Up, Patton Oswalt, and Erasure. Looking forward to the new Doomtree and Gift of Gab.

Gift of Gab has another one coming?!?  How'd I miss that?  Still haven't picked up J-lives or Freestyle Fellowships new one, but, that's what I'd be listening to right now if I did.  I did however listen to a friend whom I went to school with, hooked me up with a couple of cd's, his name is 3ize, pretty tight what I've heard so far(don't know the name of the album, it's just a cd with lips on it). 

edit-I think it's this album
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:24:43 PM by ParanoiaDragon »

roflmao

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 02:38:13 AM »

Opethian

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 02:46:14 AM »

Asaki - Kamikyoku

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

SuperPlay

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2011, 06:51:33 AM »
Right now I am listing to "Monster Maker CD II" that has just arrive in today's post from Japan :-)

http://vgmdb.net/album/4476

cyloaiza

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2011, 08:00:54 AM »
Great topic Geise!! I've been listening to music from this hard rock band from Spain: Mago de Oz. They have a very unique and awesome sound. Many of their songs have violins and flutes playing alongside electric guitars, which is the case with my favorite of theirs:

Alma:

Other ones that I love are
Molinos de Viento:

Van a Rodar Cabezas (wicked violin solo at 3:13 :)):

Fiesta Pagana:

Amazing stuff chany! :shock: I never would have thought classic instruments would be in great harmony with electric guitars. Thanks for sharing!

geise

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 01:44:48 PM »
Today I've been in a Prog/Jazz/Fusion mood.  Rocked out my favorite album by Mats/Morgan band.  The keyboardist and Drummer played with Zappa when they were teenagers.  So, they have a pretty heavy Zappa influence in their music.   Keyboardist is Mats Oberg, Drummer is Morgan Agren, Jonas Knutson on crazy awesome Sax.  Haha I bet most will hate this stuff.  Thought I'd still share anyways.  Here's them live playing Pee Wee Ellis's song Chicken, but adding their own flare too it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 01:11:52 PM by geise »

A_Locomotive

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 05:15:19 PM »
I'm listening to an ambient album by the artist SleepResearch_Facility. Its titled Nostromo and is based on the sounds from the first 8 minutes of the movie Alien and it is absolutely brilliant!

SuperPlay

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 12:40:55 AM »
A little bit of Motorhead

Went to see them in concert the other night!

Sparky

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 02:03:50 AM »
back to listening to the Scott Pilgram soundtrack... a lot of good stuff there and a good driving tune... :)

roflmao

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 07:54:26 AM »
I picked up Primus' most recent album last night (Amazon has it for $4 as a digital download: http://www.amazon.com/Green-Naugahyde/dp/B005IEF27O/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320371560&sr=301-1) so I've been listening to that.  It's no Frizzle Fry or Sailing the Seas of Cheese (or even Pork Soda), but it's growing on me.  A couple of the tracks sound very similar to other stuff they've done on earlier studio records, but I'm digging it, all in all.  It's too bad Tim Alexander isn't drumming with them (again).

TheClash603

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2011, 08:06:15 AM »
A little bit of Motorhead

Went to see them in concert the other night!

Sacrifice was one of the songs I used to intro in to my radio show back in college.  I love me some Motorhead.

The other two songs I used to kick off the show were:

Body Count - Street Lobotomy (Love this band...)

Andrew W.K. - It's Time to Party (This album just made college fun, and he's AWESOME to see live).

How many of you guys actually knew this song was about bukkake?

Finally..  RIP Flattus Maximus (Cory Smoot).  I make sure to see GWAR once a year, and this guy could really play.

geise

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 04:45:32 AM »
Yeah it sure as hell is sad to hear about Smoot.  I used to love seeing GWAR live.

rolfmao:  I love Primus and had no idea they had a new album out!  :shock:  I actually really liked Anti Pop.  The new one sounds decent, but it's hard to tell from those short sound clips on Amazon.  I totally agree on Frizzle Fry and Sailing the Seas of Cheese as their top albums.  I didn't care for Pork Soda much.  Thought it was a tad boring.  I will definitely check out their new one!  Thanks for sharing.

roflmao

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2011, 12:09:39 PM »
rolfmao:  I love Primus and had no idea they had a new album out!  :shock:  I actually really liked Anti Pop.  The new one sounds decent, but it's hard to tell from those short sound clips on Amazon.  I totally agree on Frizzle Fry and Sailing the Seas of Cheese as their top albums.  I didn't care for Pork Soda much.  Thought it was a tad boring.  I will definitely check out their new one!  Thanks for sharing.

I didn't know that about Smoot.  Back in the late 90s my little brother and I would go see GWAR every chance we got.  They put on quite the memorable show!

geise: Did you ever listen to their follow-up to Anti-Pop "Animals Should Not Try to Act Like People"?  Their old drummer, Tim was back for that one (a 6-song EP), but I didn't care for it.  I think their music style at Pork Soda started to shift from a funky-thrashy sound to more of a long, laid-back psychedelic aural trip and, while some of it is neat, it never really gelled with me like their older stuff.

This new album is growing on me.  For $4 it's hard to go wrong, imo. ;)

A_Locomotive

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 12:50:39 PM »
Currently listening to Lebanese Blonde by Thievery Corporation.

geise

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 12:48:39 PM »
I have been in a metal mood all day.  So I've been listening to Theory In Practice - Colonizing the Sun.  Very good technical death metal.