Author Topic: Turbografx-16 & PC-Engine Reproduction Hucards & Cases Now for Sale!!!!  (Read 22168 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Turbografx-16 & PC-Engine Reproduction Hucards Now for Sale!!!!
« Reply #195 on: May 17, 2016, 08:37:39 AM »
Masses can play Magical Chase thanks to emulation for free anyway, so you're not some kind of Robinhood.

I thought you were done here.  :lol:

.... like I'm some kind of idiot for having a different opinion than you.

You're not an idiot for a differing opinion, you're an idiot for ignoring the fact that there are reasons beyond profit margins for people's Tobias hate.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

jlued686

« Reply #196 on: May 17, 2016, 08:43:39 AM »
Man, Nightwolve, you are like the Olympic Gold Medalist of online arguing. It truly is a marvel.

NightWolve

« Reply #197 on: May 17, 2016, 08:51:14 AM »
Thank you, I try. ;)

You see what's happening here, he wants to be an "avenger" for what he feels were past PCEFX "unjust persecutions" of people we dislike/hate like Tobias and SmokeMonster (bootleggers/resellers), versus how we treat people we like such as turbokon/Steve who don't have lying fraud, forged documents, sins of omissions to pump up an auction, etc. on their records. He demands equal treatment of unequal cases/characters/tactics...

It's the same sort of complaint about how forum veterans/regulars are treated better versus newbies; of course I treat my friends and family better than some stranger on the street, hence why veteran forum members get more respect than somebody that just showed up here throwing his/her weight around...

shubibiman

« Reply #198 on: May 17, 2016, 09:07:07 AM »
Masses can play Magical Chase thanks to emulation for free anyway, so you're not some kind of Robinhood.

I thought you were done here.  :lol:

I just couldn't let that message unanswered.
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

mickcris

« Reply #199 on: May 17, 2016, 09:13:42 AM »
deleting this crap post. sorry
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 02:02:17 AM by mickcris »

esteban

« Reply #200 on: May 17, 2016, 09:20:03 AM »
FINAL RESOLUTION: Tobias is still a douchebag. Turbokon is not a douchebag. Thank you.
  |    | 

jlued686

« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2016, 09:31:09 AM »
FINAL RESOLUTION: Tobias is still a douchebag. Turbokon is not a douchebag. Thank you.

<----

NightWolve

« Reply #202 on: May 17, 2016, 10:19:31 AM »
i also dont think these "reproduction" carts should be sold either.  just because they are your friends doesn't make it right.  but that is just my opinion.  they are going to be sold regardless and that is fine.  but i do think they are going to trick some people into paying higher prices for them than they are worth like people reselling the pce works discs.

I was never really against unlicensed repros/bootlegs for de facto abandonware/out-of-print retro games (no moral harm!) as I think you'd have be a stickler to demand waiting out the full 50/75 years for the copyright to expire before doing them when the company no longer cares and has long since moved on to modern consoles/systems. I'd have to be totally against piracy to take that position which I'm not, my hands aren't clean, so it'd be hypocritical, but the point is, don't confuse/conflate hate/criticism of Tobias given his history as opposition to repros/bootlegs in general and pretend that we're now showing different standards for people here on that basis that aren't lying, document-forging, sneaky dicks in this hypocrisy-pursuit of yours where the facts have to bend to fit your desired narrative!

I'm NOT gonna treat turbokon and Tobias (let alone SmokeMonster) the same as you essentially demand, because they're NOT the same! And if you truly are against all repros/bootlegs in all cases, every time, good luck with that, and I trust you didn't buy a Turbo Everdrive (unlicensed/illegal product) and download ROMs (also illegal) or anything else in the past then because, news flash, websites that collectively allow free downloads of copyrighted materials spread it by the millions daily and do the most damage versus the slow distribution of a few hundred pieces of plastic a fan could produce...

The idea that the unlicensed plastic is worse than the millions of unlicensed daily downloads is based on jealousy if the plastic-producer makes a profit and the notion that the free pirate distributors did it for the love of it, and not of money, yet they're the ultimate damage to the copyright holder in terms of mass-destruction of legit buying-potential (assuming official product is still on retail shelves)!

P.S. A region disabler is also an unlicensed product and the console manufacturer would never give you legal permission to produce one as it disables a feature they intentionally added to their product, so I assume you have also avoided such devices and not helped unlicensed fan makers profit from such work...

but i was not trying to be an avenger for those other people.

When you attempt a sympathy play by stating that [Poor] "SmokeMonster got torn a new one", when you exploit the present support for turbokon juxtaposed against Smokey and his auction to suggest he was wronged in some way, when you distort/lie about the reasons for the anger at his auction to fit your narrative, yeah, you're being an "avenger" or "white knight" on his behalf... Apparently you might really think that's not what you're doing...

So, you would limit the characterization of what you're doing as say just "using him" for your hypocrisy-pursuit ?

i know i said i was not going to post again, but i am.

Right, was not hard to predict as much... Heh.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 12:21:47 PM by NightWolve »

mickcris

« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2016, 10:28:58 AM »
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 02:02:28 AM by mickcris »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2016, 10:42:03 AM »
You can make a distinction on  how they are different by who is selling them if you want.

Willfully ignorant to the end, eh?  :lol:

mickcris

« Reply #205 on: May 17, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 02:02:38 AM by mickcris »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #206 on: May 17, 2016, 11:07:50 AM »
If that's what you want to call it  :)

The only other options are saying you're a troll, stupid, or just a plain old a$$hole.

mickcris

« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2016, 11:19:20 AM »

The only other options are saying you're a troll, stupid, or just a plain old a$$hole.

Fine, i'm an a$$hole.  Really I should have just let it go and not responded to NightWolf in the 1st place.  This was not the thread for this discussion.

esteban

Turbografx-16 & PC-Engine Reproduction Hucards Now for Sale!!!!
« Reply #208 on: May 17, 2016, 11:36:12 AM »

Fine, i'm an a$$hole.  Really I should have just let it go and not responded to NightWolf in the 1st place.  This was not the thread for this discussion.

The most divisive threads have been about Tobias/repros/profiteering.

If there is one thing Tobias can relish, it would be the fact that merely mentioning his name (and his past activities) bring out pain and frustration.

This is bad for us, of course.

It was nearly a year ago when I myself got caught up in an ugly thread about Tobias (and issues surrounding repros/profiteering).

Anyway... Don't let this one topic/thread stop you from enjoying the crazy shite in other threads.

:)
  |    | 

mickcris

« Reply #209 on: May 17, 2016, 11:43:16 AM »
It's all good.  I just feel bad about thread crapping turbokon's sales thread with this nonsense.  which I realize I should not have done and I am sorry turbokon and thesteve.  I just got caught up in the argument and I agree that NightWolf is a lot better at that than I am. :)

edit:

I deleted my posts in here.   not trying to hide what i said as its still quoted in nightwolves posts for all to see.  i admit that most of my argument was bullshit and i was wrong.  nightwolve just for some reason got under my skin yesterday and i let my diarrhea of the keyboard get the best of me.  again i apologize for all who had to read that, especially turbokon, thesteve, braap, and nightwolve.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 02:10:50 AM by mickcris »