Author Topic: What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?  (Read 103507 times)

Turbo D

Re: What are YOU watching on YouTube.com?
« Reply #1305 on: October 05, 2007, 05:45:54 PM »
rofl, that is the the funniest halo 3 video yet  :lol:

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1306 on: October 05, 2007, 07:46:57 PM »
The Halo 3 Hoedown

That's great!  Although it would work much better without all of the crap at the front and the tag at the end.  Just let the video be without the nonsense.

bust3dstr8

« Reply #1307 on: October 06, 2007, 08:22:05 AM »
I watched these each like 15 times, great classic covers.
The downstair tenants didn't seem to appreciate them as much as me :-({|=

Duo Stuff:

NES Stuff:

PC Stuff:
Clowns Suck

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1308 on: October 06, 2007, 08:31:03 AM »
Holy shit! Some here actually linked vertexguy! He's my FAVORITE GUITARIST! That Lords Of Thunder cover rules!  :dance:

Turbo D

« Reply #1309 on: October 06, 2007, 08:32:07 AM »
That dudes definitely bad ass. I have his tunes in my ipod  8)

bust3dstr8

« Reply #1310 on: October 06, 2007, 08:37:22 AM »
I have his music for all my ringtones....can't get enough.

More Stuff
http://www.vertexguy.com/music/music01.htm

The other Double Dragon mp3 is kickass.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 08:55:09 AM by bust3dstr8 »
Clowns Suck

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1311 on: October 06, 2007, 09:46:01 AM »
The other Double Dragon mp3 is kickass.

They both are, but I like M1 Jam best.

Here's a song by a group that I will be impressed if other people here actually listen to:

Turbo D

« Reply #1312 on: October 06, 2007, 10:41:21 AM »
I haven't heard them before today but they are definitely bad ass  8)

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1313 on: October 06, 2007, 12:06:41 PM »

Why is there other music playing behind him?  I am also hearing guitar notes (mostly rhythm) that he is clearly not playing.  It would be far more impressive if the Youtube videos had the guitar and only the guitar he was currently playing.

Anyway, I swear I have heard that exact arrangement looooong ago somewhere.  Not new.  Probably at least 8 years old.

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #1314 on: October 06, 2007, 12:45:24 PM »
Here's a guy playing Soldier Blade intro on guitar. However, he's using the MIDI dl'ed from VGMusic.com.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1315 on: October 07, 2007, 02:48:10 PM »
Anyway, I swear I have heard that exact arrangement looooong ago somewhere.  Not new.  Probably at least 8 years old.

You might be thinking about Virt's Contravirt, which was an AWESOME .IT, but I don't have the IT anymore and Virt took it down. But here's an MP3 of it:
http://virt.vgmix.com/music/arrange/v-contra.mp3

This is why virt is doing the music for Contra IV DS. BECAUSE HE ROCKS AT IT.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1316 on: October 07, 2007, 03:14:41 PM »
Is he really?  Maybe he can use the money to finally get VGMIX back "on the air".

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1317 on: October 07, 2007, 03:18:32 PM »
Is he really?  Maybe he can use the money to finally get VGMIX back "on the air".

I hope so. I used to think OCRemix ruled, but now all they care about is the gear, they don't give 2 shits about the music.  I hate OCR now, I want VGMix back!!!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #1318 on: October 07, 2007, 03:26:35 PM »
I haven't been to OCR for a long time.  I used to be a mod and a judge there (as well as a remixer, obviously).  Maybe I banned you?  I hope so.  :)  Anyway please explain the "gear" fetish a little more if you can, I'm curious as to what that is all about.  I know they rejected my Ecco tunage because they felt it was "too short" at 3.5 minutes long.

I did submit a few things to VGMIX as well, but that site quickly went away.  Virt went apeshit on OCR one day and a bunch of people left.  Fun times.

Kitsunexus

« Reply #1319 on: October 07, 2007, 03:34:13 PM »
I haven't been to OCR for a long time.  I used to be a mod and a judge there (as well as a remixer, obviously).  Maybe I banned you?  I hope so.  :)  Anyway please explain the "gear" fetish a little more if you can, I'm curious as to what that is all about.  I know they rejected my Ecco tunage because they felt it was "too short" at 3.5 minutes long.

I did submit a few things to VGMIX as well, but that site quickly went away.  Virt went apeshit on OCR one day and a bunch of people left.  Fun times.

Actually OCR was one of the places I never got banned at, mostly because I never stepped out of the Remixing 101 forums, and never posted much at all really.

Anyway, the gear fetish is mainly that they don't accept remixes unless it sounds like the newest, hottest shit on the market. This makes the remixes a lot of trance and a lot of orchestral. I have not experienced this previously, as I have never actually submitted anything to them. Also if you get on DJ Pretzel's good side, you can bypass the judge's panel, which is just wrong. OCR is the Catholic Church of the game remixing world. (I'm sorry if that offended anyone, but it has to be said).

The newer remixes have great aural quality, but are not very catchy or memorable. That's WAAAY different when OCR was pretty much brand new (and just got featured in EGM), when 90% of the mixes were catchy, and there was just a fun vibe there. Now it just seems pretentious.