Author Topic: RPGs  (Read 1551 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: RPGs
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2014, 05:18:47 AM »
its a suggestion for topic poster, not me, didnt you reccomend japanese games as well? in fact you did so before me

The difference being that Black Tiger is recommending games he's played and presumably enjoyed, not just random titles of which he has no intelligent opinion.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Black Tiger

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2014, 05:29:16 AM »
its a suggestion for topic poster, not me, didnt you reccomend japanese games as well? in fact you did so before me

Yes, games which I played through and can vouch for the quality of and also wrote detailed English walkthroughs for, so I know that the language barrier won't be an issue.

If he was simply looking for a list of RPGs on PC Engine, then all that would be needed is a link to pcecp.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Xak

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 08:28:42 AM »
Well i named good ones too, in fact you backed up one of my suggestions.

Anways a game you can beat with no japanese skills its action RpG called

BLOOD GEAR

incredible game

Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

wildo2ne

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 02:28:45 PM »
Yeah, Galem just about covered it. Most of the NEC console RPG's never left Japan and those that did require a CD player. The 2012 release Mysterious Song is the closest to Dragon Quest. The print run is now sold out, but a few copies remain at the big internet homebrew dealer. Also see Ys 1-2 and the recently-translated Ys IV. Neutopia 1-2 are Zelda clones, but may scratch the itch.

since it is out of print now is there anywhere to get a download of Mysterious Song, I would like to give it a go

GohanX

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 04:07:46 PM »
...did you just seriously ask that?

wildo2ne

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 04:14:21 PM »
...did you just seriously ask that?

ok then where can I buy a copy? hell I will pay the developers for a download copy
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:16:10 PM by wildo2ne »

wildo2ne

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 04:46:35 PM »
thats the thing I hate about limited releases, I don't find out about this game until several years after no copies are left. So what do you expect me to do except ask where I can get a hold of it to enjoy it. That is what games are made for is for people to enjoy them otherwise why make them.

GohanX

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 04:57:01 PM »
You go to the trading section and offer to buy the game. You don't ask to pirate something that other members spent years of they lives working on like a douche.

wildo2ne

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 05:35:07 PM »
You go to the trading section and offer to buy the game. You don't ask to pirate something that other members spent years of they lives working on like a douche.

Don't give me attitude, like I said I am more then willing to pay the developers for a download iso since they won't print any more

wildo2ne

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 05:36:13 PM »
Think of it like this, there is only one statue of David but there are tons of small figurines that people can buy (and this is just one example) so should we not allow that stuff?

wildo2ne

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 05:48:37 PM »

Don't give me attitude, like I said I am more then willing to pay the developers for a download iso since they won't print any more

I apologize for getting nasty but no one gives me attitude unless they wanna throw down or get a gun in their face

Opethian

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2014, 01:11:12 AM »

I apologize for getting nasty but no one gives me attitude unless they wanna throw down or get a gun in their face

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2014, 01:17:27 AM »

f*ck you, keyboard warrior.  As far as I'm concerned, you deserve the boot for threatening others.

It's not our fault you're incapable of using ebay, posting a want to buy thread, reading the thread about reprinting the game, using torrent/google, or contacting Rover directly.

Black Tiger

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2014, 01:26:27 AM »
Every TG-16/PCE game ever made is out of print. You can buy new copies of Mysterious Song here-

http://gooddealgames.com/inventory/Turbografx.html

Yeah, Galem just about covered it. Most of the NEC console RPG's never left Japan and those that did require a CD player. The 2012 release Mysterious Song is the closest to Dragon Quest. The print run is now sold out, but a few copies remain at the big internet homebrew dealer. Also see Ys 1-2 and the recently-translated Ys IV. Neutopia 1-2 are Zelda clones, but may scratch the itch.

since it is out of print now is there anywhere to get a download of Mysterious Song, I would like to give it a go

http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2014, 02:35:43 AM »
I debated posting that link and decided against it.  Some people don't deserve help.