Author Topic: Shenmue 3 kickstarter  (Read 1963 times)

TR0N

Shenmue 3 kickstarter
« on: June 15, 2015, 07:40:33 PM »
I just heard about this recently  :shock: I thought this would never happen but i guess,yu suzuki manage to put it through finally.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 07:43:13 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

wildfruit

Re: Shenmue 3 kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 08:02:41 PM »
PC version for me to go with my Shenmue 1&2 for DC. Seems plain target will be easy to reach. Don't know wether to pledge to get PC disk or wait in the hope there is a regular retail version.

TR0N

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 08:16:50 PM »
PC version for me to go with my Shenmue 1&2 for DC. Seems plain target will be easy to reach. Don't know wether to pledge to get PC disk or wait in the hope there is a regular retail version.

PS4 for me since i have the console all ready.Though i heard yu has a partnership with sony on this which explains the platform choices.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ShadowKitty777

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 09:54:39 PM »
It looks like it's almost to the goal already. I'm so happy. ;-;

Dicer

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 10:50:20 PM »
It's gonna suck :(

It's been too long, the budget will be a sliver of what the original cost, and he's done really f*ck all since the Dreamcast era...

I want it to be good, but I have my doubts.

slinkyturd

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 02:38:02 AM »
Shenmue!
70/95 US Turbochips

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 02:45:08 AM »
I'm going to be the villain here.

Shen Mue for Dreamcast was a neat tech demo, it showed revolutionary graphics for the system. It had a real world time based system and NPCs that followed daily schedules. There were lots of innovations, but kind of like with say Fable another super innovative game.

I didn't find it fun. I picked up Shen Mue II for Xbox when it was inexpensive. Played it a bit.

The most fun thing I found to do between both games was to go to the arcade and play Space Harrier.

I'm one of those people who while impressed by the huge tech leap forward Shen Mue was at the time (I bought the import for my Asian Dreamcast in 1999 and was wow'ed by the visual depth), feel like as a game it's not very fun and quite frankly I can't see why people have been so hyped to see part three.
--DragonmasterDan

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 03:09:48 AM »
It's gonna suck :(

Having played the first two games this is my expectation too.
--DragonmasterDan

bartre

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 11:22:33 AM »
I'm super excited right now.
I just wish there was a physical copy option for a console.

I'm just wondering what's gonna happen to the price of a copy of shenmue.
well, we all know, it's just how badly it's gonna get f*cked.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 11:35:44 AM by bartre »

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 03:12:53 PM »
I'd like an HD collection of the first 2.  I know they've mentioned it in the past.  I've never gotten around to beating them, so a collection would rock, especially if they kept the voice acting intact! :D

jtucci31

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 03:27:22 PM »
I've wanted to play Shenmue for a few years now but have been seriously slacking. I finally bought a copy about a year ago and disc one didn't work. Thankfully I'm able to get my hands on a copy of the first disc.

So now I really need to get to playing it and see if playing through the 2nd one to get to this is worth it for me. I'm too much of a slacker. Plus turbo always gets in the way.

This is cool news regardless!

jeffhlewis

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 05:14:28 PM »
If you're jumping into Shenmue 1 for the first time in 2015, you might struggle a little bit to get off the ground with it, simply due to age. It's worth sticking with it and beating it though. You have to keep in mind that the game literally invented a lot of the open 3D world gameplay mechanics that you probably take for granted these days.

I was busy toiling away with work until Bartre texted me with the news, at which point I dropped what I was doing and began throwing money at the computer. Couldn't be more excited to see a conclusion to the game, even if it's a ways off.

seieienbu

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 09:59:25 AM »
I very much liked Shenmue and Shenmue 2 but that's mostly due to the nostalgia I have of the times when I played them originally.  I haven't played either game in over a decade but I'll probably run through both in a couple of years before Shenmue 3 comes out just to make sure that I'm on the ball and remember everything that I'm supposed to.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

bartre

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 11:45:41 AM »
If you're jumping into Shenmue 1 for the first time in 2015, you might struggle a little bit to get off the ground with it, simply due to age. It's worth sticking with it and beating it though. You have to keep in mind that the game literally invented a lot of the open 3D world gameplay mechanics that you probably take for granted these days.

I was busy toiling away with work until Bartre texted me with the news, at which point I dropped what I was doing and began throwing money at the computer. Couldn't be more excited to see a conclusion to the game, even if it's a ways off.

Glad i could help

honestly though, we've already waited 13 years since #2 came out in the US.
i think we'll be alright :)

as far as i'm concerned, this game is $200 well spent.

vmorr

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 02:48:32 PM »
I hope if the dollars keep piling they decide to do up a PS4 physical release. I'd definitely pledge for it. With 30 days to go though I'm gonna hold off on backing, especially with an expected release date of December 2017.

A lot of preorders out there competing for my small bills right now.