Author Topic: pier solar hd  (Read 2317 times)

BigusSchmuck

Re: pier solar hd
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 05:02:39 PM »
My head is spinning from all the drama surrounding this game and I haven't even played it yet. Why not make a Laseractive port while they are at it?  :lol:

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 09:26:46 PM »
i guess i'm going against the grain on this one
Yeah.  Some people either don't pay attention to the details of a group and their shenanigans, or if they do, they just don't care.

I got the HD version for Dreamcast. Also, if you guys hate their business practices, just download the ROM. It's readily available and it also works on the Wii's GenPlus emulator. :D
I bought the game when it was available to people who didn't want to pony up money 3 years in advance to a game that was taking forever and may not have been done.

I don't see the point in buying it again.  The game has been out for <5 years and has more versions than f*cking Street Fighter 2.

I don't appreciate them milking the living piss out of their one over-hyped, honestly mediocre RPG with purposeful supply/demand issues.  It's on the same pompous level as Super Fighter Team.

The people that throw money at them are all enablers, and they honestly needed to step back and examine things before they went and threw a ton of money at their Kickstarter.

That shit is why we can't have nice things for reasonable prices. 
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Duo_R

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 09:32:19 PM »
I honestly considered the kick starter until I saw all the versions they had for sale. And then unrealized "why am I buying this game again, I haven't even played the version I already bought."
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Mathius

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2013, 12:31:59 PM »
I funded their kickstarter only to get a version of the game that fixes a lot of the issues the original release had. I personally don't have a beef with Watermelon but I don't like how they treated their fans after launch. Especially those here.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

HercTNT

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2013, 05:03:50 PM »
My complaint with watermelon is all the attention they paid to making PS look pleasing, but plays like shit. PS HD is gonna be no different. The game looks good, sounds good, always did, plays horrible. wish they would balance it better.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2013, 05:07:26 PM »
My complaint with watermelon is all the attention they paid to making PS look pleasing, but plays like shit. PS HD is gonna be no different. The game looks good, sounds good, always did, plays horrible. wish they would balance it better.

Agreed.  I think the way I described it to someone who was going to try winning it in a raffle at CCAG was

"It looks like Lunar 2, but feels like watching paint dry."

something like that.

They nailed the Lunar-esque presentation and style, but fumbled completely on delivering a game that is interesting.

RPGMaker 2000 projects out there have more depth to the whole thing.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 05:30:25 AM »
Did I miss anything?

You forgot how it's not on the PCE.

If it ain't OBEY, I give no f*cks!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 05:42:00 AM »
Did I miss anything?

You forgot how it's not on the PCE.

If it ain't OBEY, I give no f*cks!

Pier Solar and the Great Give No f*cks!

futureman2000

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2013, 05:49:04 AM »
My main problem with the game was the asinine places that items were hidden. I quit playing when my party fell down a slide only to find that the item needed to get back up was several towns back. I can understand if I wasn't looking, but I had spent tons of time just wandering around the towns trying to figure out which non-descript wall or shadowy area would have a secret chest. It would have helped to have a Nintendo Power walkthrough. I think I was about halfway through the game or something, but I'll never play it again.
That being said, the look of the game is great. Very professional presentation, just some goofy gameplay. I will be buying their next genesis game. I don't know how much fun it will be, but it will probably look cool.
Take off yer flip flops and set up the tripod: it's bag kickin' time!

wildfruit

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2013, 06:16:42 AM »
i bought 8 hu cards, a gba sp headphone adapter and streets of rage instead after this discussion

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2013, 07:04:37 AM »
i bought 8 hu cards, a gba sp headphone adapter and streets of rage instead after this discussion

I hope your serious.

I mean if you want the Pier Solar experience just go find someone's Final Fantasy Stolen Graphics RPG Adventure of Grandness for RPGMaker 2000.    There's highschool kids cranking that shit out all day everyday.

It'll look just as professional since they're stealing art from Squaresoft and Sega.

geise

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2013, 07:25:27 AM »
I actually never thought this game looked good, and I don't understand the following it has. 

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2013, 07:39:21 AM »
I actually never thought this game looked good, and I don't understand the following it has. 

Anything will have a following after what like 15 years of it being in the making?

geise

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2013, 07:46:26 AM »

Anything will have a following after what like 15 years of it being in the making?

Hehe kinda like the Working Designs games.  It all makes sense now.  At least those weren't that long in the making, not to mention way better games.

wildfruit

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2013, 07:58:04 AM »

I hope your serious.

heck yes bought 8 one of them being parasol stars
i guess i have to admit deep down the md copy of pier solar i got and then had to sell for hard times i guess i got it for novelty value rather than playability