Author Topic: Teh VITA  (Read 2445 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: Teh VITA
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2012, 06:32:29 AM »
I turn my ps3 on daily.

because its awesome.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Tatsujin

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2012, 08:04:18 AM »
HASTA LA VITA.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Joe Redifer

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2012, 08:49:11 AM »
LOL, Arkan defending modern gaming?  Wow.  The firmware updates take much longer than 10 seconds.  The latest one bricks some consoles and prevents others from being online unless it is booted into Safe Mode first and I have refused to apply it.  How often has the Xbox GUI been changed?  Twice?  I just use the Xbox button anyway and don't even mess with the shitty layouts.

PS3 updates come way more often than once every 3-6 months, especially in the last year.  Still, they just can't seem to get that shit right and always need to update it.

Quote from: arkan
Its better than never getting any updates.
Yeah, like those piece of shit older consoles.  They suck because they don't get updates.

I think you are just ultra-biased.  If someone complains about Xbox, it's OK.  Someone complains about PS3, call the WaaahMobile!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 08:52:33 AM by Joe Redifer »

munchiaz

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2012, 09:31:41 AM »
i love ps3, but it does update alot. but i have never had an issue with it on either of my ps3s. My fatty 40 gig white jap model has never had an issue with updates, neither has my 120gig slim model.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2012, 09:38:02 AM »
I'm pretty sure my Slim will be OK but I am kind of afraid to update the fatty.  Not really sure why either of them actually need an update.

nectarsis

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2012, 09:55:26 AM »
PS3 updates come way more often than once every 3-6 months, especially in the last year.  Still, they just can't seem to get that shit right and always need to update it.

I've had mine for almost exactly a year...and haven't done more than 4 updates (and that's counting the post hacking fiasco).  As for the "can't seem to get that shit right and always need to update it"....na dthen they get hacked...damned if you do/damned if you don't :P

I'm not an Xbox hater, just PS3 has more of the games I want to play...and I hate the Xbox controller.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2012, 09:56:48 AM »
LOL, Arkan defending modern gaming?  Wow.  The firmware updates take much longer than 10 seconds.  The latest one bricks some consoles and prevents others from being online unless it is booted into Safe Mode first and I have refused to apply it.  How often has the Xbox GUI been changed?  Twice?  I just use the Xbox button anyway and don't even mess with the shitty layouts.

My updates happen fast enough that I can walk away to pee and come back and be ready to go.  Having an entire UI change without an option is lame.  That sucks about the 360.  Plus, that UI sucked, and still sucks. 

PS3 updates come way more often than once every 3-6 months, especially in the last year.  Still, they just can't seem to get that shit right and always need to update it.

Welcome to modern technology.  Firmware updating is common.  On that topic, what about BIOS flashing?  Same f*cking thing, and it's been going on for a long time.  Does that mean they can't get their shit right too?

Yeah, like those piece of shit older consoles.  They suck because they don't get updates.
See above.  This is a retarded statement on your part. Drop the sarcastic "gotta be right, let's make a strawman!" shit for once and try to keep shit in the proper context.

I think you are just ultra-biased.  If someone complains about Xbox, it's OK.  Someone complains about PS3, call the WaaahMobile!
Citation needed.

I own everything.  When any of them update, I go "oh ok.".  Also, at least the PS3's didn't have the whole RRoD trainwreck.  Who is it that can't get their shit right?

I appreciate that they're updating my firmware. It's a great feature to have. Firmware is a brilliant concept.  Things can be changed later on without expensive hardware re-designs.  There's a reason computers adopted this concept.

I updated a launch 20gb turned 250gb Fatty PS3 with 0 issues.  Quit being a pussy.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2012, 10:18:59 AM »
Quote from: ARkan
Quit being a pussy.

That was a personal attack in a non-Fighting Street thread and frankly I am sick of your constant shit.  Take two weeks off.  Anyone want to whine about what I did, contact Aaron at pcefx@pcenginefx.com.  He reads it.  Whining to me will change nothing.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 10:25:54 AM by Joe Redifer »

TheClash603

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2012, 10:25:38 AM »
Quit being a pussy.

That was a personal attack in a non-Fighting Street thread and frankly I am sick of your constant shit.  Take two weeks off.  Anyone want to whine about what I did, contact Aaron HERE.  He reads it.  Whining to me will change nothing.

Does this mean the making fun of dead Steve Jobs thread is going to die down?  I was enjoying that!

...however, back on topic, anyone think that the Vita is going to get any sort of price decrease before it launches or maybe that early adopters will get something free/special?  I think that the 3DS doing the Ambassador Program really opened up the door for this type of treatment for early adopters, and Sony could really alienate its fan base if they don't do something similar and a quick price drop occurs.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2012, 10:27:13 AM »
That thread will still be around in two weeks, along with a new one debasing me, I'm sure.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2012, 10:42:50 AM »
Sony could really alienate its fan base if they don't do something similar and a quick price drop occurs.

I know it happens, but I've never understood that.  If peeps don't like the price and don't think it's worth it, then don't buy the damned thing!  Who gives a shit what it's selling for tomorrow?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Opethian

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2012, 12:59:12 PM »
I got an MGS4 LE PS3 and its up to date and I never had it brick.
*shrug*

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2012, 01:10:50 PM »
Quit being a pussy.

That was a personal attack in a non-Fighting Street thread and frankly I am sick of your constant shit.  Take two weeks off.  Anyone want to whine about what I did, contact Aaron at pcefx@pcenginefx.com.  He reads it.  Whining to me will change nothing.

(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

BlueBMW

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2012, 01:13:29 PM »
That was a personal attack in a non-Fighting Street thread and frankly I am sick of your constant shit.  Take two weeks off.  Anyone want to whine about what I did, contact Aaron at pcefx@pcenginefx.com.  He reads it.  Whining to me will change nothing.

<sigh>  Seems a little harsh, but its not my call.  An ignore would seem a little more appropriate (looks like three people have elected that option concerning Arkhan already) 

If Arkhan wasn't being abrasive / crazy with his posts I'd wonder if he had fallen ill or something.  

Hope to see you back in two weeks Arkhan.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 01:17:21 PM by BlueBMW »
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

roflmao

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2012, 02:52:37 PM »
<sigh>  Seems a little harsh, but its not my call.  An ignore would seem a little more appropriate (looks like three people have elected that option concerning Arkhan already) 

If Arkhan wasn't being abrasive / crazy with his posts I'd wonder if he had fallen ill or something. 

Hope to see you back in two weeks Arkhan.

+1

Ark's a self-admitted jackass.  He seems to go out of his way to push people's buttons.  But, honestly, I think he's one of the reasons I find these forums so charming.  I won't lie, I'm addicted to this place.  There have been a number of times his comments have upset me.  Then I remember this is cyberspace. 

Like Blue said, it's not my call.  I look forward to seeing your obnoxious posts again in two weeks, Ark.

And, Joe, he's personally attacked me in the past.  I see where you're coming from.  I didn't take it personally because he's pretty much personally attacked EVERYONE who's tried to hold a conversation with him.

Game Sack rules, btw.  I'm a huge fan.  :wink: