Author Topic: (CLOSED) Turbo Everdrive Group Buy ORDERED!  (Read 4882 times)

jtucci31

(CLOSED) Turbo Everdrive Group Buy ORDERED!
« on: July 20, 2014, 08:38:15 AM »
So I've been wanting an Everdrive for awhile and seeing interest in other threads has prompted me to start this thread. I'd be willing to organize this group buy for some Everdrives.

I'll purchase them from here: http://shop.retrogate.com/Turbo-EverDrive-TURBO-ED.htm

Buying one on your own runs you around $85. This group buy should aim to save you around $10-15. It's $60 per person if 10 are involved so adding in little shipping fees here and there will still cut the cost of buying on your own. I'm figuring out how much the initial shipment of 10 everdrives will be so once i have that i can get a better number for everyone. I'd say now you're looking at maybe $70. I would need the money upfront before i bought it as I don't have that kind of cash to shell out, sorry. I'm sure most of you understand how this works but if not I'll try to explain better.

So I'd like to get a list going of people who are interested and can pay within a week or two (ideally). Once i get a list of how many people want an everdrive i can get exact prices and we can get this ball rolling.

The list:

1-jtucci31 paid
2-Sadler paid
3-BlueBMW paid
4-NightWolve paid
5-Wallzter paid
6-jlued686 paid
7-wildo2ne paid
8-FiftyQuid (Canada) paid
9-Keith Courage paid
10-spenoza paid
11-esteban paid
12-MrFulci paid
13-TheClash603 paid
14-DragonmasterDan paid
15-Medic_wheat paid
16-munchiaz paid
17-BigT paid
18-Rosser paid
19-mrhaboobi (New Zealand) paid
20-reson8er paid

This list should be fully updated. If i missed anyone, please let me know.

UPDATE: So the price for one everdrive plus shipping and expenses will be $70 per person. I feel that's pretty fair and saves everyone around $15 or so if they were to buy it on their own like i said before. I'll start sending PM's to everyone today with my paypal information and whatnot. Hopefully the money can get pooled together by the end of the week and i can order the everdrives then.

Tracking Numbers are out! Everyone should have theirs!!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 04:41:50 AM by jtucci31 »

Sadler

Re: Turbo Everdrive Group Buy
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 09:15:15 AM »
Count me in and thanks for taking lead on this!

wallzter

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 09:54:49 AM »
Is the Usb port required? Is there a shell available to protect it?  If so what would be the price with that?

KingDrool

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 10:29:59 AM »
Sign me up, please. Thanks!
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

jtucci31

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 10:30:14 AM »
Here is a direct quote from NightWolve explaining it. I was asking him questions earlier.

"We don't need the USB option. That's basically so you don't have to eject the SD card and insert it to a computer all the time to add/delete more ROMs. The whole ROM library is available and doesn't change unless you count hacks/translations which are rare enough to not justify needing immediate USB plug'n'play support to modify the SD card.

It's just like phones/cameras, it's convenient to not have to pull out the SD card all the time by instead using the USB cable, but not necessary."

So basicslly, like he said, we don't need the USB option. You just use a mini SD card about 2gb in size and it gets the job done.

The shell is about $10-15 or so. There is an everdrive thread in the TG16 discussion thread (ill link it later, I'm on my phone now) that has some good info on everdrive stuff and links to cases as well. We won't be buying cases so that's on you.

BlueBMW

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 10:39:47 AM »
Add me to the list plz :)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NightWolve

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2014, 10:48:15 AM »
Add me obviously, the money's been sitting in my paypal account for this. Thing is, how do you transfer without incurring paypal fees ? Any time somebody donated to me, paypal always took a cut. I recall someone doing a check like action and that avoided it, but yeah.

BlueBMW

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2014, 10:49:55 AM »
If you send via gift there should be no fees for the recipient.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

wallzter

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2014, 11:02:01 AM »
Count me in too.  If you can send that link about the shells I'd appreciate it. I would like the shell because It seems so fragile without it.

jtucci31

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2014, 11:06:22 AM »

Add me obviously, the money's been sitting in my paypal account for this. Thing is, how do you transfer without incurring paypal fees ? Any time somebody donated to me, paypal always took a cut. I recall someone doing a check like action and that avoided it, but yeah.

Shit I hadn't thought of that, good point. I know if you link your bank account to your paypal you can get past those fees. But I'm sure not everyone has that. I guess I'll have to ask for a little more if that's the case.

BlueBMW

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2014, 11:34:53 AM »
Everyone should be able to send as gift.  If the source of the funds isn't your paypal balance or bank account then the fee will be charged to the sender when gifting.

NightWolve

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 12:27:19 PM »
Yeah, don't use a credit card, it's only fair that they'll have to charge CC processing fees then. I have over a hundred in paypal balance so I should be good. If not, I'd resort to mailing him a personal check.

wildo2ne

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 12:28:33 PM »
count me in for one

FiftyQuid

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 02:06:28 PM »
Add me to the list.  However, I'm screwing everything up by being in Canada.  So if you US guys don't want me in on this let me know and I'll bow out.  It's rough being a Canuck.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

BlueBMW

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 02:18:08 PM »
Worst case have yours sent to me fifty and Ill forward it along to you.