Author Topic: 1000 Post Raffle! Elemental Gearbolt (WINNER ANNOUNCED!)  (Read 1344 times)

jeffhlewis

1000 Post Raffle! Elemental Gearbolt (WINNER ANNOUNCED!)
« on: May 05, 2015, 07:09:51 AM »
I finally popped my 1,000-post cherry (with a completely worthless side comment, no less!), so in honor of that momentous occasion, I'm raffling off a loose copy of Elemental Gearbolt for the PS1!

The backstory:
I happened to come across a decently-priced loose copy of E.G. at the 2015 Midwest Gaming Classic on the vendor floor, which I snapped up to replace my personal copy (which has actually been on display in the MGC museum area for the past 3 years - it's seen a lot of love). The disc definitely isn't mint, but it plays just fine with only a minor amount of skipping during the FMV scenes. Your mileage may vary depending on how good your PS1's laser is.

Important Notes:
[ul][li]This game requires a GunCon to play - you can acquire one for cheap on eBay these days[/li][li]This game supports two players - so get two GunCons while you're at it![/li][li]As with most older light gun games - you will need a *standard definition* CRT to play it (HD-CRTs will not work, nor will any modern LCD/LED/Plasma TV). PVMs should be fine.[/li][/ul]
Raffuru Details
[ul][li]This raffle is meant for the old-timers (or at least the people who are decently active). Sorry to the newbies, but you gotta earn your bones around here. Only accepting entrants with a post count > 250[/li][li]Heed the "important notes" section above - if you aren't set up to play this game, don't enter this raffle just to have the disc sit on your shelf. This is one of the best light gun games ever made and deserves to be played![/li][li]If you get tired of this game, pass it along to someone else. No reselling B.S.[/li][li]I will post entrant names here and pull them on June 1st, 2015 via a random drawing. Winner will be posted in this threat.[/li][/ul]
Happy rafflin'! Let me know if you have any questions.

Current Entrants:
nullity
Sparky
BigusSchmuck
TR0N
roflmao
Slinkyturd
Technozombie
cjameslv
elderbroom
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 04:18:26 PM by jeffhlewis »

bob

Re: 1000 Post Raffle! Elemental Gearbolt
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 07:17:39 AM »
i have the game, and i fully endorse it. 
if you have the means (gun, crt), you should enter this raffle.

Father5&JoshUnion

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 07:17:57 AM »
Happy raffling and good luck to all participants!!

Speaking of pants, I can personally vouch for Jeffy that this copy has only rubbed against maybe 7 or at most 8 of MGC Museum organizer's ball-sacks during the last three shows.  Which in retrospect, isn't all that bad. 

Good luck everyone!

Sparky

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 07:35:28 AM »
oh nice!!! love PS GunCons games 1 & 2, and i do not have this one so sign me up please. :)

I have always liked gun games since House of the Dead on my DC. We should have a light gun thread, there are a lot out there, i even have a PS1 light gun with a laser sight on it :P but does not work as well as the GunnyCons.

xelement5x

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 07:53:55 AM »
Do not sign me up as I already have these, but this is an awesome game to raffle! 

Kudos to you for doing so as well, good luck to everyone entering!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

BigusSchmuck

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 08:15:03 AM »
Sure sign me up! CRT check, guncon bought just today. :)

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 08:17:19 AM »
Do not sign me up as I already have these, but this is an awesome game to raffle! 

Kudos to you for doing so as well, good luck to everyone entering!

Yes, this is an excellent game. I already have it as well, but whomever wins it is in for a treat. Jeff put up some excellent raffle booty
--DragonmasterDan

Dicer

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2015, 02:07:26 PM »
Don't enter me. I'm Just dropping some Turbok...PSONEKARMA for an awesome raffle...

Good luck all

Punch

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2015, 02:57:52 PM »
プレイス業 for you my friend. Sadly no CRT here (sacrilege I know) and if I had I would probably play Area 51 and Time Crisis only, all the time, so don't enter me.

TR0N

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2015, 08:54:53 PM »
Sign me up one of the few games that wd publish that i don't have.I do have a guncon and a crt so i'm set.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

bob

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2015, 10:49:53 PM »
プレイス業 for you my friend. Sadly no CRT here (sacrilege I know) and if I had I would probably play Area 51 and Time Crisis only, all the time, so don't enter me.

i dont think area 51 is compatible with guncon.  dont you need the other gun? (i forget the name)

Punch

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2015, 11:43:02 PM »

i dont think area 51 is compatible with guncon.  dont you need the other gun? (i forget the name)

Yes, the Justifier by Konami, I forgot its an old title.

xelement5x

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 06:08:57 AM »

Yes, the Justifier by Konami, I forgot its an old title.

Yup, I love the GunCon games, I played the snot out of Time Crisis as a kid so that I could 1CC the arcade.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 03:22:43 PM by xelement5x »
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

whisper2053

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 02:21:31 PM »
I've a JP version of this along with the Hori Beretta GunCon, and can definitely add fuel to the 'this game is freaking amazing' fire! Good luck to everyone!

jeffhlewis

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 01:38:06 AM »
Pics are up!