Author Topic: Turbo Everdrive PC Engine / Turbografx 16 Flash Card Nearing Release  (Read 9743 times)

SuperPlay

Source:  retrocollect
http://www.retrocollect.com/News/krikzzs-turbo-everdrive-pc-engine-turbografx-16-flash-card-nearing-release.html

"After releasing the impressive Mega Everdrive for the Sega Mega Drive, flash cartridge guru Krikzz has since moved his focus onto a SD card ROM loading solution for the Turbografx and PC Engine consoles- The Turbo Everdrive. After many months of hardwork, the card has entered the final phase of testing and is due for release shortly.

As mentioned when we first heard about the Turbo Everdrive, there has been little in the way of flash cartridges for the Turbografx and PC Engine systems.  The only existing solution currently available is from Neo Flash, known as the NEO Power PC-E- a sadly outdated and neglected piece of hardware.

Whilst little information regarding the Turbo Everdrive has been released online, we are aware that the SD card ROM loading flash cartridge will play games from every region, have a similar price tag to that of the Everdrive-MD (approx $78), and be made available within the next two months. Best of all, we'll finally able to play the elusive and incredibly rare Magical Chase without breaking the bank."

Black Tiger

If this one is problem-free, I will be buying one asap for sure. :)
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

FiftyQuid

I don't quite understand this.  Does it work like an emulator?  How will I be able to play Magical Chase?  Sorry, new to this... From the video it looks like every game is on the flash card.  Is this correct?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Flare65

Are all the games going to be pre loaded on it?

ccovell

Just by looking around the pics, does Krikzz know that the PCE, GT, Duo, etc have power switch/stoppers where the SD card is (for now), BUT the SGX also has a stopper on the opposite side (where the USB plug is)?  Basically, the handle edge of the HuCard/Everdrive can't have connectors on it unless users are willing to snap off the power switch stoppers of their PCEs/SGXs...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:41:52 PM by ccovell »

roflmao

That's the issue I ran into with the Protocade AbCard.  The top layer is so close to the back of the card that my Express switch can't clear it.  I still haven't gotten around to filing the card down to fit.  :roll: But it's a prototype, so I'm sure it'll be addressed in the final version.

Deletion

Can't wait. I'll be in line for that shit.

I have several of Krikkz's flash carts and they all operate the same way. You download ROMs and copy them onto an SD card. Insert the SD card into the flash cart, then insert the flash cart into your console. Upon startup, you'll see a menu listing the ROMs. The menus on the earlier flash carts were very basic and resembled DOS; the newer menus have GUIs. Select a ROM to load it into memory and then you can play the game as if you had the authentic cartridge/HuCard. It's very easy and works great.

No, the SD card does not come pre-loaded with ROMs. Finding and downloading ROMs will be up to you. With that being said, there could be a bonus game on the flash cart if you turn it on without the SD card inserted. Krikkz did that with at least the original EverDrive (Genesis flash cart).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 05:54:54 PM by Deletion »

Frank_fjs

Looks great!

I hope it really is priced at the $78 mark - I got a bit of a shock at the pricing of his latest MD cart.

tiptopjames

Just by looking around the pics, does Krikzz know that the PCE, GT, Duo, etc have power switch/stoppers where the SD card is (for now), BUT the SGX also has a stopper on the opposite side (where the USB plug is)?  Basically, the handle edge of the HuCard/Everdrive can't have connectors on it unless users are willing to snap off the power switch stoppers of their PCEs/SGXs...

did some reading, the big sd slot, which you are referring to, is out. will be all micro sd which is on the opposite side.

Looks great!

I hope it really is priced at the $78 mark - I got a bit of a shock at the pricing of his latest MD cart.

the mega everdrive is awesome though! it has save states, an in game menu, and a USB slot to be used for awesome things in the future! plus you can still buy the cheaper sega everdrive (for $78), and it's still awesome too. krikzz didn't even pay me to write that, i paid him!

SignOfZeta

I'm so geeked for this. The drag and drop aspect is the most exciting part. No more shitty propritary Windows software that doesn't work!

I want to play Bubblegum Crash in English, mainly.

storino03

Re: Turbo Everdrive PC Engine / Turbografx 16 Flash Card Nearing Release
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 07:46:12 PM »
Looks nice. Maybe the label side will have a small handle that sticks out so you can pull it out easier than grabbing the edge where the sd card slot is.

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 08:15:41 PM »
I wonder if it will be SGX compatible?

TR0N

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 08:18:13 PM »
I don't quite understand this.  Does it work like an emulator?  How will I be able to play Magical Chase?  Sorry, new to this... From the video it looks like every game is on the flash card.  Is this correct?
The everdrive flash cartridge is not emulation.Pretty much,you save the game rom to the sd card and the device flashes it's program.I have one for the (sega genesis) and it works great so i can't wait for the TG16 version.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 09:06:22 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

soop

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 10:23:51 PM »
Damn... This is really bad timing for gameofyou's flash card.  Hopefully there's a market for both.

Bernie

• Facebook URL
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 10:34:43 PM »
Damn... This is really bad timing for gameofyou's flash card.  Hopefully there's a market for both.
I am sure there will be.  His will be cheaper, and I know there will be peeps that purchase both.