Author Topic: What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?  (Read 103643 times)

Keranu

What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2006, 07:34:27 PM »
God damn it, Steve - do you HAVE to be the coolest person in the universe? :D
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2006, 05:37:29 AM »
Speaking of game music, y'all got to watch this video.

It's evidence that Michael Jackson had something to do with the music for Sonic the Hedgehog 3.

I knew something was shady, because when I first heard Michael's single "Stranger in Moscow", first thing that came to mind was the Sonic 3 ending credits.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2006, 02:33:06 PM »
The stuff that good shooters are made of!

GUTS

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2006, 03:49:26 PM »
You still have that 8-Track record player Steve?  Those things are DOPE, I've been looking around here locally for one of those old silver 70s ones.  I want to get a whole 70s stereo setup eventually, they just look so damn cool and records are fookin awesome.

esteban

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2006, 03:56:01 PM »
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"
Speaking of game music, y'all got to watch this video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JbVM-l2Oku4
It's evidence that Michael Jackson had something to do with the music for Sonic the Hedgehog 3.

I knew something was shady, because when I first heard Michael's single "Stranger in Moscow", first thing that came to mind was the Sonic 3 ending credits.
Wow, that was fun to watch and think about. I'm not familiar enough with MJ's later music to make a judgement on the possible similarities, but it's damn interesting! It would be great if MJ released his original notes / demos for Moonwalker Arcade / Genesis and Sonic 3 on his website. Of course I'm dreaming!
  |    | 

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2006, 04:42:46 PM »
This is not the only game where this kind of conspiracy theory exists.

There's also the situation where traces of actual songs (let alone classical) end up in video game music. "Children" by Robert Miles is heard in several fighting games, Tekken 5, and Garou Mark of the Wolves.

The Megaman series is also notorious for stuff like this

>Neon Tiger stage music in Rockman/Megaman X3 actually takes several bars from a Guns & Roses song.

>Megaman 1: Elec Man stage music has an uncanny resemblance to another 80's song, I forgot what it was.

>Megaman 3: Word has it that the opening bars in Magnet Man's music came from a song from the R&B group "Earth Wind and Fire".

For the Neo Geo enthusiasts, listen to the song "Roundabout" by the group Yes. If you transpose it to concert D minor, it sounds almost identical to Galford's music (Samurai Showdown).

Keranu

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2006, 04:52:42 PM »

Neon Tiger stage music in Rockman/Megaman X3 actually takes several bars from a Guns & Roses song.

DUDE! My little brother was just playing that game yesterday and when he was in some stage, I listened closely to the music and was thinking how similar it sounded to a GnR song, I am pretty sure it was the song Mr. Brownstone. I would have to listen to that level song again to confirm it, because there was a guitar riff during the song that sounded just like one of those old GnR songs. It only makes sense too since those MMX games have boss names from GnR members.

"Children" by Robert Miles is heard in several fighting games, Tekken 5, and Garou Mark of the Wolves.

I love this one, however I wasn't aware it was also in Tekken 5! We talked about this on AIM before, and you eventually linked me up to some poor video of a deer getting hit with this song playing :lol: .

I've noticed some other song similarties in video games before too, I'll have to try to figure them out.
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2006, 05:04:03 PM »
Only Megaman X5 had those GnR references. That was localization at its best.

Keranu

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2006, 05:09:02 PM »
Dude, I just watched that short MJ Sonic 3 documentary, that was AWESOME! I personally always enjoyed Sonic 3's music because it had a early 90's pop sound, and I could catch the similarities with MJ in Sonic 3's music ever since I was a kid because of all those traditional MJ-like Heys! and Oows! Great stuff, thanks a lot for the link.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2006, 06:30:28 AM »
Final Fantasy V (Super Famicom) video straight out of Japan.

Sooooooo broken!

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2006, 06:42:34 PM »
All you Ninja Gaiden fans are gonna flip at this. The entire Ninja Ryukenden anime series on Youtube!

Just click this link and all the other episodes are there for viewing.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2006, 09:31:18 PM »
Its really just one eps chopped up on there. I have the entire thing,and it was not very good.The fight scene at the end with the monster mutant was boring and drawn out,and seeing Irene getting abused and getting her arms near broken by that crappy monster was nothing special. The best part was when Ryu and the monster took the huge fall.

All in all it was so so.

Bonknuts

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2006, 08:30:21 AM »
The entire Ninja Ryukenden anime series on Youtube!

I didn't even know they had a Ninja Gaiden anime.

Recently uploaded Jack of Bullets - part 1.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2006, 03:04:05 PM »
Quote from: "Michael Helgeson"
The fight scene at the end with the monster mutant was boring and drawn out

I actually agree, I was expecting a huge fight like first the mutant, then after he dies, he comes back in the form of a demon at least 20 stories high, very typical of a Ninja Gaiden final boss.

The whole anime however reminded me of Ninja Gaiden 3 really. If anyone's beaten the entire trilogy on the NES, one may recognize the setting of the first two is demonic fantasy, ancient castles, bats etc, and then in Ninja Gaiden 3 it starts off with the demonic setting, but then starting at the halfway point of the game, the setting gradually turns to sci-fi.

Because of that transition from human to mutant, Ned Friedman kinda reminded me of NG3's H.P. Clancy.

Bonknuts

« Reply #74 on: May 05, 2006, 02:06:31 PM »
MTV cribs - Star Trek

related others