Author Topic: Awesome pce games that no one plays.  (Read 3685 times)

esteban

Awesome pce games that no one plays.
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2014, 10:51:37 PM »
I'm not trolling.

Blodia/Timeball is a very simple, but fun (it gets challenging) puzzle game that lots of folks hate because they are whores for superficial glitz and glamor.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 01:59:22 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

cho_aniki

Re: Awesome pce games that no one plays.
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2014, 03:53:38 AM »
Gekisha Boy, if it hasn't been mentioned yet.

moerupolice

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2014, 11:34:14 AM »
Energy. While I will admit the game is totally broken, it has a lot of ridiculous dialogue and a lot of area to explore. I like this game way more than I should.

jtucci31

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2014, 01:26:46 PM »
Energy. While I will admit the game is totally broken, it has a lot of ridiculous dialogue and a lot of area to explore. I like this game way more than I should.

You and PunkicCyborg will get along well then.

monads

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2014, 06:47:09 PM »
-Don Doko Don

My girlfriend likes this title!!!  She likes Turbo games, but this was a PCE thread.  LOL.  Don't think this title gets much plugs, but it's great :)

geise

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2014, 12:57:46 AM »
Hani in the Sky.

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2014, 06:38:41 PM »
One awesome game that I truly enjoy which I never hear or read about people playing is Rainbow Islands The Story Of Bubble Bobble 2. I personally love playing this game !!

Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

esteban

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2014, 11:12:08 PM »

One awesome game that I truly enjoy which I never hear or read about people playing is Rainbow Islands The Story Of Bubble Bobble 2. I personally love playing this game !!

I have spent much more time with the Taito disc for PS1/2...I have played the PCE version, years ago, but I wish I could compare them side-by-side.

I like hopping on the rainbow steps. I think it is a neat, unique mechanic. It's great. :)
  |    | 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2014, 01:37:38 AM »
Rainbow Islands is definitely a goody.  I gotta put 'er on the old wish list.  :mrgreen:
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Nec.Game.head

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2014, 03:52:12 AM »
Lol A little Rainbow Island sunshine bright and early this morning !!

Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

reno5

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2015, 03:09:15 AM »
Future Boy Conan is really nice. Watched the complete animated series because of that game !

Mathius

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2015, 02:40:27 PM »
You know it may be because I am a little more out of touch lately with RL issues but it seems like no one really talks about Aldynes anymore. Tons of mult-sprite bosses and cool music make for a really neat game. Everyone here owns the game right? NOW GO PLAY IT!

I would 2nd Sunteam's vote with the Momotaru platformer but honestly the game's language barrier really frustrates me every time I give it a chance. Someone please fan translate it after they get done with Anerth and Blood Gear. :wink:
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

esteban

Awesome pce games that no one plays.
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2015, 10:21:59 AM »
You know it may be because I am a little more out of touch lately with RL issues but it seems like no one really talks about Aldynes anymore. Tons of mult-sprite bosses and cool music make for a really neat game. Everyone here owns the game right? NOW GO PLAY IT!

I would 2nd Sunteam's vote with the Momotaru platformer but honestly the game's language barrier really frustrates me every time I give it a chance. Someone please fan translate it after they get done with Anerth and Blood Gear. :wink:

No, you are correct.

Aldynes  has never been a popular topic. But this seems to be the trend for all of the SUPERGRAFX games...unless you use an emulator, many of only have PCE and can only lust for the Aldynes, Granzort, 1941 CA, Daimakaimura (of all the SGX games, this is the only one that gets any discussion going).

I wish I still had a SGX. I haven't played any of the games for over a decade. Maybe I used an emulator a few times, but that's about it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:32:28 AM by esteban »
  |    | 

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2015, 10:59:52 AM »
The Wizardry games (80% English come on!). Enough said.

Mathius

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2015, 02:16:45 PM »

No, you are correct.

Aldynes  has never been a popular topic. But this seems to be the trend for all of the SUPERGRAFX games...unless you use an emulator, many of only have PCE and can only lust for the Aldynes, Granzort, 1941 CA, Daimakaimura (of all the SGX games, this is the only one that gets any discussion going).

I wish I still had a SGX. I haven't played any of the games for over a decade. Maybe I used an emulator a few times, but that's about it.

Get one then, Esty, plus an Everdrive so you don't have to sell your soul to afford 1941. If I see one on the cheap at any convention I'll pick it up for you if you want. :)
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406