Author Topic: What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?  (Read 103579 times)

Michael Helgeson

Re: What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?
« Reply #1020 on: August 16, 2007, 06:53:24 PM »
Fall of the Arcades
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/95754.html

The people who made that video should be f*cking shot,over and over again. These are the same types whining at how hard Super Star Soldier and Vigilante are. That one dumb ass had the nerve to say that everything on the Neo was boring.... Final Fight sucks,ect ect. Half these people are barely out of their teens,most were not even old enough to play at arcades when stuff like Final Fight was out. And I really love the last remark about World of Warcraft......

America didn't grow out of arcades you dumb asses,we mistreated them,took them for granted, and they died. Actually,I take that back,more like the kiddies from the mid 90ies. My generation paid its dues to the arcades.
The mid 90ies generation got more concerned with Resident Evil clones,anything strictly 3d racing with hip hop and shit techno,and Warcraft along with all the other mind numbing pay for play RPGs like Everquest,FPS,and dazzling sports titles.

Also,these dumb asses should be better  informed and get their facts straight,it was the home system market that got killed off in the early 80ies until the Nes came back,the arcades still thrived well. Because of the arcades the Nes got its foot in the door from the titles it got. It wasn't just the Genesis that brought arcade quality home. Back when the Nes came out it was doing the same thing with ports from its generation. People kept going to the arcades,even well after the Snes was released. In America arcades started to decline around 98-99.

That video was the stupidest piece of opinionated garbage I have ever seen,from a group of people too young to know squat about what they were talking about. The most exposure these people prob ever got to a arcade was on their Celeron D and f*cking Mame 32.

Turbo D

« Reply #1021 on: August 16, 2007, 07:11:47 PM »
Man, those guys are a bunch of idiots. I can't believe they dissed the neo-geo like that.  [-(

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #1022 on: August 16, 2007, 07:50:32 PM »
Well,people who got beat up or picked on every day in school tend to think anything they can play alone in their bedroom without having to leave home is always going to be awesome,if nothing else then just because of the nightmares they have about social interaction..

Yea,the Neo was full of boring games...coming from people who never even played one. The only example of a game shown was AOF,which drew large crowds and lines for months after its release. These people basically used this short of theirs to express their opinion,that had no facts to really present at all. The only truths they really stated was that ,yea,arcade titles tended to be hard and for quick play,and yea,arcades have died out in the USA.
They neglected to mention that they are all teeny boppers form the Sony generation who never stepped foot in a arcade room larger then the one at the local Pizza Hut. By the time they all got old enough to goto the arcades arcades were gone.

As far as World of Warcraft goes,and what they consider boring,heres a list of the majority of Neo titles released.
I'd rather play 90 percent of these anyday of the week alone or with friends then ever touch a World of Warcraft box.
    * 2020 Super Baseball
    * 3 Count Bout (Fire Suplex)

* Aero Fighters 2 (Sonic Wings 2)
    * Aero Fighters 3 (Sonic Wings 3)
    * Aggressors of Dark Kombat (Tsuukai Gangan Koushinkyoku)
    * Alpha Mission II (ASO II: Last Guardian)
    * Andro Dunos
    * Art of Fighting (Ryuuko no Ken)
    * Art of Fighting 2 (Ryuuko no Ken 2)
    * Art of Fighting 3: The Path of the Warrior (Art of Fighting: Ryuuko no Ken Gaiden)

* Bakatonosama Mahjong Manyuki
    * Bang Bead
    * Baseball Stars 2
    * Baseball Stars Professional
    * Battle Flip Shot
    * Blazing Star
    * Blue's Journey (Raguy)
    * Breakers
    * Breakers Revenge
    * Burning Fight

* Captain Tomaday
    * Chibi Marukochan Deluxe Quiz
    * Crossed Swords
    * Cyber-Lip

* Double Dragon

* Eightman

* Far East of Eden: Kabuki Klash (Tengai Makyou: Shin Den)
    * Fatal Fury: King of Fighters (Garou Densetsu: Shukumei no Tatakai)
    * Fatal Fury 2 (Garou Densetsu 2: Arata-naru Tatakai)
    * Fatal Fury 3: Road to the Final Victory (Garou Densetsu 3: Haruka-naru Tatakai)
    * Fatal Fury Special (Garou Densetsu Special)
    * Fight Fever
    * Football Frenzy

* Galaxy Fight: Universal Warriors
    * Ganryu / Musashi Ganryui
    * Garou: Mark of the Wolves
    * Ghost Pilots
    * Ghostlop (Prototy)
    * Goal! Goal! Goal!
    * Gururin

* The Irritating Maze / Ultra Denryu Iraira u

* Jockey Grand Prix
    * Jyanshin Densetsu - Quest of Jongmaster

* Karnov's Revenge / Fighter's History Dynamite
    * The King of Fighters '94
    * The King of Fighters '95
    * The King of Fighters '96
    * The King of Fighters '97
    * The King of Fighters '98: The Slugfest
    * The King of Fighters '99: Millennium Battle
    * The King of Fighters 2000
    * The King of Fighters 2001
    * The King of Fighters 2002: Challenge to Ultimate Battle
    * The King of Fighters 2003
    * King of the Monsters
    * King of the Monsters 2: The Next Thing
    * Kizuna Encounter: Super Tag Battle (Fu'un Super Tag Battle)

* The Last Blade (Bakumatsu Roman: Gekka no Kenshi)
    * The Last Blade 2 (Bakumatsu Roman: Dai Ni Maku Gekka no Kenshi)
    * Last Hope (video game)
    * Last Resort
    * League Bowling
    * Legend of Success Joe / Ashita no Joe Densetn

* Magical Drop II
    * Magical Drop III
    * Magician Lord
    * MahJong Kyoretsuden: Higashi Nippon Hen
    * Matrimelee (Shin Gouketsuji Ichizoku Toukon)
    * Metal Slug (Metal Slug: Super Vehicle-001)
    * Metal Slug 2 (Metal Slug 2: Super Vehicle-001/II)
    * Metal Slug 3
    * Metal Slug 4
    * Metal Slug 5
    * Metal Slug X (Metal Slug X: Super Vehicle-001)
    * Minnasanno Okagesamadesu
    * Money Puzzle Exchanger (Money Idol Exchanger)
    * Mutation Nation

* NAM-1975
    * Neo Bomberman
    * Neo Drift Out: New Technology
    * Neo Mr. Do!
    * Neo Turf Masters: Big Tournament Golf
    * NeoGeo Cup '98: The Road to the Victory
    * Nightmare in the Dark
    * Ninja Combat
    * Ninja Commando
    * Ninja Master's: Haoh Ninpou-chou

* Over Top

* Panic Bomber
    * Pleasure Goal (Futsal: 5 on 5 Mini Soccer)
    * Pochi & Nyaa
    * Pop 'n Bounce / Gappon
    * Power Spikes II
    * Prehistoric Isle 2 (Genshi Tou)
    * Pulstar
    * Puzzle Bobble (Bust-A-Move)
    * Puzzle Bobble 2 / Bust-A-Move Again
    * Puzzle De Pon!
    * Puzzle De Pon! R!
    * Puzzled (Joy Joy Kid)

* Quiz Daisousa Sen: The Last Count Down
    * Quiz King of Fighters
    * Quiz Meitantei Neo Geo (Quiz Daisousa Sen Part 2)

* Rage of the Dragons
    * Ragnagard (Shin-Oh-Ken)
    * Real Bout Fatal Fury (Real Bout Garou Densetsu)
    * Real Bout Fatal Fury 2: The Newcomers (Real Bout Garou Densetsu 2: The Newcomers)
    * Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (Real Bout Garou Densetsu Special)
    * Riding Hero
    * Robo Army

* Samurai Shodown (Samurai Spirits)
    * Samurai Shodown II (Shin Samurai Spirits: Haohmaru jigokuhen)
    * Samurai Shodown III: Blades of Blood (Samurai Spirits: Zankurou Musouken)
    * Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge (Samurai Spirits: Amakusa Kourin)
    * Samurai Shodown V (Samurai Spirits Zero)
    * Samurai Shodown V Special (Samurai Spirits Zero Special)
    * Savage Reign (Fu'un Mokushiroku: Kakutou Sousei)
    * Sengoku (Sengoku Denshou)
    * Sengoku 2 (Sengoku Denshou 2)
    * Sengoku 3 (Sengoku Legends 2001)
    * Shock Troopers
    * Shock Troopers: 2nd Squad
    * SNK vs. Capcom: SvC Chaos
    * Soccer Brawl
    * Spin Master (Miracle Adventure)
    * Stakes Winner (Stakes Winner: GI Kinzen Seihae no Michi)
    * Stakes Winner 2
    * Street Hoop (Street Slam, Dunk Dream)
    * Strikers 1945 Plus
    * Super Dodge Ball (Kunio no Nekketsu Toukyuu Densetsu)
    * Super Sidekicks (Tokuten Ou)
    * Super Sidekicks 2: The World Championship (Tokuten Ou 2: Real Fight Football)
    * Super Sidekicks 3: The Next Glory (Tokuten Ou 3: Eikoue No Michi)
    * The Super Spy
    * Syougi No Tatsujin - Master of Syougi

* Tecmo World Soccer '96
    * Thrash Rally
    * Top Hunter: Roddy & Cathy
    * Top Player's Golf
    * Twinkle Star Sprites

* The Ultimate 11: SNK Football Championship (Tokuten Ou: Honoo no Libero/ Super Sidekicks 4)

* V-Liner
    * Viewpoint
    * Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer (Choujin Gakuen Gowcaizer)

* Waku Waku 7
    * Windjammers / Flying Power Disc
    * World Heroes
    * World Heroes 2
    * World Heroes 2 Jet
    * World Heroes Perfect

* Zed Blade
    * ZinTricK (Oshidashi Zentrix)|
    * Zupapa!

Turbo D

« Reply #1023 on: August 16, 2007, 08:15:38 PM »
As far as World of Warcraft goes,and what they consider boring,heres a list of the majority of Neo titles released.
I'd rather play 90 percent of these anyday of the week alone or with friends then ever touch a World of Warcraft box.

I feel the same way

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1024 on: August 16, 2007, 09:00:35 PM »
Fall of the Arcades

The people who made that video should be f*cking shot,over and over again. These are the same types whining at how hard Super Star Soldier and Vigilante are. That one dumb ass had the nerve to say that everything on the Neo was boring.... Final Fight sucks,ect ect. Half these people are barely out of their teens,most were not even old enough to play at arcades when stuff like Final Fight was out. And I really love the last remark about World of Warcraft......

America didn't grow out of arcades you dumb asses,we mistreated them,took them for granted, and they died. Actually,I take that back,more like the kiddies from the mid 90ies. My generation paid its dues to the arcades.
The mid 90ies generation got more concerned with Resident Evil clones,anything strictly 3d racing with hip hop and shit techno,and Warcraft along with all the other mind numbing pay for play RPGs like Everquest,FPS,and dazzling sports titles.

Also,these dumb asses should be better  informed and get their facts straight,it was the home system market that got killed off in the early 80ies until the Nes came back,the arcades still thrived well. Because of the arcades the Nes got its foot in the door from the titles it got. It wasn't just the Genesis that brought arcade quality home. Back when the Nes came out it was doing the same thing with ports from its generation. People kept going to the arcades,even well after the Snes was released. In America arcades started to decline around 98-99.

That video was the stupidest piece of opinionated garbage I have ever seen,from a group of people too young to know squat about what they were talking about. The most exposure these people prob ever got to a arcade was on their Celeron D and f*cking Mame 32.

Micheal, I wish that no one would complain about big sigs, because everything you have said needs to be quoted and displayed. You have said all that needs to be said, right on.  8)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1025 on: August 16, 2007, 10:02:59 PM »
Quote from: <TRON>

Fall of the Arcades

Ummm, who are these people and where do they get off thinking that anyone cares what they have to say?

Did I hear one dude say a Neo Geo game cost $54?  Wow.  These guys did their homework. 

But the entire video loses all credibility since it has a guy who looks like this:

What the hell is up with this guy?
Who wants themselves to look like that?

Quote from: Michael Helgeson

Hell, I'd rather play ANY Neo Geo game, or any Genesis game, or any SNES game than any Warcraft game.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 07:37:56 PM by Joe Redifer »

TR0N

« Reply #1026 on: August 16, 2007, 10:50:00 PM »
Fall of the Arcades

That's why i linked it they are way off on a alot of facts.

It was alot things that killed the arcade and you have mention most of them.

I still i find it odd they blame the nes.Sure it was the sign of the times but, it didn't stop me for going to the arcades at all that point.

Oh and i was put off by there comments over the,Neo-Geo as well.I imagine there saying that crap becuase none of them owned one then.

I guess.. they didn't get the memo on how the console has such a "cult following these days.

Other then arcades being dead of the old yes... but current ones have become about (food&drink plus entertainment).

Such is the case with dave&busters and gameworks.

Kind of said, when you get people like that talking about the "arcade scene" without doing some kind of the "proper research at least in that video.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1027 on: August 16, 2007, 11:01:56 PM »
Hell, I never visited the arcades more often than I did during the 8-bit and 16-bit days.  That was a great era!

esteban

« Reply #1028 on: August 17, 2007, 01:43:27 AM »
Yay! I can't wait to watch this "Fall of the Arcades" video that everyone is fuming about :).
  |    | 

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #1029 on: August 17, 2007, 02:12:25 AM »
Your missing nothing Steve,just a bunch of fabricated lies from this supporting cast of characters:

Keranu

« Reply #1030 on: August 17, 2007, 09:01:41 AM »
Haha, oh god I have to watch this now. I'm already pissed off at those people just by seeing what they look like! Great captions, Mike!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #1031 on: August 17, 2007, 11:10:54 AM »
You know whats really bad,there are still large arcades out there,even though they are not like the arcades of olden days,as most of the games are theme games now,and everything is sim or shooter ,or DDR,they still exist and profit in the USA. Mainly it was the smaller privately owned arcades that were killed off mostly. Those are the ones I enjoyed the most.

esteban

« Reply #1032 on: August 17, 2007, 12:58:40 PM »
Ouch, all of those folks were goofy and certainly shouldn't be telling anyone about "arcades".

In addition to the stuff already mentioned in this thread, I learned:

1. Direct quote: "I mean, how do you play a sports game in an arcade - it's like impossible?"
-- WTF ??!! I am not the biggest fan of sports games, yet even I played tons of sports games in the arcade.

2. Paraphrase: "Arcades had to die, to give birth to a greater variety of (and depth to) video games."
-- My problem with this statement is that this line of reasoning ignores / downplays the role of computer games! The video presents a linear path from arcade -> home console. Bullcrap! A great variety of games, a significant portion of which were becoming increasingly more complex and in-depth, had already been available (and evolving) on home computers. 

I'd argue that three platforms for video games were evolving simultaneously (and mutually influencing each other):

arcade ---------->
computer ------->
early consoles -->

Interactive-fiction, role-playing games, puzzles, simulations, strategy, action -- everything was thriving on computers (UK and U.S. anyway... I'm not familiar with other 80's scenes). In fact, I would argue that the variety of computer titles in the 80's (heck, even just the C-64 library) is impressive even today, and certainly stomped on the rather limited selection available in arcade / consoles during 80's - early 90's.

Plus, arcades did not have to die. Yes, they died in North America. In Japan, "arcades" (game centers) have not suffered the same fate as here in the States. Or have they?

I don't know, I certainly don't have all the answers, but I do know that this video was goofy. :)

|    | 

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1033 on: August 17, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »
Ha ha, great captions, Mike!  Right on the money.

MrFulci

« Reply #1034 on: August 17, 2007, 03:50:34 PM »
That arcade video was interesting at first, then some of these folks opened their mouth.....

My thoughts:

I didn't really start messing with arcade machines on the regular 'til 88 or so. So take my comments based upon that.

I enjoyed arcades, they always seemed one step ahead of any home console. Home console was good, though that same game in the arcade was generally better. There are some exceptions. Once I acquired an NES I didn't play Super Mario Bros. in the Arcade anymore.

Some console versions of Arcade games I enjoyed. Such as Smash TV for the Super NES. That game is quite a quarter muncher. The SNES version was very nice, comparable to the Arcade, and the addition of a game genie gave me unlimited quarters/credits...

That one comment in the vid about Final Fight being, "boring". ummmmm, wow. Sometimes I would dump whatever change I had in my pocket (1-3 quarters, generally) into that game just to see how far I could go. It's a game I don't tire of.

That group in the video also found the Neo Geo "boring". I don't consider the Neo Geo to be boring, though it does have a glut of fighters. Neo Geo I often thought of as the Bentley of home game systems. Fighters can be a type of game that gives one much replay as it takes quite a bit of time to learn all the quirks.

Sports games they claim were underrepresented in arcades. I played a few in the arcade. I had a friend who very much enjoyed a baseball game, that featured a handgrip with which you "threw" the ball (or batted, I can't recall too well). Decent game, he had much fun with it.

They are correct that many arcade games lacked much depth. However, that didn't "kill" the arcade. Not everyone is looking for a game to eat up heaps of their time.

The way I saw it, there were generally 3 different groups of video game players. Console, Arcade, and Computer. There is some overlap there, also. Each one has it's pros, cons, and surplus of certain game types. I phased in and out of certain types. I was into Aracde and Console. Then, When Wolfenstein 3D, and later DOOM, took off I got MUCH more into computer gaming. It was pretty awesome to play Doom against opponents. I can't recall playing anything like that in an arcade or on a console! Laser Tag was all that came close.

Anyway, some of these folks in the vid, the way they talk about arcades, they sure don't seem to enjoy them very much. Makes me wonder why the video was made.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".