Author Topic: Turbo Everdrive PC Engine / Turbografx 16 Flash Card Nearing Release  (Read 9745 times)

grahf

Re: Turbo Everdrive PC Engine / Turbografx 16 Flash Card Nearing Release
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 02:24:01 AM »
I think gameofyou's flashcard is useful for devs, and those wanting to play translations and such. People who just want to play a ton of roms, will probably go with Krikzss.
Personally I will buy gameofyou's, as I don't really care about roms. Most of the hucards I want I already own.

spenoza

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 03:47:34 AM »
I want both, but because of the price I'm starting with gameofyou's.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Nando

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 07:49:08 AM »
Another awesome piece hardware!

gameofyou

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 03:31:30 PM »
Damn... This is really bad timing for gameofyou's flash card.  Hopefully there's a market for both.

Lol.  That is unfortunate timing.  Oh, well.  Having more options is always a good thing.

I think there will be a market for each card, like the other guys posted.  One thing about my flash HuCard that I really haven't advertised is it's low power consumption.  So this would make it a better option for the handheld systems.  I'll have to take some official measurements of the power, & add it to the web page.

roflmao

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 03:41:32 PM »
I'll be getting one of yours, gameofyou.  Can't wait!

NightWolve

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 03:06:33 PM »
Just by looking around the pics, does Krikzz know that the PCE, GT, Duo, etc have power switch/stoppers where the SD card is (for now), BUT the SGX also has a stopper on the opposite side (where the USB plug is)?  Basically, the handle edge of the HuCard/Everdrive can't have connectors on it unless users are willing to snap off the power switch stoppers of their PCEs/SGXs...

Yup, and the final board design is revised because of this. He's aware (from 5 days ago):

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?31764-PCE-TG16-HuCard-Everdrive&s=40609e5beaf100f34c30f64fa458cbbd&p=584579&viewfull=1#post584579
here is photo how proto board looks. final board will be almost same, but without small tactile button, jtag connector and without white wire. also i will change sd slot layout in final revision, cuz prototype pcb fit not very good (SD card crossed with power switch)

And he estimates it being ready in 1-2 months. A friend just told me about this today and I'm very interested! Having the whole ROM collection available in a single card might give me more of a reason to play my Express a little more often than in 5 year intervals. ;)

Hm, there is an issue with SFII:CE and he's asking for technical help, though:
i recently made street fighter2 mapper, but one of game levels work with terrible glitches (sea port level in USA), but all other levels works fine. i wonder if there need to use some known "tricks" to make it work, or it is just some my mistake somewhere. may be there someone who knows something about pce and sf2 mapper (:

Nevermind, he solved it about 16 hours ago! Heh-heh. Good good! Just had to read further down and it appears he knows about this forum cause he got info about the mapper from here (thanks to our very own Bonknuts/tomaitheous).

General compatibility (according to the MottZilla guy):
99% of game HuCards are just a ROM up to 1 Megabyte in size. SF2'CE is an exception as it is 2.5 Megabytes and to allow that a memory mapper was designed for it. I have heard Populous might have some extra (maybe battery backed) RAM but that is about it. So again, 99% of HuCard games should work perfectly on the EverDrive. Populous is the only game that will not work.

URL: http://krikzz.com/
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 03:49:04 PM by NightWolve »

cabbage

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 03:31:15 PM »
 =P~

A_Locomotive

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 05:19:56 PM »
I wonder if the Turbo Everdrive will have the same issues that the Neo Flash does with weak voltage. I hope not. :( I don't like the idea of spending all that money to find it doesn't work on my region modded Duo-R forcing me to get another console just for it.

Nando

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 09:12:32 AM »
I wonder if the Turbo Everdrive will have the same issues that the Neo Flash does with weak voltage. I hope not. :( I don't like the idea of spending all that money to find it doesn't work on my region modded Duo-R forcing me to get another console just for it.

what issues does it have?

A_Locomotive

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 03:56:38 PM »

what issues does it have?

Some consoles have a weak voltage to the hucard slot and are unable to run flash cards.

More detailed description hear, this problem is the only reason I never bought a neo flash.
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?topic=7289.0

NightWolve

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 04:33:04 PM »
Oh, interesting... Since I installed brand new capacitors in my Express, it shouldn't have a weak voltage for the line that powers the HuCard slot. Maybe that's why flash cards work on some consoles and not others (old/weakened capacitors) ?? I would bet that has something to do with it...

NightWolve

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 07:05:14 PM »
Krikzz made a video to demo it! He loads/tests "Street Fighter II:CE," Batman, R-Type, and Toilet Kids, etc.

Towards the end he'll point the camera down to his PC Engine, turn it off, take the SD card out, turn back on, etc. (I guess to show it retained the memory of the last game? Not sure.). Anyway, looks awesome!

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 04:53:32 AM »
I am in love....

Nando

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 05:11:02 AM »
Where do I sign up?

Duo_R

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 05:15:23 AM »
ok quick question - what flash carts support / work with Supergrafx roms? Do they all work?
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq