Author Topic: Spreading the PC-FX word  (Read 2464 times)

CPTBadAss

Re: Spreading the PC-FX word
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2015, 01:28:57 PM »
I don't see where that link is on the first page so thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:38:25 PM by CPTBadAss »
Maximum Output. Activate the pit.

Arkhan

• Fuck Elmer.
    • Incessant Negativity Software
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2015, 06:57:24 PM »
If Arkhan does ever want to create a new PC-FX site, then Aaron's PC-FX World is the one that it'll be compared to, IMHO.

I already did start one: www.pcfxtoo.com

but, my other projects and stuff keep distracting me.

Alot of the pages just have filler/half assed paragraphs because I was in a hurry to get some stuff up and then got sidetracked.  I am shit at making web pages.

Aaron gave me permission awhile back to basically lift whatever off of PCFX World I wanted, though.

I still have intentions to get that site up and useful at some point.  It's kind of tedious and "meh" when I work on it though, so... it's sort of hard.
[Fri 19:34]<nectarsis> been wanting to try that one for awhile now Ope
[Fri 19:33]<Opethian> l;ol huge dong

I'm a max level Forum Warrior.  I'm immortal.
If you're not ready to defend your claims, don't post em.

elmer

« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2015, 12:37:18 PM »
Carl Williams, the guy from Retro Gaming Magazine that covers a lot of the old consoles has just said that he wants to come here to this forum and ask us a bunch of questions about the machine, with the aim of maybe doing a special article on it.

See the "comments" section of ...

http://retrogamingmagazine.com/2015/08/12/choshin-heiki-zeroigar-for-pc-fx-translated-by-fans-choshin-what/

So ... if we want to "Spread the Word" ... this is a chance to politely help Carl out and see if we can give him a good, balanced view of the PC-FX, both its strengths and its weaknesses, and why it is that some of the people here love the machine.

Whatever he eventually writes will be entirely up to him, of course, but this seems, to me, to be the best chance that the machine has had in a while to get some decent publicity.

SamIAm

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2015, 10:49:58 PM »
Count me in!

RGMag

« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2015, 03:52:21 PM »
Hi guys, this is Carl from Retro Gaming Magazine.  I am indeed interested in learning more about the PC-FX.  As I mentioned in another thread, until I saw Zeroigar I was under the impression that there were very few games released for it, let alone anything that had fast action.

Koop

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2015, 06:07:37 PM »
Is there a list of games that have English patches anywhere?

The PC-FX always interested me but I just always assumed 80% of the library would be behind a language barrier for me.

filler

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2015, 06:13:59 PM »

The PC-FX always interested me but I just always assumed 80% of the library would be behind a language barrier for me.

http://www.romhacking.net/?page=translations&genre=&platform=6&status=&languageid=12&perpage=20&title=&author=&transsearch=Go

Koop

« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2015, 07:01:24 PM »

http://www.romhacking.net/?page=translations&genre=&platform=6&status=&languageid=12&perpage=20&title=&author=&transsearch=Go

Thanks... Only three games? I think I found the problem lol

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2015, 04:57:01 AM »
Hi guys, this is Carl from Retro Gaming Magazine.  I am indeed interested in learning more about the PC-FX.  As I mentioned in another thread, until I saw Zeroigar I was under the impression that there were very few games released for it, let alone anything that had fast action.

Greetings Carl,  (Welcome to the looney bin)

I think the PC-FX is a great secret among the retro gamer community that few have given much of a chance(myself included.. :( ) There are quite a few hidden gems on this console that even a schmuck like myself (lacking any real Hirigana/Kanji knowledge) can have a good time with.  The games I've experienced that I think are worthy of a deeper look are as follows:

The Standbys-  (Games that everyone recommends to the Guyjin)
Chip Chan Kick - really well designed action/platformer/puzzle game similar to Bubble Bobble
Zeroigar - The lone Shoot 'em up
Zenki FX - Action side scroller with crazy awesome music and visuals
Battle Heat - FMV style fighting game - like a cross between Punch Out and Dragon's Lair
Power League FX - It's Baseball... Who doesn't understand Baseball...?

A few others that I REALLY LIKED and didn't have that hard of an issue playing them without any language ability-
Last Imperial Prince - Side Scrolling RPG similar to Paper Mario or Ys III.. Kind of?  There's lots of dialogue, but you're pretty much just walking around and going through some really impressive visuals/parallax scrolling.  I had a fun time with this one!
Anime Freak (Many volumes*)- Mostly just TONS of videos and small game demos.  Really cool to watch and some funny segments.  I recommend because they're pretty inexpensive.
Sparkling Feather - This one has lots of Dialogue as well, but the gameplay and menus are pretty simple to understand with having an "Auto battle" feature that really speeds things up.  It might sound lame to "Watch" a videogame, but this one has some unique concepts that I feel were really cool to experience.  Also, the FMV cut scenes are awesome!

One thing to note is the quality of the FMC sequences on all PC-FX games are of exceptional quality and a HUGE leap over consoles like the PC Engine CD and Sega CD.  I think some games even look better on PC-FX when compared to the Sega Saturn.

Hope this helps.