Author Topic: What are you currently listening to?  (Read 23594 times)

SignOfZeta

Re: What are you currently listening too?
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2011, 06:27:59 PM »
I got my LE of Doomtree's No Kings. Its f*cking bad to the bone, and getting pretty popular, for that kind of record anyway. The fans seem to love it and it got an A- on the AV Club. I think there is a new POS coming out early next year too, so fans of twin cities hiphop should be happy for a while.

Anyone interested in the massive heap of work that is the Doomtree collective can check some of it out at Doomtree.net. You can stream No Kings for free here: http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/spinner#/14

Also, Around the Well (Iron and Wine), FireWire (Lateef the Truthspeaker), and the unfortunately named Watch Me Fall (Jay Reatard).

A_Locomotive

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2011, 05:44:13 PM »
Listening to a Czech band I heard for the first time today called Saade. I'm absolutely loving their album, I'm listening to it in full on their bandcamp page. This track in particular I'm really digging.
http://saade.bandcamp.com/track/spaceland-neverland

SignOfZeta

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2011, 07:10:11 PM »
I like this!

A_Locomotive

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2011, 04:11:39 AM »
I like this!

Assuming this is in regards to what I posted, give the whole album a listen, it is fantastic!
http://saade.bandcamp.com/

A_Locomotive

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2011, 12:53:48 PM »
Having a vinyl marathon today. Currently listing to the final side of a 2xLP, Sein Weal Tallion Rue, the last album released by Everlovely Lightningheart. Up next is a collaborative album between Troum and Nadja.

esteban

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2011, 06:00:15 PM »
At this precise moment (2:00 am):

Creeper - Benjamin Damage and Doc Daneeka
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2011, 06:23:48 PM »
Listening to Freestyle Fellowship's latest album The Promise, & it's off the HIZZAY!!  :D  No, but seriously, this has got to be one of the best albums I've heard in a loong looooong time, I'm quite pleased with it.  Also picked up Evidence:Cat's & Dog's & J-Live's S.P.T.A., but haven't listened to them yet, though I'm sure they'll be dope knowing them!

esteban

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2011, 05:23:08 PM »
At precisely 1:23 am:

Love that song. Stars ain't too shabby.

Lately I've been into the newest albums from Astronautalis, Iron Maiden, f*cked Up, Patton Oswalt, and Erasure. Looking forward to the new Doomtree and Gift of Gab.

Damn, I must be a few albums behind on Erasure. Love them. I'll eventually catch up. I think I'm behind with the Pet Shop Boys, too (assuming they're still putting stuff out).

The newest Maiden I have is the one with a shattered astronaut helmet.
  |    | 

snickersbar

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2011, 08:32:42 PM »
iv be listening too rise against laty

munchiaz

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2011, 11:30:18 PM »
coldplay pandora station. plays stuff like the beattles, simon and garfunkle,radio head, and coldplay of course

geise

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2011, 01:48:03 AM »
Currently listening to Joe Satriani's recent album.  Very nice and with Mike Keneally (Zappa fame) on keys.  It's a great album.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:45:48 PM by geise »

munchiaz

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2011, 02:32:38 AM »
^ im going to have to check this out. Saw him in concert with eric johnson a few years back and it was awesome.

Now im listening to my lupe fiasco pandora station

Vecanti

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2011, 04:29:45 AM »
INSOC

SuperPlay

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2011, 05:19:23 AM »
Today's tunes have been coming courtesy of YES

SignOfZeta

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2011, 09:26:41 AM »

Lately I've been into the newest albums from Astronautalis, Iron Maiden, f*cked Up, Patton Oswalt, and Erasure. Looking forward to the new Doomtree and Gift of Gab.

Damn, I must be a few albums behind on Erasure. Love them. I'll eventually catch up. I think I'm behind with the Pet Shop Boys, too (assuming they're still putting stuff out).

In many ways Erasure is the best they've ever been, but I think most of their fans gave up after the one-two punch of the cover album and the live album. Those two were...not so good. Their last four regular albums were really good though.

Pet Shop Boys aren't putting out as many "regular" albums as they used to. The last one was Yes (2009) which was...uneven. Some great songs, some other stuff that wouldn't pass as a b-side for them back in the day. Mainly everything from them lately is just too damned soft. I don't need a CD from them with 5 ballads on it. They are also doing stuff like soundtracks for ballets, Battleship Potemkin, etc witch is really cool, but again, not my thing.