Author Topic: PYRAMID PLUNDER IS ON SALE NOW. BUY BUY BUY. GO GO GO.  (Read 3337 times)

Bardoly

Re: Pyramid Plunder...
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2013, 02:45:27 PM »
Congratulations on the release!

Now I just need to raid my piggy bank and order this.  I don't see it mentioned in your description like Insanity, but I assume that this release is factory-pressed, and not just burned CDRs?

Bardoly

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2013, 02:50:10 PM »
I support Turbo homebrew!

I just ordered my copy.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2013, 02:55:42 PM »
Arky, you bastard!  :D  Ordered!  BTW, I noticed that I can only order 1 copy.  I thought about buying 2, maybe there's a way to change the quantity in Pay Pal??

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2013, 03:01:12 PM »
Of course it's pressed!   Only the best for OBEYing

EDIT:

Hmmm, let me see if I can do the quantity thing in Paypal.

EDIT 2: Hmmmmm.   I don't a way to do it.  I can only add more shipping options.  No quantity screwing arounding.

well, that's kinda dumb.

I'll keep looking into it.   I just need to find out where it saved shipping options so I can get it off of Priority Mode, since priority has gone up significantly (25$ international!)

EDIT 3:  Man!  All the links that take you to "editing your shipping options" all go to this new page that doesn't even HAVE anything related to editing shipping preferences and available options.   

If anyone here has an idea about that, I am all ears!

If not, and you want to order a bunch of copies, just e-mail me.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 04:20:14 PM by Arkhan »
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

TheOldMan

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2013, 04:18:36 PM »
For everyone who really wants to know....

He's not joking. I really did knock a light (a swing arm lamp) into the chassis of a computer.
Interestingly, the mobo itself was un-harmed (and I'm still using it - it's a Pentium I ), probably because it was on plastic stand-offs.

However, the video and HDD died. One of the Ram chips popped (ie, the plastic blew off) on the video card.
More interestingly, some of the address/data lines died on the HD. When I tried to recover stuff from
it via linux, I could read the drive (though the geometry was wrong).
A dd (disc to disc copy) to another drive showed repeating blocks from the drive, which is how I know
some of the address lines died. And when I examined the copy, some of the bits in the data were consistantly
wrong. I used a hex editor to view the dumped copy against a hex edit of a standard windows HD. By comparing
the two, I could see which bits were consistantly wrong. At that point, it was not worth trying to recover.

Yes, the lamp and the computer were on the same power strip. Apparently the power strip was not quick enough, as this accident blew the fuse in the main fusebox. Don't know if a GFI would have helped, but I'll keep it in mind.
And needless to say, the lamps around my work area are now florescents - I hope they won't fry anything if I do it again :)

And thanks for all the offers of help. Fortunately, I have probably a half-dozen or so computers floating around in various states of repair. When something bad happens to one, I can usually salvage what I need from another one.
Since I use XP for building this stuff (Anything higher has problems with HuC), offers of newer computers won't help. Most won't run XP, anyway. At least, not the ones I've tried.

For the record, though, I used to do data recover on a semi-professional basis for a few companies in the area. When drives 'died'  people who worked there and knew me would bring them over, and I and a few friends would have a go at them. Out of about 20 drives, there was only 1 we couldn't recover 90%+ of the data from. The professional place they sent that drive to charged them $2K, only to tell them the head had come loose, and there was nothing they or anyone else could do, because it destroyed the platters while bouncing around inside the drive.

That's when I quit doing it for fun.

vestcoat

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2013, 07:02:55 PM »
HOLY SHIT. Ordered. Nice to see black trays making a comeback.

Ordered!  Cmon peeps, pony up and buy dis shit!
Seriously. I don't want to see anyone signing up for a PP raffle three months from now.

henrycsc

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2013, 10:13:55 PM »
Congrats guys!

I tried to egg everyone on to no success.

Everyone - you're in for a treat!  Superb game! 

Ark, USPS has priority rate poster tubes that you can get for free.  They'll deliver them to your house too if you order them from their website.

small
https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=0&productId=P_O_1098S&categoryId=subcatMSS_PriorityMail

medium
https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=0&productId=P_O_1098M&categoryId=subcatMSS_PriorityMail

I think they both are probably big enough for you to ship a game and a poster in one tube.  They are't flat rate though, so you'd have to get a ship est based on weight for each place you send it.

If you haven't shipped mine yet, I'd like to add a poster as well.  I'll shoot you an email.
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

TheClash603

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2013, 11:09:58 PM »
Got my order in last night.

Was weird, I fell asleep and when I woke up I checked the site for a minute.  I noticed the preorder available and I sent in for one.  I then fell back asleep.

Now that I am waking up for work I had to double check I wasn't dreaming the whole thing.  Sleep shopping could end up being a real problem, I gotta keep my phone away from the bed at night.  Next time I bet I wake up with a new Audi A4 in the driveway I can't afford.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2013, 02:13:29 AM »
Congrats guys!

I tried to egg everyone on to no success.

Everyone - you're in for a treat!  Superb game! 

Ark, USPS has priority rate poster tubes that you can get for free.  They'll deliver them to your house too if you order them from their website.

small
https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=0&productId=P_O_1098S&categoryId=subcatMSS_PriorityMail

medium
https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=0&productId=P_O_1098M&categoryId=subcatMSS_PriorityMail

I think they both are probably big enough for you to ship a game and a poster in one tube.  They are't flat rate though, so you'd have to get a ship est based on weight for each place you send it.

If you haven't shipped mine yet, I'd like to add a poster as well.  I'll shoot you an email.

Yeah, the local post office had no poster tubes so I am going to just order some.  I'd be leery of sticking a game in a poster tube though.

Once I get the poster tubes and find out shipping, I will let everyone know.

touko

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2013, 02:25:04 AM »
LOL, this was a stupid joke arkhan   :^o  ..

But congrats for the release, and all your team  :clap:
 :wink:

spenoza

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2013, 02:27:16 AM »
I think this was brought up before, but.... Any chance of seeing a Hu build of this? I seem to recall that it was designed with CD in mind, but I don't remember if a Hu release was ruled out altogether or was just unlikely.
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2013, 02:33:20 AM »
Heh, you tricky farkler.  Order placed!   :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2013, 02:37:00 AM »
LOL, this was a stupid joke arkhan   :^o  ..

But congrats for the release, and all your team  :clap:
 :wink:

:)  It was fun, I think.

I thought about saying the game was cancelled completely and we were just going to release the last known beta we had of the game.   but, I didn't feel like being responsible for heart attack related injuries.

I think this was brought up before, but.... Any chance of seeing a Hu build of this? I seem to recall that it was designed with CD in mind, but I don't remember if a Hu release was ruled out altogether or was just unlikely.

Probably not.   The game would have to be reprogrammed to not load data from CD, and instead use a mapper

KingDrool

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2013, 04:38:29 AM »
Ordered!

Ark, you're the f*cking man! Congrats on the release!
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

sunteam_paul

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2013, 04:50:37 AM »
Ooh, the banner came out OK. Looks really nice!
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!