Author Topic: Ys series what ones do you like.  (Read 844 times)

esteban

Re: Ys series what ones do you like.
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2013, 11:31:04 PM »
Well, I just finished (I think) Book I on pce. I am in the tower now so I am guessing that is the start of Book II? Anyway, the game thus far has been a complete and utter delight. I admit that I had my reservations about the so-called 'bump' thing being potentially not fun/silly, but once I got into the swing of things the game just kind of...I dunno, flows, for want of a better word. Needless to say, I have been having a blast with it!

Also, shout-out to kidpanda from ng.com for helping me score the silver sword before I moved on to Book II lol. I never would have found the damned thing otherwise (not using walkthroughs or anything). Thanks man!

Beat the tower, then you move on to Ys II! There is a nice cinema to reward you after you beat the big bad boss at the top o' the tower.

DUDE, you have no idea. Awesome moments await you. And lots and lots of floor-climbing. Darm Tower is a veritable mountain you must methodically scale and overcome.

|    | 

whisper2053

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2013, 01:47:05 AM »
Sweet! I was really hoping that wasn't 'it' to get in there. I knew the game was supposed to be short, but that just seemed silly. Good to know I have many floors to climb still before I finish Book I :D

Kidpanda

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2013, 08:52:29 AM »
Yea Darm Tower is as long as the first half of the game lol! Glad you like it Whisp. People are very polarized on the series in general. I'm just glad I got to play on the SMS WAAAAYYYY bitd and then moved on to the PCE one several years later due to a friend having the TG-16 and CD addon ;)

RyuHayabusa

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2013, 12:48:56 PM »
I've only played I-IV and I dont have any nostalgia since I played the first one only about 2 or 3 years ago. I think IV was the best and one of the top 5 best pce games ever. I also really enjoyed III a bunch, especially the music. I+II were really rad but I got bored with the repetitious style of the caves and the extremely long fortress at the end was just dragging for me.
I dont know what to play next though since I'd like to continue with the series.

Play Ys VI on PS2.   It's glorious.

No, play Ys VI on the PC with the English patch. Much better graphics, no horrible load times, awesome anime style intro instead of the CG shitty rendered intro, and the original Adol sprite. Konami really screwed the pooch with the PS2 port.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2013, 05:30:25 PM »
I've only played I-IV and I dont have any nostalgia since I played the first one only about 2 or 3 years ago. I think IV was the best and one of the top 5 best pce games ever. I also really enjoyed III a bunch, especially the music. I+II were really rad but I got bored with the repetitious style of the caves and the extremely long fortress at the end was just dragging for me.
I dont know what to play next though since I'd like to continue with the series.

No, play Ys VI on the PC with the English patch. Much better graphics, no horrible load times, awesome anime style intro instead of the CG shitty rendered intro, and the original Adol sprite. Konami really screwed the pooch with the PS2 port.

There were horrible load times?

I don't remember that.  I beat the game in one sitting though.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Keranu

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2013, 05:53:24 PM »
II - I - IV - III
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2013, 07:03:25 PM »
My order is:

1, 2, 3, 4 , 5, 6 , 7 etc because the only way to enjoy Ys is in order.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

sunteam_paul

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2013, 06:02:59 AM »
Well, I just finished (I think) Book I on pce. I am in the tower now so I am guessing that is the start of Book II?

The tower is the last half of Ys I.

EDIT: Whoops, bit late in reply there. Never mind.
The PC Engine Software Bible
Quote from: Tatsujin
I just felt in a hole!

RyuHayabusa

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2013, 01:07:38 PM »

There were horrible load times?

I don't remember that.  I beat the game in one sitting though.

Yeah, you're right. It's the PSP port I'm thinking about. The PC version is still the best though.