Author Topic: Full PC-FX Set of Software For Sale  (Read 1878 times)

xelement5x

Full PC-FX Set of Software For Sale
« on: September 01, 2015, 07:43:35 AM »
This forum never gets posts so I figured I would throw out this auction I saw while browsing:

PC-FX soft all 62 pcs set bonus with free shipping
http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m138432912

GOGOGO!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Full PC-FX Set of Software For Sale
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 08:18:51 AM »
That looks super sexy, but $2000+?!?  Funk dat shit!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

elmer

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 11:56:03 AM »
Haha ... that seems like some serious gouging!  :roll:

filler

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 12:14:09 PM »
Honestly, that's about what I'd expect a full collection to cost. It's pretty reasonable if you want (and can afford) to grab the whole thing at once.

elmer

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 03:46:52 PM »
Honestly, that's about what I'd expect a full collection to cost. It's pretty reasonable if you want (and can afford) to grab the whole thing at once.

Ahhh ... I guess. I expect that you're right.

I just have trouble with the whole "instant-fan-collection-if-you're-rich-enough" way of doing things these days.  :roll:

MrBroadway

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 04:14:24 PM »

Ahhh ... I guess. I expect that you're right.

I just have trouble with the whole "instant-fan-collection-if-you're-rich-enough" way of doing things these days.  :roll:
Seconded. While the collectards were ooh-ing and aah-ing over that guy who bought ever US PS2 games, I shrugged my shoulders and thought that he basically burned cash.

xelement5x

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2015, 03:17:12 AM »
Yeah, concerning price I came to the conclusion it wasn't too far off.  The top like 10 expensive games for the system are almost half the overall price I think. 

It's nice to have a fullset, but buying the whole thing outright seems a killjoy.  Like the full Dreamcast bundle that recently ended for about $3700.  Sure you have it all, but are you actually going to play it or just put it in shelves and forget about it?
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2015, 03:32:56 AM »
After getting a boxed system and 17 games (including Zenki, Zeroigar, and Chip Chan Kick) for $500, it seems high for a lot.

esteban

Full PC-FX Set of Software For Sale
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2015, 05:24:28 AM »
After getting a boxed system and 17 games (including Zenki, Zeroigar, and Chip Chan Kick) for $500, it seems high for a lot.

Damn, I remember when you got that. I thought it was a lot of money.

Now, in perspective, it was a steal.

Of course,  I still don't have $500 to spare, so... :)
  |    | 

turboswimbz

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 01:07:30 PM »
cool set.  but yeah kinda of a 1 shot done deal, where is the fun in that.   Also it loses a bunch for me knowing a vast majority I could never appreciate with the language barrier.   

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Koop

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2015, 12:26:14 PM »
What are the chances the price will dramatically go up via multiple bids?

Elder

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2015, 01:00:12 PM »
Very cool.  Never did get a chance to pick this system up, but this is too rich for my blood.

xelement5x

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 09:31:36 AM »
What are the chances the price will dramatically go up via multiple bids?

I don't think anyone will bid.  It has been relisted at this price over and over at least since September when I originally posted. 

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 10:07:22 AM »
On the plus side, the price is down a good 10% due to currency value differences.

xelement5x

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2015, 07:22:14 AM »
On the plus side, the price is down a good 10% due to currency value differences.

Lol, it's a steal!