Author Topic: Help list the hard to find PCE SHMUPS  (Read 1899 times)

rag-time4

Re: Help list the hard to find PCE SHMUPS
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2014, 05:05:32 PM »
Good thread!

The US version of Syd Mead's Terraforming seems legitimately hard to find.

Image fight isn't hard to find, but it's hard to beat.

The only thing that could improve this thread is a link to 98pacecar's PCE collection on pcedaisakusen.net

I've been a user of RFGeneration for a while, so my collection is listed there.

Hu Cards
http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=98PaceCar&action=&results=&findimages=&folder=Collection&console=%7C039%7C&type=

CD
http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=98PaceCar&action=&results=&findimages=&folder=Collection&console=%7C041%7C&type=

I've also got the full run of Supergrafx, but that doesn't really need a link to a list.
Here is a link to my profile on PCEDAISAKUSEN... it allows you to check games off as you clear them. It will give us another way to judge you.

I'm at about 20% clear, which is nowhere near where I want to be.

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/33/137/show-user.htm

Here's my collection:

http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/137/show-collection.htm

GohanX

« Reply #76 on: January 08, 2014, 08:59:27 AM »
I would say that all of the PCE shmups are hard to find. I go to Gamestop every week looking for some, and they never have any. They just ask me if I've played the latest Call of Duty since I'm a harcore shooter fan.

98pacecar

« Reply #77 on: January 08, 2014, 02:30:40 PM »
I would say that all of the PCE shmups are hard to find. I go to Gamestop every week looking for some, and they never have any. They just ask me if I've played the latest Call of Duty since I'm a harcore shooter fan.

Interestingly enough, I have a friend that bought a copy of Radiant Silvergun at an Electronics Boutique (now owned by Gamestop) back in the day. He keeps the receipt to prove it. I don't know if they ever had any PCE stuff, but I could see them possibly having had some of the PCE CD since it's region free.

jeffhlewis

« Reply #78 on: January 08, 2014, 03:03:09 PM »

Interestingly enough, I have a friend that bought a copy of Radiant Silvergun at an Electronics Boutique (now owned by Gamestop) back in the day. He keeps the receipt to prove it. I don't know if they ever had any PCE stuff, but I could see them possibly having had some of the PCE CD since it's region free.

Electronics Boutique around us carried a bunch of popular Saturn imports towards the end of its lifecycle in the discount bin (I remember seeing Radiant Silvergun, the Capcom Generations collection, Xmen vs. Street Fighter and the like). In my infinite wisdom I passed them up, haha. Ours had copies of Dracula X for sale for the PCE here and there (IIRC they were $70 or so each, brand new). Not much in the way of PCE though.

esteban

« Reply #79 on: January 08, 2014, 04:45:56 PM »

Electronics Boutique around us carried a bunch of popular Saturn imports towards the end of its lifecycle in the discount bin (I remember seeing Radiant Silvergun, the Capcom Generations collection, Xmen vs. Street Fighter and the like). In my infinite wisdom I passed them up, haha. Ours had copies of Dracula X for sale for the PCE here and there (IIRC they were $70 or so each, brand new). Not much in the way of PCE though.

Wow, that's kool that Dracula X was available in an EB store. I know that the EB's and Software Etc.'s in my area (northeast Jersey) never carried any imports (PCE).

I wonder how they would source PCE imports?

Anyway, I wish I had an opportunity to look at import PCE titles back in the day. It would have been awesome.
  |    | 

Black Tiger

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2014, 04:14:19 AM »
I bought Drac X Saturn and Radiant Silvergun at EB. Their Saturn imports weren't much more than domestic games, while local import stores charged 2 - 3 times the price of domestic games. From everything I've read from that time onward, ES was at most EBs that carried imports and always seemed like a very common game. Which is why, like with too many other games, it's a joke that it one day sky rocketed in collectible value.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum