Author Topic: Analouge NT/Suoer Nt now with more Turrican 2  (Read 6363 times)

ClodBuster

• A real powerhouse!
    • Cumonreprocarts.com
Re: Analouge NT
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2015, 05:57:23 AM »
Just out of curiousity (and again, since I'm plain dumb lol), please tell me what's steep audio.

They tried to make me do a recap
I said no, no, no

Medic_wheat

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2015, 06:06:42 AM »
Just out of curiousity (and again, since I'm plain dumb lol), please tell me what's steep audio.

Lol.  No no that is just my thumb typing skills.

Stereo is what it is suppose to read.

SignOfZeta

Analouge NT
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2015, 08:02:25 AM »
This thing seems great. Try to get a case like that made anywhere in the U.S. and you're looking at probably $500 already. It's a boutique item for well off people who love NES and if I gave two shits for that system I'd certainly look into it.

You can't fall into the falacy of comparing the price of something manufactured at home in quantities of hundreds or maybe only dozens to mass produced items like XRGBs. They are both gaming electronics, but beyond that they are as different as space travel and onion farming.

That being said, I don't like the NES very much, I don't really care for rich-ass Euro Neo fans, and their company name is not only stupid (why is everything you sell digital?) but their logo is extremely similar to that of Arturia, which is also French, and actually makes analog electronics, so you'd think they'd think that through some more.

Opethian

« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2015, 08:14:51 AM »
All you are buying into in his products is his marketing.

Everything is amazing when you understand nothing...

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

Medic_wheat

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2015, 04:13:08 AM »
All you are buying into in his products is his marketing.

Everything is amazing when you understand nothing...

I gleefully understand little and comprehend less.  :-"

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2015, 06:56:54 AM »
A coworker has one.  I held it.  It seemed nice.  Saw the video quality.  Not worth the price if you already have an NES of some sort.

I still prefer my Famicom + AV mod.   It's cheaper.

I also don't approve of the sale of Famicom controllers that I assume are gutted from real machines.  What happens to those machines?

[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

Black Tiger

« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2015, 07:26:50 AM »
I assumed that they were making use of some of the millions of unwanted broken NES units floating around.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Opethian

« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2015, 02:27:07 PM »
he robbed the CPU and PPU from the system so salvage whats left right?

[Mon 16:27] <BlueBMW> i wouldnt sell an unmolested duo hehe.  I molest the crap outta of em before they leave me

Medic_wheat

« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2015, 03:28:06 AM »
he robbed the CPU and PPU from the system so salvage whats left right?

Not sure about your phrasing but yes?

In that he took hundreds of not a few thousand (no idea on production numbers) of broken systems (all of them famicoms) and removed the PPU and CPU and mounted them on (custome) PCB boards for the new housing used in his duo Famicom/NES system.

With the optional daughter board that Krevious made to give it HDMI out put capability for modern TVs. still reruns the ability for AV out.

Apart from all of that I couldn't comment on the reuse of Famicom controllers. Considering you can still buy new old stock of Famicom controlors meant to be connected directly to the back of a Famicom. I picked up a controlors two with mic for like $15 as few old stock from a Japan Video Game eBay seller. With shipping it came out to $26. Do it is possible they bought some controlors in bulk. Or repurposed the controlors to systems that were junked for use with a NES system.

The whole use of PPUs and CPUs is a point of contemptible for some. Personally I don't see an issues.

What you are telling me any one individual or group of people are going to spend the time money and resources to buy broken systems in bulk just to rebuild and refurbish them at cost to preserve the original system only to resell it to other people and break even? 

No would be Never happen. So repurposing as much of these old systems to allow them to play the original games on more modern TV systems pressuring as much as possible for your everyday not tech none multi part upscakmg guy/gal this is better then expected.

Sure you cons get comparable results with other cheape options or even emulation but for some this is a hybrid system that meets their needs.

For many the price is outside what they can or willing to spend. Some the sum of its parts is viewed as waste full and not needed. Redundant even.

For the smaller group that want it and have bought it. Well bully for them.

Sure some think owning it is for idiots with to much money other that it is a status symbol. And you bet your ass for some who bought one of these that's exactly what it is. But not for all.

Hell in every aspect of gaming retro gaming. Collection what ever your world view of who and what you are being it comics or tooth brushes there will always be those who get interested in your hobby for what you view as "the wrong reasons".

I say at the end of the day. If there is something related to your hobby that interest you excited you Kees you motivated to engaged in your hobby then that means there are still other people with that same passion and drive to try and find new ways to add to that hobby.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: September 02, 2015, 03:51:20 AM »
That's almost regalsin quality writing.  Bravo.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

esteban

« Reply #55 on: September 02, 2015, 04:14:59 AM »

That's almost regalsin quality writing.  Bravo.

Yes.

He is to be commended for staying focused on one topic, though, so I appreciate that.
  |    | 

jtucci31

« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2017, 03:03:28 AM »
So I tried to reread through some of this old thread, but I can only take so much medic_wheat grammar-less posts.

Has anyone seen the Super Famicom/SNES NT that he's doing now? This one looks way more affordable (to a degree) at $190 with some cool looking variants. From what I understand, I think the FGPA concept is pretty cool considering what this aims to do, which is to get you to play old carts on an hdtv with no lag and perfect quality intact. I would certainly say this is an interesting and cool concept that isn't nearly as high-roller as the NES one he did that was half a grand.

https://www.analogue.co/pages/super-nt/

Though, I'm also bumping this thread because I don't really know the reasoning behind the hate for kevtris here. Wasn't this the same guy that also pretty much debunked the Retro VGS with his FGPA board? On the Giant Bombast at around 1:16:50 ish they talk about the potential for there to be a PC Engine one of these things, and they talk about kevtris' reluctance (and almost flat out disdain) for this community as a reason for him to never do one for the PC Engine. (Link to podcast https://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/) Did this have anything to do with previous members who have since quit? Current flack? Are you guys that opposed to the idea of something like this for the PC Engine?

I'm mainly just really curious and really not trying to stoke any fire here. I wasn't totally keeping track of threads involving this stuff because I wasn't totally interested at the time, and also just lacked knowledge on the subject.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2017, 04:17:01 AM »
I don't think many here hate kevtris; it's the other way around, where he hates us because of this thread.

But whatevs.  If he wants to hate the entire forum because a whopping two or three people bitched at length and a handful more complained in passing that it's too expensive (who's gonna seriously argue that it's cheap?) while the vast majority of the active members had no opinion or were supportive, then f*ck him.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Medic_wheat

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2017, 05:05:41 AM »
I never got the impression people here disliked Kev.

More so the majority disliked the company Analouge for the price point of the Nt.

That and I believe the delays for the first batch of systems.

I feel with the cheaper price point of the Super Nt Analouge as a company will end up with a larger consumer base.

I also suspect Kev will sent out an unofficial patch to allow the Super Nt to play many other 16-Bit systems similar to the Nt Mini.

sirhcman

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2017, 05:48:05 AM »
When is the Zimba 3000 coming out?