Author Topic: Any info about Daichi Kun Crisis: Do Natural?  (Read 1400 times)

Digi.k

Re: Any info about Daichi Kun Crisis: Do Natural?
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2017, 02:40:47 PM »
You can save your progress too and make sure you write it to back up RAM.  I'm not sure if it saves your in game progress but I do know that if you make it to a new island you can save from there.  The save file takes up virtually all the back up RAM!

Once you beat the first island you can choose which other island to populate.. Some are quite tough!
When you enter a new island you carry over the same items and money you had.  So if you are broke and your geiger has no fuel it will be tough!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:39:45 PM by Digi.k »

esteban

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2017, 03:43:45 PM »
THE .gifs ARE AWESOME :)

I can't believe this game... it has so much... IS THERE ANY PROGRESS ON THE STORY?

Is it a meditation on the agricultural revolution? Or is it a parable about urbanization? Imperialism?

:)
  |    | 

Bardoly

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2017, 04:03:17 PM »
Looks somewhat like Actraiser for the SNES... in style of gameplay anyway.

munchiaz

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2017, 06:34:50 AM »
Holy crap this game has a lot of content. Never knew about this one. Thanks for all the info and updates Digi

SignOfZeta

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2017, 10:16:36 AM »
I don't have words to explain how grateful I am that people are showing interest in this game. I've had it for years and haven't had the motivation. This should get me well along.

Digi.k

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2017, 01:42:25 PM »
THE .gifs ARE AWESOME :)

I can't believe this game... it has so much... IS THERE ANY PROGRESS ON THE STORY?

Is it a meditation on the agricultural revolution? Or is it a parable about urbanization? Imperialism?

:)

so far I'm on my 4th island, Its just basically the same, conquer the land with farming, defeat the Volcano, fight boss and pick the next island and so on and so forth which hopefully will unravel a final island......  In the map above the center has this swirling vortex's which I think will reveal the final spot of the wicked person that created the volcanoes...

Regarding the  agricultural revolution....  I guess the original TV bosses wanted to turn their farming mascots into the Mario and Co video game stars... This is pre Harvest Moon and later on Setsuko Miyakoshi thought farming would be a great idea for a game and hence Harvest Moon was born.  I guess Daichi Kun was ahead of its time and probably may have been an influence on those games.. 1989 release

I think the TV show finished long before the game was released so the characters lost popularity.

If TTI had decided to translate this game I think this would have become one of those hidden tg-16 gems and value would have rocketed to Magical Chase levels..

Famitsu gave daichi kun a decent score where each reviewer awarded it: 8,8,8,8.    That belongs in their Gold Hall of Fame (32 points)

The pointers: "surprising" "amazing" and "more interesting than sim city"
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:27:07 PM by Digi.k »

Digi.k

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2017, 02:14:41 PM »
The game might have a bug too.  If you allow water to enter the cave of the volcano the game will stop apparently. I haven't tested this out yet.

Also want to point out that this is a real time strategy game. it is not relaxing like other sim games as you are always fighting monsters and having to deal with over flooding and drought during certain months.  The only way this becomes relaxing is if you can completely seal away the volcano from the rest of the island by making big rivers.  Also you can purchase a drum that has some kind of radioactive waste and place it somewhere in one of your man made rivers.  This will draw away monsters from harming you but these don't last very long.   You buy these in the health store in the port town.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 02:20:29 PM by Digi.k »