Author Topic: What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?  (Read 103656 times)

Michael Helgeson

Re: What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?
« Reply #1050 on: August 20, 2007, 12:44:26 PM »
More on Death of the Arcades:
http://onnetworks.com/videos/play-value/the-death-of-arcades
read comments below the video,has a list of who the commentators on the video are,none of which really work in the game industry. My captions were close in fact on a couple of them in those pics,esp the "just here for the check" woman.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=15826&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
More awesome bashing of the video.

TR0N

« Reply #1051 on: August 20, 2007, 03:38:56 PM »
More on Death of the Arcades:
http://onnetworks.com/videos/play-value/the-death-of-arcades
read comments below the video,has a list of who the commentators on the video are,none of which really work in the game industry. My captions were close in fact on a couple of them in those pics,esp the "just here for the check" woman.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=15826&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
More awesome bashing of the video.

Man that video has cuased a "riot" at every message board i've been too.

Like i said those people should have done there,research befor making those comments for the video.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Turbo D

« Reply #1052 on: August 20, 2007, 03:46:45 PM »
I bet they feel stupid, haha.

TR0N

« Reply #1053 on: August 21, 2007, 04:13:18 PM »
SNES-Ys IV-Mask of the Sun
  :lol:  This guy is way to relax to review this game  :P

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1054 on: August 21, 2007, 04:57:54 PM »

Keranu

« Reply #1055 on: August 21, 2007, 05:32:10 PM »
Haaahaha, I finally watched that Death of Arcades video and I was laughing so hard when that Seth Green wannabe said "WHY DO I WANT TO SPEND, IN THIS CASE, $54 DOLLARS FOR A GAME THAT GIVES ME THREE MINUTE BURSTS OF FUN!?". Too, too funny! :lol:
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Turbo D

« Reply #1056 on: August 21, 2007, 05:35:19 PM »
He makes it sound like a prostitute, lmao

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1057 on: August 21, 2007, 06:52:10 PM »

I stopped watching it after I heard him pronounce it as "Whys four".

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #1058 on: August 21, 2007, 07:21:02 PM »
The thing is we all know thats prob what he has to resort to,the $54 dollar for 3 min prostitute deal that is.

I don't even know where he came up with that number anyway. If he was referring to NEO AES he was way way off. If Neo Cd then maybe,but doubtful. These people don't seem like the type to know what a Neo cd is. The only reason they maybe slightly knew what the Neo was, was because of the lines the director gave them to read. The only actual titles mentioned in any form were obvious ones like Strider and Final Fight and Altered Beast. Basically the stuff these people got to play on PS2 complication disc or on their Celeron equipped eTower running Mame32.

I mean,the ingame footage they showed was even from emus,not actual hardware. They must have did maybe 5 mins of research,subjected these non- gamer Sony age people to 20 mins of old school classics,games far far too hard for them,because arcade games require skill to survive and to save quarters,and twitch reflexes,which the Sony generation does not have. The end result was that these obvious non- gamers would then say negative things about arcade gaming on film because they obviously suck at it,thus helping to push said directors grossly flawed opinions.

Of course they omit any type of acknowledgement of the fact they are obvious non-gamers or that they were born far late into the 80ies to have played any of the games they are talking about. Only one person,the older dark haired women would have possibly been old enough to have played Final Fight back in 89,and even then,we know shes not the gamer type,so she doesn't even count.

These people were only picked because the director felt they represent todays fashion looks anyway. You can just tell. I mean,none of them work directly in the game industry in any way that even remotely counts,and being a guitar hero master or whatever doesn't f*cking count. That doesn't make her even in the least bit legitimate,and def does not symbolize hardcore gaming,nor does her weak ass emo tats and do the math 2 wolves kissing t-shirt she nabbed from the mall. Thats not even in the same caliber/league as being the weakest Pokemon gamer in the world at a SNK/Capcom type game tournament getting their ass kicked. All she has proven is she is a monkey that can do finger memorization tricks and is amazed by bad cover versions of music,flashing colors, and ugly 3d graphics.
Oh,and she has the amazing ability to abuse the word "like" and repeat other peoples opinions and attempt to pass them off as her own or pass them off as facts....the equivalent would be kinda like a Teddy Ruxpin doll with a Michael Moore cassette tape trown in.  Her massive abuse of the word like and her last comments prove she doesn't have a constant thought process that last long enough to form educated opinions,let alone false/flawed ones for that matter.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 02:56:05 AM by Michael Helgeson »

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1059 on: August 21, 2007, 07:38:15 PM »
She was kinda hot though, in a nerdy sorta way.  =P~

/ i keed, i keed....

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1060 on: August 21, 2007, 09:50:17 PM »
Unfortunately for her, that video is the hottest she has/can/will ever look.  If you check out her MySpace page (linked to on one of the other forums bashing her) you'll quickly think otherwise.

Also, it said that one dude was a "game developer".  What does that mean?  Probably that he tinkers around in DOS.

Michael Helgeson

« Reply #1061 on: August 22, 2007, 12:54:10 AM »
Not even Dos,he prob just develops different versions of checkers and mine sweeper on paper.

esteban

« Reply #1062 on: August 22, 2007, 02:40:09 AM »
I'm too lazy to read the director's attempt to defend himself (I read a little bit), but I'm surprised that Mr. Helgeson hasn't copy-n-pasted his stuff here :) .

Of course, I should just read the comments at the place Michael linked to, but they are in reverse chronological order -- I hate that!
  |    | 

Keranu

« Reply #1063 on: August 22, 2007, 09:47:54 AM »

I stopped watching it after I heard him pronounce it as "Whys four".

Me too pretty much, but I got a big kick out of that and loved it. :D

Quote from: Michael Helgeson
The thing is we all know thats prob what he has to resort to,the $54 dollar for 3 min prostitute deal that is.

I don't even know where he came up with that number anyway. If he was referring to NEO AES he was way way off. If Neo Cd then maybe,but doubtful. These people don't seem like the type to know what a Neo cd is. The only reason they maybe slightly knew what the Neo was, was because of the lines the director gave them to read.

Not only is $54 way off from what the games did actually cost, but I like how he specifically labeled the price with a 4 instead of just rounding to $55 or the more normal game price, $50. Anyway, if Neo Geo games were actually "$54 dollars" as he said, then I think we would've had a completely different outcome for the 16-bit era :D .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1064 on: August 22, 2007, 10:10:12 AM »
I think he forgot the 0 on $540. That's the only problem with the Neo·Geo, so damn expensive. >_<

However, I am of the opinion that it would be worth selling a kidney for. ^_^