Author Topic: Toughest PC Engine game?  (Read 650 times)

yoyo

Toughest PC Engine game?
« on: February 04, 2014, 10:19:07 PM »
Just curious, what's the toughest PC Engine/CD game you've played? It's hard to say for me, personally, Saigo no Nindou (Ninja Spirit) is pretty tough but I wouldn't call it -the- hardest PCE game I'd played. I'll be able to answer my own question later when I'm not so tired, haha.
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

PunkicCyborg

Re: Toughest PC Engine game?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 11:34:10 PM »
Rayxanber II
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

Obfuscate

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 11:36:16 PM »
Rayxanber II is one of the best and hardest games on the system.

Tatsujin

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 11:51:35 PM »
NKT okaasan to issho niko niko pun.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 11:53:39 PM by Tatsujin »
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

SuperDeadite

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 12:21:57 AM »
The TV Show.  The awful controls make it 100000000000x harder then it should have been.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Dyna138

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 12:26:03 AM »
Rayxanber II of course. R-Type stage 6 is also a brick wall for me and Gradius II on anything but the easiest difficulty. I've also never been able to finish the turbo version of Raiden either.

Otaking

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 04:30:25 AM »
I've also never been able to finish the turbo version of Raiden either.
+1

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 05:14:04 AM »
Youkaidouchuuki was really hard too for how short of a game it is. Took me maybe 13 hours (3-4 hours a night for a couple nights) of playing over and over to beat a 25 minute game
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

pulstar

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 06:35:05 AM »
Youkaidouchuuki was really hard too for how short of a game it is. Took me maybe 13 hours (3-4 hours a night for a couple nights) of playing over and over to beat a 25 minute game

This...and also Cyber Cross, but maybe I mean painful. I didn't like that game at all.
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

toymachine78

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 07:23:45 AM »
Tatsujin is pretty dang hard too! (The game, not the man  :)  )The enemy bullets are too damn fast!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:16:04 AM by toymachine78 »

csgx1

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 08:51:51 AM »
Rayxanber II

Agree.  Anyone beat it?  Any tips for getting passed level 4?  I can easily get to level 4, but beating the level seems impossible for me.  I've attempted level 4 over 100 times now and only got to the boss once.

I recently was playing Legion and it seems pretty tough too.  The last level is crazy and almost impossible to not die immediately.   

Xak

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 09:15:23 AM »
Tatsujin is pretty dang hard too! (The game, not the man :pray:)

oh you

i always hated Tiger Road
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

Obfuscate

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 11:07:32 PM »
Rayxanber II

Agree.  Anyone beat it?  Any tips for getting passed level 4?  I can easily get to level 4, but beating the level seems impossible for me.  I've attempted level 4 over 100 times now and only got to the boss once.

I've beat it lots of times. Level 4, during the 2nd half the stage get the ice weapon and use the straight up or down position (this will help kill the chaser aliens quickest). Memorize when all the snakes and aliens come out and you will need to use your speed burst quite a bit to try to avoid all the mayhem. Make sure your turbo switch is in the middle position for shooting. Concentrate on killing the aliens and avoiding the balls. It takes skill, memorization and some luck as those bouncing balls are unpredictable.

Keep playing!! Level 6 is my favorite level of any shooter ever and stage 5 is also very cool!!!

pixeljunkie

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 06:07:38 AM »
another vote for Tatsujin

csgx1

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 08:32:34 AM »
Rayxanber II

I've beat it lots of times. Level 4, during the 2nd half the stage get the ice weapon and use the straight up or down position (this will help kill the chaser aliens quickest). Memorize when all the snakes and aliens come out and you will need to use your speed burst quite a bit to try to avoid all the mayhem. Make sure your turbo switch is in the middle position for shooting. Concentrate on killing the aliens and avoiding the balls. It takes skill, memorization and some luck as those bouncing balls are unpredictable.

Keep playing!! Level 6 is my favorite level of any shooter ever and stage 5 is also very cool!!!

You got some mad skills! :clap: Thanks for the helpful tips; gives me some hope.  Those bouncing balls always kill me.  I'm going to give it another go soon and hopefully I can get past level 4 someday.