Author Topic: "Plays Well With Others" poll  (Read 1271 times)

PUSH RUN BUTTON!

"Plays Well With Others" poll
« on: January 27, 2012, 11:28:22 AM »
So, let's say you're taking on a JRPG with some fellow PCEFX members... Which game would it be? (If I'm missing a critical game suggestion, let me know.)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:49:55 PM by PUSH RUN BUTTON! »
Check out PUSHRUNBUTTON.COM!

roflmao

Re: "Plays Well Together" poll
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 11:36:19 AM »
I voted Kabuki Den because it's the only one I own.  Still not too sure if I'd be able to participate as much as others, but I'd give it a shot. :)

SignOfZeta

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 11:45:59 AM »
What do you mean by "Far East of Eden"? TM1 or 2?

I voted for Kabuki because as our first game it will set a good example. There is a great FAQ. It's f*cking great. Everyone owns it (or should) and if they don't they can easily buy it for $20, if not $5. We can a actually finish this, and hopefully it will be the first of many.

I would prefer to hold off on Xanadu 2 since it seems like a patch. Is only a year or so away, hopefully.

I'm interested in Neo Metal Fantasy.

In the future I'm all for something more exotic, like Linda 3.

Sadler

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 11:56:58 AM »
LoX2 was the first untranslated JPRG I played and it's absolutely awesome! I haven't played any of the Tengai Makyōs.

nectarsis

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 12:01:16 PM »
What do you mean by "Far East of Eden"? TM1 or 2?

I voted for Kabuki because as our first game it will set a good example. There is a great FAQ. It's f*cking great. Everyone owns it (or should) and if they don't they can easily buy it for $20, if not $5. We can a actually finish this, and hopefully it will be the first of many.

I would prefer to hold off on Xanadu 2 since it seems like a patch. Is only a year or so away, hopefully.

I'm interested in Neo Metal Fantasy.

In the future I'm all for something more exotic, like Linda 3.

This...

Kabuki Den is cheap, easy to get into with a quality FAQ.  Personally I'd vote Manji Maru, but it's size/scope would def turn many people off.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

shubibiman

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 12:04:32 PM »
How can you chose between all those great RPG's? Take 'em all!
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

Black Tiger

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 12:40:38 PM »
I'd wait until a few successful RPG play together runs before attempting games like Linda3, Gulliver Boy or Blood Gear, which are non-linear(ish).

I'd also avoid Monster Maker, which I really like, because of a game breaking bug near the end.

Xanadu I and Dragon Slayer II would be tough for non-hardcore Japanese RPG players, since they involve too much specific fetch questing and specific NPC chatting.

Anearth Fantasy Stories, although non-linear at the beginning, would be one of the best games to play, as it's high quality and has an amazing walk through.

Neo Metal Fantasy isn't the best choice as the first game to play. Xanadu II probably is just to see how many people can make it through even such a short game. But NMF should be high on the list for one of the runs, since it will likely surprise people with it's unique story/art/character style and Phantasy II/IV style design.

Although I haven't played far into it and there isn't an English guide for it, Cosmic Fantasy IV Chapter 2 would be a good game for this.

I've only played through about 3/4 of Xak I, but I didn't need a walkthrough, so I imagine both games are straightforward enough.

Benkei Gaiden is cheap and awesome. A very satisfying HuCard RPG to play. The Japanese guide(s) for it is easy enough to follow.

If this actually lasts a past a few games, it'd be cool to do Might & Magic III.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

SignOfZeta

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 02:34:13 PM »
I got stuck in CF 4 Part 2. I was in a town that I could not leave. It was frustrating because it wasn't a very big town at all.

incrediblehark

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 11:37:07 PM »

Anearth Fantasy Stories, although non-linear at the beginning, would be one of the best games to play, as it's high quality and has an amazing walk through.

I second this, plus imho the game looks pretty amazing too.

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2012, 11:47:05 PM »
Voted Neo Metal Fantasy as that the most appealing one on the list for me. The Phantasy Star vibe has bee really interested. But I'd be down to play through this just about anything with you guys if I have the time.

Also, a lot of these games can be had dirt cheap over here in Japan. Like around $5 for a complete copy depending on the game. So if you guys needed help getting cheap copies I might be able to help out in that regard.

PUSH RUN BUTTON!

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 06:29:16 AM »

I second this, plus imho the game looks pretty amazing too.

Just added Anearth to the poll. I agree, this game looks incredible.

For sheer simplicity, I voted Neo Metal Fantasy, as it has an icon based menu that I think will be easier and less intimidating for new folks like me, but I'm game for any game.

esteban

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 12:58:01 PM »
Not to be cheesy, but I would encourage everyone to read Black_Tiger's post and use it as a guide.

I never finished Neo Metal Fantasy, for example, and it is calling me. However, it might be more fun to tackle it after the group completes a more straightforward game.

:)

|    | 

PUSH RUN BUTTON!

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 01:06:01 PM »
Not to be cheesy, but I would encourage everyone to read Black_Tiger's post and use it as a guide.

I never finished Neo Metal Fantasy, for example, and it is calling me. However, it might be more fun to tackle it after the group completes a more straightforward game.

:)

I'm all for taking on Anearth Fantasy Stories! It looks absolutely stunning.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »
If the games were translated into english, I would more than likely play em. ^^ -1 for not including the awesome Wizardry games even though they aren't technically jrpgs. lol

shubibiman

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 08:40:36 PM »
I got stuck in CF 4 Part 2. I was in a town that I could not leave. It was frustrating because it wasn't a very big town at all.

It's strange, I don't remember being stuck anywhere in this game.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion