Author Topic: Complete PC engine CD IFU setups and recapped Duo systems for sale.  (Read 9168 times)

HailingTheThings

Re: Complete PC engine Briefcase setups for sale. Plus Some DUOs :)
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2016, 03:24:14 PM »
LETMEINPLEASE, lol good nickname considering the registration process here.

Is having to wait a day or two really that big of a hardship?

In my first post I made here I explain that I tried to register 5 times... I believe it was over the course of a little less than a year. I never got activated or responses until I tried my current name. In between all that I also emailed the actual webpage contact us link about it, but never got a reply from there either. I also asked someone else on the neogeo forums about it and what to do and they just said yeah sometimes it takes a while....Im not whiner, I just didnt know what else to do after all that time.

I feel like, somehow, there has been something you weren't doing right in order for it to take that long. Necro does stuff.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #136 on: February 23, 2016, 03:16:54 AM »
In my first post I made here I explain that I tried to register 5 times... I believe it was over the course of a little less than a year. I never got activated or responses until I tried my current name. In between all that I also emailed the actual webpage contact us link about it, but never got a reply from there either. I also asked someone else on the neogeo forums about it and what to do and they just said yeah sometimes it takes a while....Im not whiner, I just didnt know what else to do after all that time.

That response was to Punch's assertion that there's something wrong with the registration process here, implying that it still takes months to get approved.  Since being made a mod about 18 months ago, all new registrations are approved daily during the week, making most registrations approved within 24 hours and the longest waits being if someone registers on a Friday evening and isn't approved until Monday morning.

Like I said in your intro post, the problem with your registration was almost certainly on your end, with the activation email ending up in your spam folder or you using an invalid email account.  The only time when it might've been a problem here was if all four of your previous registrations were between 12/14/14 and 01/06/15, a time when the registration was overrun with spam bots; it was averaging over 100 spambot registries a day, and with no easy way to separate the four or five legitimate registrations from the garbage, they all got deleted.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

shabba

« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2016, 02:48:45 PM »
Keith, I've pm'ed you about a system. I also meant to ask if you would be up to recapping my Express if sent to you. It needs it.

Thanks!
-Colin
Old enough to be your dad. Just ask your mom.

NightWolve

« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2016, 09:53:53 AM »
The only time when it might've been a problem here was if all four of your previous registrations were between 12/14/14 and 01/06/15, a time when the registration was overrun with spam bots; it was averaging over 100 spambot registries a day, and with no easy way to separate the four or five legitimate registrations from the garbage, they all got deleted.

Ah, that sucks, so the registration page didn't have good Captcha features to block that shit... And now because of how crazy/excessive spambots have gotten for so many years, you got Captcha systems in place as soon as you hit a website and multiple verification techniques are used like showing you images or videos, asking you to pick out which ones have a sign in it or not, etc.!!!

Koop

« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2016, 08:03:24 PM »
Hey I dropped ya a PM KC to look into getting my briefcase setup modded. Let me know if you're taking on any work at all. Got to get this thing RGB modded  for my new PVM as soon as I can hah.  :D

Keith Courage

« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2016, 08:20:01 PM »
Sure, I'd be happy to work on your setup. reply sent

Koop

« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2016, 08:48:28 AM »
Sure, I'd be happy to work on your setup. reply sent

No worries I can only guess how hectic it gets for you. I've replied back so we can get this show on the road.

shabba

« Reply #142 on: February 29, 2016, 01:25:36 PM »
Well, I must say I'm surprised. I'm surprised because I bought a Duo-R from Keith last week towards the end of the week, Friday I think, and that thing wound up on my front porch today. Wow! I've never had a PCengine anything before and I must say, I'm floored. Keiths workmanship is absolutely amazing. When other people say it looks factory, it's the absolute truth. Since selling my last set up a few years ago, I have 2 games left to play, Keith Courage and Bonk 3. I've done nothing but play them all afternoon.

Thanks Keith!
-Colin
Old enough to be your dad. Just ask your mom.

Koop

« Reply #143 on: March 02, 2016, 10:58:31 AM »
hey KC I sent you one last message before I send everything out tomorrow to you.  :D

wildfruit

« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2016, 10:56:58 AM »
Final spec PM sent!

EDIT
I don't know of you got my PM Keith, for some reason not showing up in my sent items folder. Tried a couple of times. Sorry if you did and your inbox is spammed.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 07:35:17 AM by wildfruit »

Soviet Conscript

« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2016, 03:19:53 PM »
you don't happen to have any IFU-30's with RGB mods do you?
Oh my god! They're not even human!

Keith Courage

« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2016, 05:11:00 PM »
I don't have any finished with that right now but should shortly. I've been a little back logged getting these ready. there is a short waiting list. there is a short waiting list.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 06:43:51 PM by Keith Courage »

Soviet Conscript

« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2016, 06:00:50 PM »
I don't have any finished with that right now but should shortly. I've been a little back logged getting these ready.

ah, when you do I'd be interested.
Oh my god! They're not even human!

vitaflo

« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2016, 03:31:21 PM »
Been so excited to play my RGB modded Briefcase from KC that I forgot to post a photo.  Wonderful job.  Perfect with my Everdrive.  Can't say enough about it and how well KC did on this.   :clap:

wildfruit

« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2016, 03:05:20 AM »
Been so excited to play my RGB modded Briefcase from KC that I forgot to post a photo.  Wonderful job.  Perfect with my Everdrive.  Can't say enough about it and how well KC did on this.   :clap:

Nice. Cant wait for my duo!!