Author Topic: The Brag n' Boast Thread  (Read 6846 times)

roflmao

Re: The Brag n' Boast Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 01:32:28 PM »
Oh, and if anyone is curious... yes, I do have all the pieces for the mobile on the baby swing and it is for sale.  However, I would prefer to trade it for HU cards.  :)

Hey, I have that baby swing.  Only our kid outgrew it so now it's sitting in the garage. :D

Sadler

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2012, 01:58:40 PM »
I bought my first house last year. Pretty much the entire thing is a man cave, but I've had some time to work on my game room this past month. One of the previous owners was kind enough to frame a random section of my basement, so I hung some slat wall. This stuff is great, the hooks and shelves you can get for it allow you to configure things pretty much however you want. Love this stuff! Anyway, some pics...

Left side:

Right side:

Nintendo/random stuff:

TG16/PCE games:

First look at systems. Here's the FC Twin, DuoRX, Xbox, and Genesis+SegaCD:

Another look at systems, here's the DuoRX, SuperGrafx and SNES:

Pic of TG/PCE stuff on slat wall:

Main shelf on slat wall:

PCE cables. First set of coils are PCE/TurboDuo extension cables, second TG16, third TG->PCE converter cables:

Basket of TG/PCE stuff, mostly controllers:

Basket of mostly Nintendo stuff, but some random TG boxes:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:00:41 PM by Sadler »

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 02:51:18 PM »
The slat wall reminds me of the game store my neighbor's mom owned when I was a kid!
I love the Golgo 13 poster too, it's bitchen
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

roflmao

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 02:59:58 PM »
The slat wall reminds me of the game store my neighbor's mom owned when I was a kid!

That's exactly what I thought when I saw the pics. :)  It reminded me of the store I first bought my TG-16 from.

EDIT:  I'm not poking fun at you - I think it's pretty cool!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:42:38 PM by roflmao »

NightWolve

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2012, 03:24:54 PM »
That's awesome Sadler! "Man cave" indeed... But congrats more so on getting your first house!

FiftyQuid

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2012, 03:39:16 PM »
Hey, I have that baby swing.  Only our kid outgrew it so now it's sitting in the garage. :D
Why do you think mine is sitting in that room?  Our kid outgrew it at 5 months.  Damn thing sucked batteries, and barely rocked with her in it.  I was going to solder it up with dummy batteries and a AC adapter, but I never found the time to do it.

@Sadler ~ LOVE the slat walls.  I never would have thought to do that.  My brain is dreaming up uses as I type this.  Ha!  Is that a Super System Card v3.0 for TG-16?  I've been looking for one of those, but the damn things are outrageously prices.  Mind me asking how much you payed for that one?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:43:16 PM by FiftyQuid »
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Frank_fjs

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2012, 03:46:48 PM »
This is my rarest game; I wear surgical gloves, a dust mask and a shower cap before handling it:

storino03

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2012, 05:32:53 PM »
Do you really?

vestcoat

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2012, 08:57:01 PM »
Sadler - that slat wall is the shit.
FiftyQuid - Nice, simple, elegant setup (esp. once the rest of the room falls into place). Looks like you're do for a  controller extension or Nat's extend-a-turbotap.

Samurai Ghost

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2012, 09:25:43 PM »
Nice room/collection Sadler!!

galam

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2012, 01:12:38 AM »
some nice set-ups in here.  I love the store display wall.

Anyway, here's some of mine...

And while we're "bragging", here's me in the GamesTM publication...

city41

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2012, 04:17:34 AM »
My setup is a bit cramped in the guest room. We currently have a 2 bedroom condo. Looking forward to expanding into a house. TG16+CD, Neo AES, Neo CDZ and a Core Grafx 2 peeking from behind the TV. I tend to prefer gaming from Japanese companies with three letter acronyms :)

I've also got modern systems hooked up in the living room, but basically never play them (my girlfriend plays them).

Sadler

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2012, 04:20:30 AM »
Thanks guys! :D

FiftyQuid, that's a case for a US Super System card, but sadly that's all it is. Let's just say it pays to actually read what an item is before buying it.  :oops: I do actually have the other system cards shown there.

galam, is that article you wrote available online anywhere? Any chance we can see a scan? :D

galam

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2012, 06:20:03 AM »
here is a PDF, you may want to increase it to 150% in order to read it.

http://www.dotsandloops.com/retro/scan.pdf

NightWolve

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2012, 08:51:49 AM »
Hm, I guess I should give Beyond Shadowgate another chance some day given the love for it around here. I had the image once, but I had an external firewire drive that went bad and I wound up destroying the 80GB drive that was connected to it... Lost a lot of PC Engine stuff.