Author Topic: (CLOSED) Turbo Everdrive Group Buy ORDERED!  (Read 4884 times)

Bardoly

Re: Turbo Everdrive Group Buy
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2014, 10:27:05 AM »
Damn 16 people already. I'm glad that this is working out well so far.

I went to the post office today in my town and i was informed that shipping in small flat rate boxes is only $5.80 pretty much anywhere CON U.S. I asked about Canada and they said that would be around $20, so we will have to talk about that Canadians. Once again Please tell me if you are outside of CON U.S. I'm sure we can work something out, it would just be nice to know ahead of time. I feel as though the small flat rate boxes are a pretty good idea as it should fit the everdrive nicely. I can only order 5 at a time from the  USPS website for free so I'll have to figure that out. (Should i order 5 at a time? Or is there a grace period). I also forgot to ask about tracking numbers so I'll get on that soon as well, because I'm sure tracking numbers are wanted.

We definitely have enough people already to go in on this, but i feel like we should wait to see if anyone else wants to get in on the group buy. I'm thinking maybe by this Saturday for the deadline to be. And then after that I'll start PM'ing everyone about Paypal junk and whatnot. If anyone objects and thinks i should wait longer (or end it sooner and order sooner) let me know!  :)

Also the list of people should be updated as i try to get them on there as soon as i see them (if i didn't then i would for sure get lost)

If you go to your local post office, then you should be able to get as many small flat rate boxes as you need.  Also, if you register online at the post office website, then I believe that if you print out the shipping labels and pay for them online, then small flat rate to CON US is only $5.25, so a small savings there.

jtucci31

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2014, 10:58:40 AM »
Damn 16 people already. I'm glad that this is working out well so far.

I went to the post office today in my town and i was informed that shipping in small flat rate boxes is only $5.80 pretty much anywhere CON U.S. I asked about Canada and they said that would be around $20, so we will have to talk about that Canadians. Once again Please tell me if you are outside of CON U.S. I'm sure we can work something out, it would just be nice to know ahead of time. I feel as though the small flat rate boxes are a pretty good idea as it should fit the everdrive nicely. I can only order 5 at a time from the  USPS website for free so I'll have to figure that out. (Should i order 5 at a time? Or is there a grace period). I also forgot to ask about tracking numbers so I'll get on that soon as well, because I'm sure tracking numbers are wanted.

We definitely have enough people already to go in on this, but i feel like we should wait to see if anyone else wants to get in on the group buy. I'm thinking maybe by this Saturday for the deadline to be. And then after that I'll start PM'ing everyone about Paypal junk and whatnot. If anyone objects and thinks i should wait longer (or end it sooner and order sooner) let me know!  :)

Also the list of people should be updated as i try to get them on there as soon as i see them (if i didn't then i would for sure get lost)

If you go to your local post office, then you should be able to get as many small flat rate boxes as you need.  Also, if you register online at the post office website, then I believe that if you print out the shipping labels and pay for them online, then small flat rate to CON US is only $5.25, so a small savings there.

That's good to know about printing the labels, thanks. But when i went to the post office the lady told me to just order them from online because she didn't want me taking their whole stock of them (and at this point I'll need about 20). I can only request 5 at a time from online which sucks.

Edit: I was able to order 25 boxes from USPS. The website has a max set at 5 yet the USPS app on the iPhone let me order in increments of 5, 25, and 50. Not sure how that makes sense but i got that settled  :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 11:09:46 AM by jtucci31 »

spenoza

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2014, 11:11:40 AM »
Thanks for offering to be a coordination point, man. Very nice of you to go out of your way to get everybody in on a small discount.

If we can get 20 in you think they'll go any lower?
<a href="http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/103/show-collection.htm" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">My meager PC Engine Collection so far.</a><br><a href="https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">PC Engine Software Bible</a><br><a href="http://www.racketboy.com/forum/" c

Rosser

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2014, 11:36:11 AM »
I'm down to order one

mrhaboobi

« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2014, 01:04:04 PM »
shipping to New Zealand? :)
Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

NightWolve

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2014, 01:20:38 PM »
but i feel like we should wait to see if anyone else wants to get in on the group buy.

Well, depends on you and if you're willing to do all this remailing work once the order arrives. Careful not to overwhelm yourself with it, just sayin'. First time out, I'd probably only wanna handle 10 (I would've stopped it there), not 20.

BlueBMW

« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2014, 01:37:07 PM »
If its a concern I dont mind handling reshipping all the international orders.  First class international is a cheaper alternative to priority mail international and is pretty reliable.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

jtucci31

« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2014, 01:45:05 PM »
You make a point NightWolve. I think I'll stop the listings tomorrow so if anyone else wants to get in on the group buy I would do it soon. Then tomorrow night or Thursday I'll start inquiring paypal money.

And to answer mrhaboobi, uhhh, let me check on that. Like others I'm sure it's fine and I'll just ask for some more money if that's ok to compensate shipping.

FiftyQuid

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2014, 02:25:46 PM »
I asked about Canada and they said that would be around $20, so we will have to talk about that Canadians.
USPS must think you guys are retarded.  A flat rate ship box is exactly that.  It's a great deal for anyone in the USA as it offers convenience, but it's a ripoff when shipping anywhere else in the world.  Give USPS $5.80 or $20 and they'll ship it anywhere.  $5.80 anywhere in the CON US is accurate.  Yeah, they might take a hit going to one spot, but they make up for it in others.

$20 to Canada is a joke.  Please don't use a flat rate box.  Just box it yourself and ship it.  The Customs forms are a breeze.  Just mark it as a gift and make sure the $$$ is marked as under $99.  Heck I can do the forms from my location for you.  Sorry if I sound pissed, but I'm so sick of the post office in Canada and the USA shaking their cocks at each other.

BlueBMW, do not take a hit on shipping for me.  I still consider myself in debt to you for the SNES.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

jtucci31

« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2014, 02:28:41 PM »
I asked about Canada and they said that would be around $20, so we will have to talk about that Canadians.
USPS must think you guys are retarded.  A flat rate ship box is exactly that.  It's a great deal for anyone in the USA as it offers convenience, but it's a ripoff when shipping anywhere else in the world.  Give USPS $5.80 or $20 and they'll ship it anywhere.  $5.80 anywhere in the CON US is accurate.  Yeah, they might take a hit going to one spot, but they make up for it in others.

$20 to Canada is a joke.  Please don't use a flat rate box.  Just box it yourself and ship it.  The Customs forms are a breeze.  Just mark it as a gift and make sure the $$$ is marked as under $99.  Heck I can do the forms from my location for you.  Sorry if I sound pissed, but I'm so sick of the post office in Canada and the USA shaking their cocks at each other.

BlueBMW, do not take a hit on shipping for me.  I still consider myself in debt to you for the SNES.

Sorry small flat rate for all CON U.S. seems like a reasonable deal and relatively easy.

I have some extra boxes that are smaller laying around my house, are you suggesting i just use that instead of a small flat rate and it will be cheaper?

NightWolve

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2014, 02:34:21 PM »
I sent a SNES part (the cart connector) in a bubble-mailer to a friend in Nova Scotia, Canada for $7.80, and that's cause I cheaped out and saved a dollar by not paying for a tracking number. It made it there OK, but I wasn't happy about asking him for a few more bucks to cover the shipping...

BlueBMW

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2014, 02:38:58 PM »
Less than four pounds of weight can go first class international which is usually pretty quick and relatively cheap.  If I had to guess, the everdrives will probably be $7-$9 to ship this way.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Bardoly

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2014, 05:51:53 PM »
I have shipped to various locations in Canada fairly recently.  Small flat rate box was like $22.  :(  Using my own box and sending it first class was about $13-14.

MrFulci

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2014, 07:39:22 PM »
Those shells are no longer listed for sale. I searched for them, can't find them on the site, either.

"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

FiftyQuid

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2014, 01:31:14 AM »
I'm fine with paying $10-$15 to ship up here to me.  It's the flat rate box I have a hate on for.  It inflates the cost of everything shipped to Canada.  It's practically the only option left on eBay because people have gotten too lazy to box things themselves and fill out a form.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.