Author Topic: Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys English Dub Patch Released!  (Read 14709 times)

NightWolve

Re: Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys English Dub Patch Released!
« Reply #300 on: May 01, 2018, 05:44:02 PM »
Anyone know how to patch the text translation for Ys IVB and Xak III in 64-bit Windows 10?

The Ys IV dub patch seemed to work fine.

What's the story here, BT ?

With this http://www.ysutopia.net/software/ppf-o-matic3.exe ?

The PPF GUI patcher won't execute on Windows 10 or it reports some kind of error ?

Still wanna keep 'em PPF as MagicEngine natively supports the 2 PPFs my team produced with Xak III & Ys IV. I dunno when I can look at this, maybe there's a 64-bit compiled binary of it somewhere.

squerol

« Reply #301 on: May 03, 2018, 07:09:48 PM »
Thank You very much guys for full english translation to this game.

This game in my opinion is superior to Book I & II, I'm glad there was a chance to expierience it in understable for me language  O:)

NightWolve

« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2018, 07:27:31 PM »
You're welcome but I wouldn't say Ys IV is superior to Ys Book I&II, and I mostly love them all given the legendary soundtracks.

squerol

« Reply #303 on: May 08, 2018, 07:07:57 AM »
You're welcome but I wouldn't say Ys IV is superior to Ys Book I&II, and I mostly love them all given the legendary soundtracks.

Well, opinions differs, I understand.

Well, for me, in Ys I & II except few memorable music tracks (for example Fields, Boss music and Belfry section) I see nothing outstanding here.

In DoY I've liked much more the world, dungeons, characters, story (more sh*t happens around too, got suprised with some events too).
Most of soundtrack is damn good.
The graphics are superior.
Controls were improved, diagonal movement finally here.
Much more content.
Much more varied bestiary (and many magic-ressistance enemies finally).
Most step up are bossfights in my opinion, they've ashamed those seen in Ys I II. Finally varied movesets, more intense action, and that 3 phase final boss with that damn good soundtrack.

For me it is just bigger and better than ys I & II
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:12:34 AM by squerol »