Author Topic: Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana PS4 & Vita  (Read 11209 times)

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
Re: Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana PS4 & Vita
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2018, 04:42:29 AM »
I wonder if that means NISA will make more limited editions for the Switch release then.

The website lists a limited edition of Dana for the Switch;

https://store.nisamerica.com/games/nintendo-switch/ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana-limited-edition-switch
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

seieienbu

« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2018, 05:55:12 AM »
I'm glad to see the translation patch got a date.  It looks like I'll be back playing Ys 8 in about 3 weeks.

As for the switch version?  I don't exactly see the point so I'm not really worried about it.  If there are Ys fans out there that own neither a Vita, a PS4, or a PC then good for them I guess?  It's definitely still not enough to get me interested in getting a switch.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2018, 06:01:30 AM »
I wonder if that means NISA will make more limited editions for the Switch release then.

The website lists a limited edition of Dana for the Switch;

https://store.nisamerica.com/games/nintendo-switch/ys-viii-lacrimosa-of-dana-limited-edition-switch

I JUST got the PS Vita version too... Jesus Christ!!

Guess I'm buying a second copy for Switch. 

Gredler

« Reply #168 on: January 11, 2018, 06:10:43 AM »
I for one am super stoked that this is being ported to switch. I know it's expensive for what it is (the system and accessories) but for me the functionality seems tailor fit to my lifestyle. I play off screen 70% of the time, but also have decent enough TVs that when I am able I prefer to play on the a TV.

I almost bought both the Vita and PS4 versions so I could have this functionality, and the combination of those systems is more than a Switch for the same functionality with only needing to purchase one copy of the game. The functionality is actually slightly better, since my Vita is on an old firmware and I don't want to update it, I would not be able to easily transfer the saves. Even with the fastest official Playstation functionality the switch is much more convenient and quick then shutting the game down, transferring saves, and reloading the game.

I know I should support the company and buy all 3, but I can't justify that, so this is a great option for me!

After the disappointing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 I am super stoked to know there's a grind of JRPG in my near future, besides the upcoming Octopath Traveler which is very odd looking but overly traditionally playing.

seieienbu

« Reply #169 on: January 11, 2018, 06:29:35 AM »
I guess I see the market definitely exists after all!  Enjoy Ys on the switch, gentlemen.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Digi.k

« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2018, 10:49:25 AM »
Looks like y’s Viii is coming to the switch later this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingDrool

« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2018, 01:10:11 PM »
Looks like y’s Viii is coming to the switch later this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the hot scoop. ;)
Games I Need: Bonk 3 (HuCard), Legend of Hero Tonma, Magical Chase, Soldier Blade, Super Air Zonk.

Got one to sell? PM me!

TR0N

« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2018, 05:38:22 PM »
I never did get around buying Ys VIII for the PS4.I may just buy it for switch then for that portability,letting me play the game any where.I did watch the nintendo direct earlier and it was a surprise,Ys VIII was getting a switch port.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Gypsy

« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2018, 12:22:31 AM »
Guys did you know YS VIII is getting a Switch port?  :lol:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2018, 01:11:13 AM »
No!  When did this get announced?!?

In related news, did you know skeletons go chicka-chicka-chicka?  :mrgreen:

http://www.nisamerica.com/sites/default/files/Ricotta%20Audio.mp3

(sorry, that never gets old for me)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Flare65

« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2018, 01:15:21 AM »
I have it on Vita.  I'll probably pick it up on Switch so I can play through it again on on a normal sized TV, but with all the other games in my backlog, I'll be buying this one used in about a year or two...  No rush on my end.

Gypsy

« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2018, 01:54:30 AM »
Now that the patch is coming soon I'm going to grab it for PS4. It should hold me over nicely for my modern gaming fix until Yakuza 6 comes out.

xelement5x

« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2018, 02:48:45 AM »
A friend mentioned to me that this means the Switch version will also probably ship with the updated voice/translations patch that's coming out January 30th, making it the definitive version as well. Ughhhh

And the NISA LE is similar but has some different stuff I guess, no bookends or poster but you get a letter opener!
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Gypsy

« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2018, 03:01:09 AM »
They really should release a patched PS4 disc and offer replacement discs (where you have to send in your old disc) but that's not gonna happen.

Gredler

« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2018, 08:16:17 AM »
I think it's worth noting the difference in visual quality and framerate between the various versions of Dragon Quest builders; the PS4 version is definitely the best, the vita version is a major downgrade with a worse framerate and much blurrier everything, and the switch version is so far a significant visual improvement over the Vita version running at a much higher framerate with much crispier visuals.

The Switch version of Ys8 could easily be the definitive portable version with a acceptable docked mode from the available hardware. Again, looking forward to it!