Author Topic: Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana PS4 & Vita  (Read 11115 times)

seieienbu

Re: Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana PS4 & Vita
« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2018, 08:29:19 AM »
A friend of mine was playing Ys 8 on a PS4 Pro on 4K.  It played at a super smooth 60 fps.  I'm curious if the Switch has any support for 4K yet?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2018, 08:45:06 AM »
I think it's worth noting the difference in visual quality and framerate between the various versions of Dragon Quest builders; the PS4 version is definitely the best, the vita version is a major downgrade with a worse framerate and much blurrier everything, and the switch version is so far a significant visual improvement over the Vita version running at a much higher framerate with much crispier visuals.

The Switch version of Ys8 could easily be the definitive portable version with a acceptable docked mode from the available hardware. Again, looking forward to it!

Uh, no.  I'd expect it to look better than the Vita version, at the very least running at a higher resolution, but it won't be superior to Ys VIII on PS4, PS4 Pro, or PC.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gredler

« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2018, 12:57:32 PM »
Uh, no.  I'd expect it to look better than the Vita version, at the very least running at a higher resolution, but it won't be superior to Ys VIII on PS4, PS4 Pro, or PC.

Correct, it will not render in 4k ever on switch. I wonder if any of the textures and or models were made with 4k in mind, or if it just renders at 4k with the same assets. Either way, must look bad ass! :)

Johnpv

« Reply #183 on: January 21, 2018, 09:01:39 AM »
So the PC version got delayed again, it seems that there were some calls being made that are on PS4 hardware but not found elsewhere.   Which I guess was causing framerate issues, so they've delayed the PC version and are handing it off to a different studio to finish the porting it seems.  The translation patch will still be out on the 30th.  Hopefully this means that all of this stuff is caught and the Switch version doesn't suffer from any of this.

turboswimbz

« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2018, 12:26:48 AM »
So the PC version got delayed again, it seems that there were some calls being made that are on PS4 hardware but not found elsewhere.   Which I guess was causing framerate issues, so they've delayed the PC version and are handing it off to a different studio to finish the porting it seems.  The translation patch will still be out on the 30th.  Hopefully this means that all of this stuff is caught and the Switch version doesn't suffer from any of this.

I'm kinda getting tired of waiting for the PC version, may get a refund and use it as reason to get the switch.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2018, 02:13:51 AM »
And they've still not updated their blog, which they started in an effort to be transparent and keep customers in the loop.  :lol:

What a shit company.  I hope Falcom never gives them anything else, as they've fully demonstrated that they're wildly incompetent and can't deliver what they promise.

xelement5x

« Reply #186 on: January 22, 2018, 03:26:22 AM »
Yeah, I was comparing the Switch LE to the PS4/Vita one and it really is a ripoff. 

For the same price you get:
NO Acrylic Bookends
NO Cloth Poster (33" x 40")
NO Steelbook Collector's Case

You still get a soundtrack, but it still doesn't look like the full OST since there's no tracklist mentioned and they only show one disc on the mockup. 

A much crappier looking outer box for everything, but your new bonus item is a replica sword letter opener.  which I expect to be made in China and about 5" long. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

turboswimbz

« Reply #187 on: January 22, 2018, 03:28:08 AM »
And they've still not updated their blog, which they started in an effort to be transparent and keep customers in the loop.  :lol:

What a shit company.  I hope Falcom never gives them anything else, as they've fully demonstrated that they're wildly incompetent and can't deliver what they promise.

Agreed this is what I think I hate the most, radio silence.  I mean I expect there to be issues, but it's always like a last minute thing, and it's getting quite tiresome.  However, I'm just hoping the payoff is a slightly more enjoyable experience. 

I know Xseed isn't exactly the most class act, but I've never had this issue with their stuff.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)

BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere.

You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Spenoza: The wannabe masculinity just overwhelms.

Gredler

« Reply #188 on: January 22, 2018, 05:26:59 AM »
...comparing the Switch LE to the PS4/Vita one and it really is a ripoff. ..

Agreed, I might be buying this digitally so it's just always on my switch, and then try to snake a PS4/Vita LE down the road if I want the extras.

Ah dang yeah the hardware is so different for the switch, I hope they are taking the time to QA the game properly, and we don't end up with a buggy or frame rate mess like Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Digi.k

« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2018, 07:33:03 AM »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #190 on: May 01, 2018, 08:57:35 AM »
Anyone been paying attention to the PC release?  Even though they delayed the hell out of it, the game is still a buggy piece of junk.

NISA sucks.  I hope Falcom blackballs 'em.

geise

« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2018, 02:45:42 PM »
I have not played it yet. I want to just finish it on ps4 then get on the pc release. The buggy shit is mostly from people who commented before the patches. There are a good amount of comments from people that have had little to no issues with the game.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2018, 02:39:39 AM »
No - the bug comments are since it went live and have been officially acknowledged by NISA as being worked on.  There's problems with the monitor resolutions and vsync, poor frame rates, controller recognition and input errors, object shadows not working correctly, stuttering audio, flickering visuals, text box display problems, and crashing.  Some of 'em have improved in the last two weeks, but they're not all fixed yet and it's pathetic that it was delayed for more than half a year and STILL had so many issues.

Strider77

« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2018, 12:46:29 PM »
Ehhh I kinda think it was blown a little out of proportion.  Most people seem to think the script wasn't that bad. 

Yes and no.  A machine translated game is perfectly playable and far better than nothing, but Ys deserves better, especially when they're being paid well to do the job.  Apparently Falcom agrees, as it's them that pushed for the retranslation; NISA would've gladly saved the money and kept the half-assed work they're known for and proud of.

Was definitely blown out of proportion...

wiseau

« Reply #194 on: May 08, 2018, 07:26:02 PM »
They should have just let xseed keep it, NISA has proven again and again that they're never in any danger of giving a single f*ck.