Author Topic: pier solar hd  (Read 2315 times)

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
Re: pier solar hd
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2013, 08:01:59 AM »
I got it to try, and then laugh at, basically.  It's a shame the team involved is no longer the humble bunch of gimps making "Tavern RPG" or whatever.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

HercTNT

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2013, 02:23:18 PM »
i preordered Pier Solar almost two years before it was released. I truly gave it an honest try getting about 15 hours into the game. Then I traded it for a brand new android gaming console. To bad the console broke, I miss it :(  As another user pointed out, PS's level design was borderline garbage. The battle system was also insanely tedius. You got attacked every two steps, you were always overmatched, resources were scarce at best, and level designed amounted to guessing were stuff you need "might" be. I swear the game also adapted for Leveling Up, despite grinding out three more levels for my party, the area i was in, the same monsters started doing more damage. Graphics and audio were spot on, gameplay almost nonexistent.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2013, 04:29:21 AM »
i preordered Pier Solar almost two years before it was released. I truly gave it an honest try getting about 15 hours into the game. Then I traded it for a brand new android gaming console. To bad the console broke, I miss it :(  As another user pointed out, PS's level design was borderline garbage. The battle system was also insanely tedius. You got attacked every two steps, you were always overmatched, resources were scarce at best, and level designed amounted to guessing were stuff you need "might" be. I swear the game also adapted for Leveling Up, despite grinding out three more levels for my party, the area i was in, the same monsters started doing more damage. Graphics and audio were spot on, gameplay almost nonexistent.

Basically.     The game just feels like a middle school RPG Maker project.

Trust me.  I made them when I was 11-13 years old.   They sucked.   

but, they were almost as good as Pier Solar, and we made them in <1month usually, lol.

WingZeroKai

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2013, 11:34:57 AM »

I hope your serious.

I mean if you want the Pier Solar experience just go find someone's Final Fantasy Stolen Graphics RPG Adventure of Grandness for RPGMaker 2000.    There's highschool kids cranking that shit out all day everyday.

It'll look just as professional since they're stealing art from Squaresoft and Sega.

This made me laugh so much harder than it should have.

nodtveidt

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2013, 12:24:53 PM »
So... do the "enhanced" versions of PS actually bring anything new to the table? I've had plenty of demand for newer versions of Mysterious Song, but I'm actually expanding the game itself, since the original is so short. Does "PS DC", for example, make the game any better, or is it just prettier?

SuperDeadite

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2013, 12:34:38 PM »
it's in OMG HD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

SmaMan

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2013, 01:30:54 AM »
Huh, never heard this much hate on this game, but this is also the first time I'm hearing a lot about it outside of a Watermelon outlet so... yeah.

I preordered the reprint Genesis cart/CD over 6 months ago. A while back they sent me an email saying that they can't do the reprint yet because there's not a lot of preorders yet and said I could cancel it with full refund at any time. ...I'm starting to consider that now.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2013, 05:26:59 AM »
Huh, never heard this much hate on this game, but this is also the first time I'm hearing a lot about it outside of a Watermelon outlet so... yeah.

I preordered the reprint Genesis cart/CD over 6 months ago. A while back they sent me an email saying that they can't do the reprint yet because there's not a lot of preorders yet and said I could cancel it with full refund at any time. ...I'm starting to consider that now.

lol wait they did ANOTHER reprint cart/CD?

You'd think they'd just make enough in the first place.   One thing they clearly suck at is math.

That, or they do this shit on purpose to create artificial supply/demand price gouging shit.

storino03

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2013, 11:49:17 AM »
They constantly have reprints going, but their ETAs on when they produce them is all over the place. I ordered the PS Strategy Guide, but it won't be available until (at the very least) end of 2012.

HercTNT

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2013, 02:49:59 PM »
They constantly have reprints going, but their ETAs on when they produce them is all over the place. I ordered the PS Strategy Guide, but it won't be available until (at the very least) end of 2012.

No need for the guide, I have the strategy you need to survive. Play for 15 minutes, slam your dick in a steel door. play for another 15 minutes, nail your nuts with a ball peen hammer. You see, the personal abuse makes you forget how painful the game is. Doing it this way, your likely to finish the game before the SG comes out anyways.

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2013, 03:27:18 PM »

but, they were almost as good as Pier Solar, and we made them in <1month usually, lol.
You would be surprised on what my brother put out on RPG Maker. That guy even tried to put in his own 3Dish backgrounds (this was the late 90s early 2000s) and somehow got it all to work. I would say in this rare instance his rpgs were definitely better even with his cheesey voice acting (think Star Ocean).

Black Tiger

« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2013, 04:10:50 AM »

You'd think they'd just make enough in the first place.   One thing they clearly suck at is math.

That, or they do this shit on purpose to create artificial supply/demand price gouging shit.

No one can dispute that they are intentially trying to create demand by manipulating collectors with the various LE editions and the huge REPRINT written across the front of every standard copy. The mystery reprint release dates only help resellers gouge insta collectors.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2013, 04:50:17 AM »

You'd think they'd just make enough in the first place.   One thing they clearly suck at is math.

No one can dispute that they are intentially trying to create demand by manipulating collectors with the various LE editions and the huge REPRINT written across the front of every standard copy. The mystery reprint release dates only help resellers gouge insta collectors.

yep.

The fact they printed a strategy guide is just hilarious.   I mean, what the christ.   Get over yourselves.   

You would be surprised on what my brother put out on RPG Maker. That guy even tried to put in his own 3Dish backgrounds (this was the late 90s early 2000s) and somehow got it all to work. I would say in this rare instance his rpgs were definitely better even with his cheesey voice acting (think Star Ocean).

Yeah dude, there is some good stuff out there.   

I wish i still had it.  A friend and I back in middle school made an RPG with it for extra credit in science.   You ran around a map of our middleschool as Asuka from Neon Genesis, learning about science.

We replaced the school mascot on the gym floor with the NERV logo, and made the principals office look like hell.

We got an A.

SmaMan

« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »
I think the central problem here is that everyone, including Watermelon themselves, are expecting to much. This is a tiny indie company we're talking about. The fact that they had the money and resources to make one cart run on a console over 20 years old is nothing short of extraordinary. And perhaps it is this success that is blowing their egos way out of proportion, along with their image.

I've decided I'm going to give them until the digital release of Pier Solar HD until I cancel my pre-order.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

wildfruit

« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2013, 12:39:30 PM »
parasol stars was a good call in the end