Author Topic: Help list the hard to find PCE SHMUPS  (Read 1920 times)

esteban

Re: Help list the hard to find PCE SHMUPS
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2013, 03:48:14 PM »
ok one question here. you have all that uber many stuff, but what did you get into PCE'ing so late? I mean, it's like almost impossible to me to have that big of a pile of games and consoles, but in the same time ignored the PCEs existence over almost 3 decades.. or waht was the reason for it?.. just wondering :)

I have barely explored Saturn, PlayStation, PS2, etc. libraries. I will eventually get there, but they are not my priority.

Also, I spent a lot of time pussyfooting around with PCE CD games only (since I could play them on US DUO) until I realized that I needed to respect the PCE HuCARD titles as well. So I bought my first PCE.

All I am saying is: Nescafé.

|    | 

Tatsujin

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2013, 05:06:06 PM »
ROLF!! ^^
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2013, 02:30:43 AM »
Really? Now you are going to start spewing personal attacks after admonishing me about the same?

It's not an insult when it's true.

By arguing the definition of words like a french lawyer, you've removed all doubt that you're a collectard fool.  Good day.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

98pacecar

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2013, 04:23:49 AM »
I played one 2 years ago at MGC and have always been interested in it since. Would have been an awesome machine for shooters. got a pic of your a'can collection together posted anywhere?

I don't right now, but I will take some for you. I've always been impressed that there was one available to play at MGC. It's good to see folks getting the chance to try something so obscure. I usually end up spending some time down in that room each year, just checking out what I don't have.

ok one question here. you have all that uber many stuff, but what did you get into PCE'ing so late? I mean, it's like almost impossible to me to have that big of a pile of games and consoles, but in the same time ignored the PCEs existence over almost 3 decades.. or waht was the reason for it?.. just wondering :)

Honestly, there's no real reason I can point to. I've had a number of TG16 games and have always been impressed with the quality, but I never made the jump to PCE. I'm disappointed in myself now that I have a proper PCE as the difference in the US and Japanese libraries reminds me a lot of the Saturn. The US library has some great titles, but the Japanese library almost has too many great titles. It's been a hole in my collection for too long, so I'm glad to finally be working on filling it.

98pacecar

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2013, 04:29:58 AM »
Really? Now you are going to start spewing personal attacks after admonishing me about the same?

It's not an insult when it's true.

By arguing the definition of words like a french lawyer, you've removed all doubt that you're a collectard fool.  Good day.

I think a German lawyer would be more appropriate here. They are more tenacious in their arguments. The French lawyer would be the one surrendering (perhaps by saying something like "Good day").

Never said I wasn't a collector. That's an (obviously) incorrect assumption on the part of a few in this thread. The truth is I enjoy my collection everyday, whether I'm playing, adding to it, or just doing the general maintenance it requires. If having the ability to do something I enjoy makes me a fool, then so be it. I'd rather be a collectard fool that enjoys life than an insufferable fool that only tries to bring others down because they do things a different way.

Arjak

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2013, 04:06:41 PM »
Jesus Christ, where in the rules of this forum does it say to be a TOTAL a$$hole to EVERY NEW MEMBER!? It's no wonder we have so few regulars when we viciously attack every person who even thinks about joining! ](*,)

All this guy did was say he loved shooters, and that he wanted to start collecting for the PCE. Even if he does have games he doesn't play every day, SO f*ckING WHAT? I have games I don't play too often either.

I'm really starting to get sick of this constant suspicion of all new members around here. It seems like if you're new around here, all you have to do is look at someone funny, and everyone starts acting like a pack of rabid dogs. You guys may be my friends, but you all can really act like turds sometimes.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2013, 01:34:54 AM »
It's been a hole in my collection for too long, so I'm glad to finally be working on filling it.

[insert crude joke about mom here]

You guys may be my friends, but you all can really act like turds sometimes.

Isn't that what friends do? Maybe I've been just a poor friend all the years...

I've been reading this thread but staying out of it since we have enough gasoline 'round here. If current members rake new members over the coals and we loose all new blood, the forum will suffer from stagnation. But on the other hand, new members that do not fit in will just down grade the overall conversations (well, other than Fighting Street...that section always seems to thrive).

I replied with my opinion on Arjak's thread concerning this abuse. Maybe obeyers have a thick skin from being burned for the past 20 years for loving a outcast system and now we got our come-uppance.
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Opethian

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2013, 01:39:16 AM »
at a certain point there are titles that more or less end up as shelf filler

:(
Legion and Armed F I agree

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

rtyper

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2013, 02:51:44 AM »
Posted by: Majors
If current members rake new members over the coals and we loose all new blood, the forum will suffer from stagnation.

There don't seem to be many members that have smaller post counts like myself, but I've been lurking around here for a lot longer.
I got the same feeling like when visiting neo-geo forums.  :-"

« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:10:14 AM by rtyper »

ceti alpha

« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2013, 05:55:41 AM »
I enjoyed this thread immensely. Lol :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

rag-time4

« Reply #70 on: January 06, 2014, 09:37:34 AM »
Good thread!

The US version of Syd Mead's Terraforming seems legitimately hard to find.

Image fight isn't hard to find, but it's hard to beat.

The only thing that could improve this thread is a link to 98pacecar's PCE collection on pcedaisakusen.net

still the same object. simply buying a game for the collection is still no hoarding imho. even it isn't a game intended for much play time.

I have severals games I just fired up once for pure checking reasons. stuff like uberboring ancient japanese civil war simulations or a karaoke box "games" etc. that I bought it for only one reason of completing my pce collection. maybe i will take a closer look at those once in the future, but sure not now that i have still plenty of top tier titles to fiddle around with.
This uberboring comment pissed me off! Until you have pulled an all nighter playing Nobunaga's Ambition or Romance of the Three Kingdoms, you haven't really lived!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 09:41:51 AM by rag-time4 »

Black Tiger

« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2014, 12:16:07 PM »
The only reason the Anearth Fantasy Stories demo doesn't come up for sale often in English circles, is because of the low demand. It usually rots on eBay, even at lower than what those who are aware of it consider to be fair market value.

really? I'm still looking for a complete MOOK, but which I am totally ubable to find in my fields of origin. 

A few complete (with book) copies were available in the forum this past year and I've had one on my eBay watch list off and on over the last few years. I never bit because they come up semi-regularly and it was hard to justify the price over other potential PCE purchases.

Since this is exactly the kind of game 98pacecar wanted to look out for, the kind to jump on when you find it at a good price, I snatched one up for $35 on eBay after this thread reminded me to check again. :)

Unfortunately, it seems that 98pacecar wasn't interested in non-collector discussion after all. :|
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Punch

« Reply #72 on: January 06, 2014, 12:50:30 PM »
This uberboring comment pissed me off! Until you have pulled an all nighter playing Nobunaga's Ambition or Romance of the Three Kingdoms, you haven't really lived!

There's nothing like a good old match of L'empereur.

98pacecar

« Reply #73 on: January 06, 2014, 03:48:53 PM »
Unfortunately, it seems that 98pacecar wasn't interested in non-collector discussion after all. :|

I'm still around, just taking some time to read older threads. That and play more of what I've already picked up. Kind of addicted to the first Download right now. I keep trying to get further into it to see how much worse the engrish gets!

98pacecar

« Reply #74 on: January 06, 2014, 04:04:05 PM »
Good thread!

The US version of Syd Mead's Terraforming seems legitimately hard to find.

Image fight isn't hard to find, but it's hard to beat.

The only thing that could improve this thread is a link to 98pacecar's PCE collection on pcedaisakusen.net

I've been a user of RFGeneration for a while, so my collection is listed there.

Hu Cards
http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=98PaceCar&action=&results=&findimages=&folder=Collection&console=%7C039%7C&type=

CD
http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/collection.pl?name=98PaceCar&action=&results=&findimages=&folder=Collection&console=%7C041%7C&type=

I've also got the full run of Supergrafx, but that doesn't really need a link to a list.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 04:06:46 PM by 98pacecar »