Author Topic: Ys series what ones do you like.  (Read 843 times)

TR0N

Re: Ys series what ones do you like.
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2013, 07:10:03 PM »
Ys 7 havent played it i hered its been released on pc so hope there is a translation at some point.

Ys 7 havent played it i hered its been released on pc so hope there is a translation at some point.
Ys 7 is a psp exclusive no pc release for the u.s any ways.Still out of the original series my most favorites are Ys 1&2 and IV.As for III it's the one i like the least of them all.I just all ways thought Ys III could have been more.You really should try,Ys III remake the oath in felghana it's a more complete game.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:19:04 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

fraggore

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2013, 08:00:23 PM »

Ys 7 is a psp exclusive no pc release for the u.s any ways.Still out of the original series my most favorites are Ys 1&2 and IV.As for III it's the one i like the least of them all.I just all ways thought Ys III could have been more.You really should try,Ys III remake the oath in felghana it's a more complete game.

There is a Chinese release on pc i found few sites to buy it, and people have used the psp game to translate it from what i am reading.

I got oath in felghana installed on my pc ready play when i got time does looks good.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:03:28 PM by fraggore »
I always wanted a thing called tuna sashemie

"All your base are belong to us"

TR0N

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2013, 08:29:31 PM »

There is a Chinese release on pc i found few sites to buy it, and people have used the psp game to translate it from what i am reading.

I got oath in felghana installed on my pc ready play when i got time does looks good.
Yeah i was reading that Ys 7 had a pc release in china.I had no idea,that the psp version translation was being used as a patch.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

whisper2053

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2013, 09:20:01 PM »
Well, to be honest, the only Ys game that I've played to date was III way way back on the snes when I was a kid. I am currently sitting on III and IV for my duo though, and waiting on I & II to get here. Once that happens, I will start my planned pce Ys marathon and work my way through the saga...perhaps then I will have a better opinion on the games. Wish me luck, I've a feeling it is going to be fun :)

RyuHayabusa

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2013, 11:46:25 PM »
Ys I&II for the Turbo is still my favorite, partly due to nostalgia, partly due to the soundtrack which I say is the best Ys music ever. Oath in Felghana is a close second. As much as I love Ys III, Oath improves on it so much and that's saying a lot for me to like a remake better than the original. Gamplay, graphics, story, everything is great. Ys IV is my third fav. Another great soundtrack, improved graphics, but the story isn't quite as good.

fraggore

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 01:11:19 AM »
Well, to be honest, the only Ys game that I've played to date was III way way back on the snes when I was a kid. I am currently sitting on III and IV for my duo though, and waiting on I & II to get here. Once that happens, I will start my planned pce Ys marathon and work my way through the saga...perhaps then I will have a better opinion on the games. Wish me luck, I've a feeling it is going to be fun :)

good luck will be interesting to here you thoughts after completing all 4 may take awhile tho.

termis

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2013, 01:40:54 AM »
Ahhhh, I'm not a grammar Nazi, but seriously... Punctuation marks.  Use them.

Anyway, only played I-IV on Turbo/PCE, and couple others (I on SMS, III on Genesis).  Part I/II to this day stands out as the one being most memorable.  III was an okay game it its own right, but it's definitely the black sheep of the series.  Part IV has some really high production values, but it really wasn't as groundbreaking as the original Turbo I/II.

Recent stuff looks pretty good, but just not enough time/interest to get into the new stuff these days...

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2013, 02:22:28 AM »
I've only played I-IV and I dont have any nostalgia since I played the first one only about 2 or 3 years ago. I think IV was the best and one of the top 5 best pce games ever. I also really enjoyed III a bunch, especially the music. I+II were really rad but I got bored with the repetitious style of the caves and the extremely long fortress at the end was just dragging for me.
I dont know what to play next though since I'd like to continue with the series.
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

fraggore

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 04:48:19 AM »
I've only played I-IV and I dont have any nostalgia since I played the first one only about 2 or 3 years ago. I think IV was the best and one of the top 5 best pce games ever. I also really enjoyed III a bunch, especially the music. I+II were really rad but I got bored with the repetitious style of the caves and the extremely long fortress at the end was just dragging for me.
I dont know what to play next though since I'd like to continue with the series.

Go for origin if you can really good fun.

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2013, 09:39:08 AM »
So far I have only played through Y'S Book 1&2, tried playing 3 wasn't too into it and I'm just about to start playing 4 with the English text patch .. At this point I am going to have to go with Y'S Book 1&2 as my favorite of the series .. I haven't had a chance to start venturing into the other Y's Books for all the other consoles .. In due time I guess but first I gotta play through 4 first ..
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

roflmao

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2013, 01:49:56 PM »
I love Ys Book I.  Often times I'll peter out before finishing Ys Book II, but it's still really awesome and worth finishing at least once, if only for the music. 

Ys Book III is growing on me.  Bitd I considered it sub-par and a disappointing sequel (I bought them both shortly after their release).  However, having replayed them all in recent history (some more than once), I find Ys III just as enjoyable to play as Ys I & II. 

I have a burned copy of the English translated version of Ys IV waiting to be played, but for some reason I want to pick up the actual game before I really dig into it.  If only for the awesome artwork. :)

fraggore

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2013, 12:09:16 PM »
maybe form what most of you are saying, i should go back and give 3 another go.

Bardoly

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2013, 04:31:24 PM »
maybe form what most of you are saying, i should go back and give 3 another go.

I really enjoyed Ys III for the TurboGrafx-16 a lot.  It's the only Ys game which I've beaten so far, although I plan to play through Ys Books I & II sometime in the not too distant future, and then I plan to play Ys IV sometime afterwards.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 08:03:54 AM »

Play Ys VI on PS2.   It's glorious.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

whisper2053

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2013, 07:16:30 PM »
Well, I just finished (I think) Book I on pce. I am in the tower now so I am guessing that is the start of Book II? Anyway, the game thus far has been a complete and utter delight. I admit that I had my reservations about the so-called 'bump' thing being potentially not fun/silly, but once I got into the swing of things the game just kind of...I dunno, flows, for want of a better word. Needless to say, I have been having a blast with it!

Also, shout-out to kidpanda from ng.com for helping me score the silver sword before I moved on to Book II lol. I never would have found the damned thing otherwise (not using walkthroughs or anything). Thanks man!