Author Topic: Anyone hacked Exile 2 to fix the difficulty?  (Read 1601 times)

nat

Re: Anyone hacked Exile 2 to fix the difficulty?
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2012, 05:01:01 PM »
That pretty much reinforces my point right there. :)

Mishran

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2012, 05:20:33 PM »
"requiring much labor"

... wouldn't that be the case here though? Much more labor to defeat enemies in the US vs. JP Exile 2? More button presses, dodging, attacking, etc? Seems so to me. :-k But what do I know...

nodtveidt

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2012, 05:25:31 PM »
By that definition, the US version is indeed difficult in comparison to the JP version.

But really... must we be so damned semantic? The US version is harder, period. That's just how it is. Once you know what do to, of course, it's easy. But that holds true for virtually all difficult games... they get easier as you play them and learn them. That doesn't make them any less difficult on their own. In Exile II, there are parts, especially later in the game, where one wrong step can kill you outright, no matter how much life you have... this is especially true when you're in the Pyramid... walk through the wrong door and fall on a mummy and it's game over no matter how strong you are.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2012, 12:12:06 AM »
They didn't alter the AI at all. Maybe my definition of "difficulty" is different than everyone else's, but difficult for me involves faster, smarter enemies, tricky platforming segments, puzzles, that sort of thing. Changing a number that alters the required number of hits to kill an enemy doesn't make a game any more difficult, unless other factors are also changed that put the player in immediate peril. Does it make it longer? Sure. Tedious? You bet. Difficult? Not in my book.

I see your point, but having to successfully attack an enemy an excessive number of times while avoiding damage or doing so within their patterns increases your chances of being hit and as a result, makes it more difficult.
--DragonmasterDan

RegalSin

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2012, 12:35:15 PM »
XZR2 was meh. The first game was auwsome, and the second game had a sword fight, and you barely get to make any usage of your freinds. I love the world, and everything the game has to offer. It was a real nice but it felt so damn forced. Like they did not even plan it right ( like Golden Sun 2 ).

The way I see it, is that your freinds all died with the ruin collapsed and
you spent the remainder of your life as a pot head buddist with a brain tumor. The rest of the series is just one sad wishful dream, ( like the current state of the Orient ). It is so laughable.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:38:02 PM by RegalSin »

Keranu

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2012, 04:54:49 PM »
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I just love this RegalSin fellow! :)
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

esteban

« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2012, 06:49:18 PM »
XZR2 was meh. The first game was auwsome, and the second game had a sword fight, and you barely get to make any usage of your freinds. I love the world, and everything the game has to offer. It was a real nice but it felt so damn forced. Like they did not even plan it right ( like Golden Sun 2 ).

The way I see it, is that your freinds all died with the ruin collapsed and
you spent the remainder of your life as a pot head buddist with a brain tumor. The rest of the series is just one sad wishful dream, ( like the current state of the Orient ). It is so laughable.

You had me at "pot head buddist".

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I just love this RegalSin fellow! :)

I hear you. I honestly don't know what to make of him .
  |    | 

Bernie

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2012, 01:52:26 PM »

lol.  I think we all do.  Comic relief.  :)