Author Topic: The Brag n' Boast Thread  (Read 6848 times)

storino03

Re: The Brag n' Boast Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 08:26:58 AM »
Those shelves (your game systems are on) look like ones you buy at Walmart. I don't connect all my consoles at once, except the ps3/360 and maybe a third one (right now it's the TG/CD). I hate dust lol

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 08:29:43 AM »
I'm still a noob.  I don't have a handle on how unique what you're posting is.  What the heck kind of NEC controller is that?

I wasn't posting the controller so much as I was posting Insanity.

I made it.  That's the first copy to come out of the boxes and be photographed / tested.  It's worth infinity $
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 08:33:54 AM »
I want to know how you guys store your controllers and accessories?

A TurboStick, an Acemore Freedom-16, and a couple of those shitty Pythons are boxed up in the closet; five wireless controllers sit on a shelf, face down to keep the dust out; and there's a little wicker basket on the shelves to hold a tap, a few 2 and 6 button wired pads, and a couple extension cables.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SignOfZeta

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 08:46:10 AM »

Again, I need some details here.  I understand they are PCE ROMs.  Is it all the games?  Where did you get them?  $$$?

I was sarcastically trying to post a picture of the lamest least apealing Turbo thing I could think of.

I'm sure there is some scumbag that would charge you for a complete ROM set, but everything is free on the Internet.

storino03

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2012, 08:50:04 AM »
I put my extra controllers and cords/cables in ziploc bags (those freezer food sized ones), and then label what bag is for what system.

cabbage

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2012, 09:00:17 AM »

=3

Hmm, I think I can see the start of the DUO-R text hiding behind the RX controller...  :-"

What's up with that Dragon Power article in the background, Arkhan? I love that game ;3 Send me better pics, I want to read it hehe

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2012, 09:03:37 AM »
I'm sure there is some scumbag that would charge you for a complete ROM set, but everything is free on the Internet.

Like this eBay twat?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SignOfZeta

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 09:47:03 AM »

Like this eBay twat?

Wow. That's some old bullshit on so many levels.

My collection doesn't have a lady in her underwear on the cover, but it has a lot more games.

hoobs88

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 10:19:23 AM »

Like this eBay twat?

Is that the 4th Bikini Girls title? :P
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase

Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0

League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

vestcoat

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2012, 10:54:24 AM »
five wireless controllers sit on a shelf, face down to keep the dust out;
I'd recommend keeping them right-side-up and using a cloth dust cover. Long-term pressure on the buttons, even just the weight of a controller, seems to fatigue the rubber innards.

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2012, 10:55:29 AM »
My collection has been so fragmented over the years, I can't wait to settle down some place and have all of my games organized in one place but that won't happen for a few months at least.

roflmao

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2012, 11:04:39 AM »
My collection has been so fragmented over the years, I can't wait to settle down some place and have all of my games organized in one place but that won't happen for a few months at least.

Yeah, I have stuff spread out all over the place.  :D

turbokon

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2012, 01:00:07 PM »
Here are some pictures of mine.

One lonely little Neo Geo game :( But, it looks to be KOF94! :D

Actually it's samurai showdown 2. Neogeo games are just ridiculously expensive to collect for, especially the games I want to get like metal slug, pulstar and blazing star. I'll been thinking about getting a mvs to aes converter.

Here are some pictures of mine. Gotton some more systems and games since then, super grafx, duo-r, neogeo pocket, etc.  Looking to build a custom shelve for all the systems I have. I want to know how you guys store your controllers and accessories?

Hey, I have that same shelving system.  You're using it to better effect than I did.  It was starting to buckle under the weight of my 27" tube tv, so now it's sitting in the garage. :)

Cool, I picked this up from a garage sale.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

FiftyQuid

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2012, 01:14:44 PM »
I put my extra controllers and cords/cables in ziploc bags (those freezer food sized ones), and then label what bag is for what system.
Those Ziploc bags are clear.  Why do you have to label the bags?

As promised... B-E-H-O-L-D!  My game room!  Yes there are no chairs.  Well, actually there are, but they're dining room chairs.  I usually sit on the floor and lean up against them.  Under the coffee table is a hard case for the TG-16+CD, 3 TurboPads, and 1 TurboTap.  In the background is the broken and disassembled CD unit I recently purchased.  It's waiting patiently for a gear from Keith Courage and hopefully once installed *fingers-crossed* it'll fire itself up.  The whole room is a work in progress (obviously).  

Step 1: Convince my wife to allow me to takeover the room. [COMPLETED]
Step 2: Convince my wife to let me start collecting my old TG-16 games. [COMPLETED]
Step 3: Empty the crap out of the room and move "my crap" in. [PENDING]
Step 4: Renovate the basement (where the room resides), and design it to include a "gaming area". [LONG TERM GOAL]
Step 5: Convince my wife we need a minimum of 1 pinball machine, and 1 cocktail arcade table [PRAY EVERY DAY]

Oh, and if anyone is curious... yes, I do have all the pieces for the mobile on the baby swing and it is for sale.  However, I would prefer to trade it for HU cards.  :)

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:18:05 PM by FiftyQuid »
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2012, 01:26:03 PM »

Step 1: Convince my wife to allow me to takeover the room. [COMPLETED]
Step 2: Convince my wife to let me start collecting my old TG-16 games. [COMPLETED]
Step 3: Empty the crap out of the room and move "my crap" in. [PENDING]
Step 4: Renovate the basement (where the room resides), and design it to include a "gaming area". [LONG TERM GOAL]
Step 5: Convince my wife we need a minimum of 1 pinball machine, and 1 cocktail arcade table [PRAY EVERY DAY]

Pro tip: don't ask wife, just bring the cabs and shit in the house without asking. They'll be upset at first but then finish another house project they have been nagging you about for a long time and bring her home like some cupcakes and wine and they'll forget all about the game room.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint