Author Topic: The Brag n' Boast Thread  (Read 6847 times)

FiftyQuid

The Brag n' Boast Thread
« on: June 01, 2012, 04:51:24 AM »
I wasn't sure where to put this.  It doesn't fit into the Non-NEC Console, or Homebrew Development categories, and I wanted it to include all things PC-FX, PC-Engine/SuperGrafx and TG-16/TE/TurboDuo.

The idea of this thread isn't to say "In your face!  I have this!", well...  It is and it isn't.  I am very interested to see other peoples collections.  How people have them displayed, what bookcase or shelves you use.  How you store your duplicates.  How many different consoles you have and how you keep the wiring under control.  This is a place to show off your collection, show off something you are building/restoring, show off your game room (man cave), show off a unique NEC piece, or share a great way to store/display something that you came up with.  

I'll post a picture of my setup later this evening.  It is guaranteed not to blow you away.  In fact, it may make some of you very sad.  Perhaps sad enough to send money my way.  :P  For now, I'll give an outside example to get the ball rolling.  This item belongs to tmlfan over on cgcc.ca.  I would love to get my hands on a TurboGrafx-16 kiosk like this.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:52:48 AM by FiftyQuid »
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

soop

Re: The Brag n' Boast Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 05:16:41 AM »
I'm quite pleased with my cabling.  All I need is a VGA adaptor for my Dreamcast, and then nothing at the back of the TV will need to be swapped around (although the SNES SCART isn't great).  It's still a horrendous mess though, but I can't see it so I don't care.

I don't think I own anything that would inspire awe to anyone here, I just own a lot of nice things.  I have a large collection of Gameboys (looking out for a black DMG-001, a blue DMG-001, a black pocket and a silver non-mirror pocket to complete my "basic colours" collection!) which I really need to sort out in a nicer display somehow.

I did make a gameboy game-holder thing out of cardboard and papier mache.  Started out as just 2 pieces of cardboard with slots for games, and then I embelished it:

I'd really like a zippo case for my gameboy games.

Sparky

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 05:40:14 AM »
This item belongs to tmlfan over on cgcc.ca.  I would love to get my hands on a TurboGrafx-16 kiosk like this.

i know tmlfan as i am over on that forum from time to time,... and in see you are as well :)
i will post some new pictures of my games room and Fifty if you think that Kiosk looks good wait till ya see mine <<brag pose>> :P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:48:30 AM by Sparky »

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 05:45:09 AM »

=3
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 05:49:30 AM »
I did make a gameboy game-holder thing out of cardboard and papier mache.  Started out as just 2 pieces of cardboard with slots for games, and then I embelished it:

How many hours did you put into that frame?  How big is it?  It's hard to judge from the photo.  If I remember correctly, GameBoy games are about 2" tall so that would put the frame at...carry the 1... to 1.5' tall?

i know tmlfan as i am over on that forum from time to time,... and in see you are as well :)
i will post some new pictures of my games room and Fifty if you think that Kiosk looks good wait till ya see mine <<brag pose>> :P
I'm sure I'll be jealous.  I sense myself tearing up already.

=3
I'm still a noob.  I don't have a handle on how unique what you're posting is.  What the heck kind of NEC controller is that?

@all ~ When you post your photo(s), make sure to post some sort of back story to it.  I'd like to know how you came across each item, how long it took you to find them, and if you managed to snag something huge for $10.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:14:04 AM by FiftyQuid »

storino03

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 06:23:12 AM »
I'm quite pleased with my cabling.  All I need is a VGA adaptor for my Dreamcast, and then nothing at the back of the TV will need to be swapped around (although the SNES SCART isn't great).  It's still a horrendous mess though, but I can't see it so I don't care.

I don't think I own anything that would inspire awe to anyone here, I just own a lot of nice things.  I have a large collection of Gameboys (looking out for a black DMG-001, a blue DMG-001, a black pocket and a silver non-mirror pocket to complete my "basic colours" collection!) which I really need to sort out in a nicer display somehow.

I did make a gameboy game-holder thing out of cardboard and papier mache.  Started out as just 2 pieces of cardboard with slots for games, and then I embelished it:

I'd really like a zippo case for my gameboy games.

Looks like a giant candy bar wrapper! LOL

SignOfZeta

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 06:25:44 AM »

city41

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 06:27:12 AM »
I'm still a noob.  I don't have a handle on how unique what you're posting is.  What the heck kind of NEC controller is that?

That's the six button controller that comes with a Duo RX:

futureman2000

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 06:59:59 AM »

=3

Nice! Is that signed? Those go for a pretty penny on the 'bay.

/sarcasm
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

FiftyQuid

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 07:13:09 AM »

Again, I need some details here.  I understand they are PCE ROMs.  Is it all the games?  Where did you get them?  $$$?

Lilgrafx

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2012, 07:24:27 AM »
if were bragging, I'll show off my brother SNES collection. He's getting married this summer and once that happens he's taking the collections with him, I'm gonna miss it  :cry: .

nectarsis

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2012, 07:28:53 AM »
How is it bragging when it's someone ELSE'S collection  :P :lol:
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

turbokon

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 08:12:21 AM »
Here are some pictures of mine. Gotton some more systems and games since then, super grafx, duo-r, neogeo pocket, etc.  Looking to build a custom shelve for all the systems I have. I want to know how you guys store your controllers and accessories?

Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

roflmao

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 08:18:07 AM »
Here are some pictures of mine. Gotton some more systems and games since then, super grafx, duo-r, neogeo pocket, etc.  Looking to build a custom shelve for all the systems I have. I want to know how you guys store your controllers and accessories?

Hey, I have that same shelving system.  You're using it to better effect than I did.  It was starting to buckle under the weight of my 27" tube tv, so now it's sitting in the garage. :)

city41

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 08:25:39 AM »
Here are some pictures of mine.

One lonely little Neo Geo game :( But, it looks to be KOF94! :D