Author Topic: Guide me in buying an everdrive  (Read 1098 times)

420GOAT

Guide me in buying an everdrive
« on: May 12, 2014, 12:28:14 PM »
hello, heres another dumb one for you guys. i want to buy an everdrive. some guys  are out and some say in stock. what options do i choose? i just want to leave it in the turbo and be able to play on my tg-16 all stock. any links would help. looking for the best price. best shipping, and reputable seller. thanks.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

Bernie

Re: Guide me in buying an everdrive
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 12:44:09 PM »
http://krikzz.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=57    :)

Right from the man himself.  Best price too.

420GOAT

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 12:53:39 PM »
thanks Bernie! is the extra cover worth it?
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car.

NightWolve

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 12:53:59 PM »
This is where you buy it direct from the creator:

http://shop.retrogate.com/Turbo-EverDrive-TURBO-ED.htm

$79 + $5 S/H = $84. The cheapest you can get it new.

However, we have talked about doing another group buy here, where 10 of us get together, pool all money, and buy 10 at the wholesale reduced rate of $60. Somebody has to manage it like BlueBMW currently is for the Super NES Everdrive.

So, up to you if you wanna wait for that to happen. I will take part in that group buy if it happens, but many here already went and bought it individually so chances of it happening now aren't as high if we had organized ourselves much earlier, like when it originally came out and what not.

synbiosfan

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 12:56:11 PM »
is the extra cover worth it?

I found it much easier to insert/remove with the cover.

Bernie

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 01:00:49 PM »
Yeah, the link I posted has his store as the very first one to buy from, RetroGate.  I guess I should not have taken for granted that was known info.  :) 

Got a PM informing me that the way I posted the link was annoying??  lol..  Get a life.  I dont see how my post was annoying at all. It was simple and to the point.  Link to the best place to buy with no mark-up.  Just forgot to add to click the first seller, being retrogate.  :)  Shame on me....     :-({|=

jperryss

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 01:04:06 PM »
Got a PM informing me that the way I posted the link was annoying??  lol..  Get a life.

Stone Age Gamer fanboy, maybe?

synbiosfan

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 01:21:49 PM »
No.

When I went Bernie's route, I started clicking random links and the first few were sold out. I ended up buying from the first person that had one. It was more and took a lot longer to arrive. Hence annoying to me.

NightWolve posted the retrogate link that I used for my second Everdrive.

Get a life...okay.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 01:38:08 PM by synbiosfan »

Bernie

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 01:23:28 PM »
The retrogate link he posted is the very first seller on the link I posted.  :)

synbiosfan

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 01:26:02 PM »
The retrogate link he posted is the very first seller on the link I posted.  :)

You're right...I guess there's a new challenger for your "The PCEFX Village Idiot" title :P

Forgive the noobness 8)

jtucci31

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 01:37:18 PM »
If there ever comes around another group buy I would definitely be in. I'm not in the market for one right now but eventually I do want one.

Either way thanks for the links. I had pretty much the same questions but didn't want to ask :)

Dicer

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 04:09:29 PM »
Waiting for mine to make it back to him for repair and then back to me...chomping at the bit a bit, lol

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 06:44:49 PM »
I might be in for a group buy, Everdrive with cover. However would shipping to Germany be an issue? In a group buy, will the items still be sent out individually to each buyer directly from the seller?

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

NightWolve

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 07:35:12 PM »
I might be in for a group buy, Everdrive with cover. However would shipping to Germany be an issue? In a group buy, will the items still be sent out individually to each buyer directly from the seller?

I described how it would work with the SNES Everdrive here:

http://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=16576.msg345144#msg345144

A 10 pack will arrive at the group-buy leader's home. He/She will have to ship them all out individually.

As for some cover, you'll have to buy that on your own. I trust you don't mean that StoneAgeGamer guy...? There's no way that profiteer has some special wholesale deal if you buy 10 or more. He already doubled the price for his plastic case, manual, and coated version. Anyway, I think we should simply go for the $60 plain version direct from the creator. As for you being in Germany, whoever the leader is will simply have to charge you accordingly for shipping rates back to Europe. That might be worth looking into beforehand because then maybe it might be better for you to simply buy it directly from the creator.

jordan_hillman

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2014, 08:28:23 PM »
This is where you buy it direct from the creator:

http://shop.retrogate.com/Turbo-EverDrive-TURBO-ED.htm

$79 + $5 S/H = $84. The cheapest you can get it new.

However, we have talked about doing another group buy here, where 10 of us get together, pool all money, and buy 10 at the wholesale reduced rate of $60. Somebody has to manage it like BlueBMW currently is for the Super NES Everdrive.

So, up to you if you wanna wait for that to happen. I will take part in that group buy if it happens, but many here already went and bought it individually so chances of it happening now aren't as high if we had organized ourselves much earlier, like when it originally came out and what not.

Thanks for the link! I've been looking into getting one of these bad boys as well and might be down for a group buy as well
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"