Author Topic: Shenmue 3 kickstarter  (Read 1962 times)

DrOrangejuicer

Re: Shenmue 3 kickstarter
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 09:47:51 PM »
I'm just wondering what's gonna happen to the price of a copy of shenmue.
well, we all know, it's just how badly it's gonna get f*cked.

Went from a $40 CIB game to an $80-100 CIB game overnight. I have some sealed copies left and saw a spike in interest, now I know why. It'll cool down within a few weeks, imo.

Never been a fan of the series but people do seem to love it. Neat to see a sequel finally happen.

jtucci31

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 01:33:29 AM »
Holy f*ck this was almost a $20 and now it's on ebay for literally $100. Thank god I have the first one. The second one will be a pain to get if I ever want it, how fun.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 02:12:05 AM »
The second one will be a pain to get if I ever want it, how fun.

Trust me you don't want it.
--DragonmasterDan

vmorr

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 12:15:19 PM »

Went from a $40 CIB game to an $80-100 CIB game overnight. I have some sealed copies left and saw a spike in interest, now I know why. It'll cool down within a few weeks, imo.

Never been a fan of the series but people do seem to love it. Neat to see a sequel finally happen.

Decided to test this for fun with a copy of Shenmue II for the Xbox. Bought a second copy from a local game shop for $16 CAD, starting an auction at $20 with free shipping. Should be interesting?

Gypsy

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2015, 03:25:39 PM »

Decided to test this for fun with a copy of Shenmue II for the Xbox. Bought a second copy from a local game shop for $16 CAD, starting an auction at $20 with free shipping. Should be interesting?

I put up a spare copy the other day and it sold for $60. It's nuts. It's a $10-15 game normally.

Anyway, this was great news. I never thought we would get this game. Kickstarter has warts for sure but it's been absolutely great for a lot of things as well. I was very happy to back this project.

jeffhlewis

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2015, 05:12:50 PM »
I just bumped my pledge to $300. Go big or go home. Been waiting 14 damn years for this!

wildfruit

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2015, 07:01:58 PM »
Wow this is crazy. Last week Shenmue 1&2 DC could be had for around £50 for both. Now they're selling for 3 or 4 times that amount.
I'll be keeping mine though.

Gypsy

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2015, 11:09:44 PM »
Wow this is crazy. Last week Shenmue 1&2 DC could be had for around £50 for both. Now they're selling for 3 or 4 times that amount.
I'll be keeping mine though.

Sequel fever has caught hold. It's infecting the masses. The last known case to be this bad was probably Fire Emblem but that had no Shenmue II Xbox version equivalent.

Black Tiger

« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2015, 03:18:37 PM »

How nice of you to use your first non-Sales post to let us all know that you are sitting on a stack of sealed copies of this suddenly highly sought after game.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

esteban

Shenmue 3 kickstarter
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2015, 08:25:57 PM »
Hahsgdhsha...he is a serious businessman.
  |    | 

DrOrangejuicer

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2015, 10:56:26 AM »

How nice of you to use your first non-Sales post to let us all know that you are sitting on a stack of sealed copies of this suddenly highly sought after game.

NOT TRUE! Somebody asked about some OILY JOYSTICKS awhile back and BAM, there I was with INFORMATION. So, like, this is AT LEAST my second non-sales post. [time lapse in which I check my posts] ANOTHER! Somebody wanted to know about Dreamcast accessory prices and I was happy to assist - and I didn't even try to sell him a VMU! And wait until I get my Galaga 90 score up!!

But look, if you just wanted a good price on Shenmue you could have just PMed me.

:D

technozombie

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2015, 07:15:57 PM »
I never really got the chance to set down and play Shenmue on Dreamcast. I guess with the prices now I'll never get too lol.

mickcris

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2015, 07:27:23 PM »
I never really got the chance to set down and play Shenmue on Dreamcast. I guess with the prices now I'll never get too lol.
Dreamcasts can read cd-rs.  :twisted:

technozombie

« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2015, 11:09:28 PM »
Dreamcasts can read cd-rs.  :twisted:
True, I usually try to avoid that, but I think this case would warrant it.

vmorr

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2015, 12:36:08 PM »
Update: game flip successful. Going for a little more than I thought it would given its condition.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/141696870094