Author Topic: Teh VITA  (Read 2444 times)

Bernie

• Facebook URL
Re: Teh VITA
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2012, 09:04:42 AM »
lol.  Thats funny.
Hopfully I can download new firmware updates every time I turn the system on just like the PS3!  That is an awesome feature, you gotta admit.  I just wish I could be interrupted mid-game to update the system software.

BenG76

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 10:12:40 AM »
I want one but not at launch. I will wait until its out for a while. I still have a ton of PSP games to play and they are cheap right now so Ive been buying more. Maybe a year or so after its out. Unless something really awesome comes out on it.

munchiaz

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 10:15:39 AM »
I'm still not sure. right now im rocking my 3DS and loving it. I got a psp a few years back, and really didn't play it that much, I currently only own 6 games on my psp, while i have 50 games for my DS. I'm gunna wait and see

TheClash603

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 10:57:12 AM »
I have the First Edition Bundle preordered because it comes with a game that looks interesting and I don't have to pay a ridiculous price for a memory card...   aka, I am paying a ridiculous price for a memory card but since it is in a package I feel better about it.

I hope the system is better than the original PSP, which always collected dust next to my DS.  I play my 3DS a ton, and I am hopeful that the Vita will break into that time...  but I have my doubts.

I really am interested in Resistance, because it's my favorite series on the PS3, but it doesn't appear to be a launch game.  I'll have to look what's out there at launch, maybe I'll just get Ultimate MvC3, because I am a sucker for that shit.

munchiaz

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 12:25:37 PM »
I hear that sales arent doing to well in Japan. i guess it sould over 300k in its first day, but over the holidays only pushed around 70k

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 01:43:14 PM »
I hear that sales arent doing to well in Japan. i guess it sould over 300k in its first day, but over the holidays only pushed around 70k

Pretty much the same thing happened with the 3DS as well, and now it seems to be selling well. Seems people are less likely to buy stuff at launch these days, and they've barely been marketing the vita out here. I've seen maybe one or two commercials for it (granted I don't watch a lot of TV).

Pretty much every kid has a DS or 3DS, but by far the most popular portable gaming system for the older crowd would be the PSP. I see them everywhere and people are always playing it on the train. I rarely see anyone over 12 with a DS anymore. Most adults who used them for casual gaming on the train just use their smartphone now. 

Tatsujin

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 02:04:59 PM »
not get one!
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

SuperDeadite

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 02:16:42 PM »
I have several already:

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 03:18:27 PM »
Deffinitly want one, I love my PSP, my DS collects dust these days, used to be the other way around.  It looks like the Vita will have a more solid line up of game early compared to the PSP which took a year or 2 to get a bunch of decent games.  Just Ys Celceta is enough for me to buy a Vita.  Also, that Actraiser'ish game(Samurai & Dragon) sounds like it might be cool.  However, I'll probably wait for a newer model, price drop, tv out, etc.  However, if Ys comes out before that time comes, I probably won't be able to resist!

blueraven

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 05:37:35 PM »
I have several already:

Haha. In ultra-extreme closeup mode as well :lol:

[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

hoobs88

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 05:42:40 PM »
I have several already:

10 million strong...and growing!
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

blueraven

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 05:44:21 PM »
Hopfully I can download new firmware updates every time I turn the system on just like the PS3!  That is an awesome feature, you gotta admit.  I just wish I could be interrupted mid-game to update the system software.

Haha, I missed that one Joe! Too funny.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

TR0N

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 05:52:51 PM »
Interested but i'm not getting one at the launch.Maybe by the time the remake of Ys IV comes out i'll consider it.Still since i got a psp last year i just want to clean up on collecting&playing befor i get a vita.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 12:42:47 AM »

at least it doesn't do things like the 360 updates (AKA: Change the entire frigging menu/layout abruptly).

Those updates take a whopping like 10 seconds.  Boo hoo.  Its better than never getting any updates.  If you turned your ps3 on more than once a month you'd be less upset.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

nectarsis

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 03:39:16 AM »

at least it doesn't do things like the 360 updates (AKA: Change the entire frigging menu/layout abruptly).

Those updates take a whopping like 10 seconds.  Boo hoo.  Its better than never getting any updates.  If you turned your ps3 on more than once a month you'd be less upset.

Closer to once every 3-6 months LOL
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>