Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 24480 times)

DragonmasterDan

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2016, 08:22:48 AM »
I'd love them to do:

Scott  pilgrim vs the world
Duke Nukem (since the PC port is now on PSN)
Maiden of Blackwater (come on Nintendo snubbing NA with digital only?)
Mega man 9&10
Some kind of TG-16/Neo Geo compilation of the digital games available
Fez

You know stuff at the caliber of the Odd World which to date feels like the onlly highly polished game they have released physically.

Castle Crashers
--DragonmasterDan

xelement5x

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 08:26:08 AM »
You would surprised how many IP holders they have talked to that are reluctant about doing a Limited Release like this. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Medic_wheat

« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2016, 08:51:34 AM »
You would surprised how many IP holders they have talked to that are reluctant about doing a Limited Release like this.

I'd be interested to read up on it. Any links?  Also what were the IP holders reason(s) for declining? 

My assumption is that it would just add the IP holders money to have the game re-released in physical formate. Apart from getting royalties and maybe a copy of the game they wouldn't loose out on anythjng. At lest nothing I can readily think of.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2016, 09:02:06 AM »
Number 13 looks good to me.

Lost at sea
Octo dad

Pass for me

xelement5x

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2016, 10:54:03 AM »

I'd be interested to read up on it. Any links?  Also what were the IP holders reason(s) for declining? 

My assumption is that it would just add the IP holders money to have the game re-released in physical formate. Apart from getting royalties and maybe a copy of the game they wouldn't loose out on anythjng. At lest nothing I can readily think of.

Just from what I've heard from them talking with folks on Twitter and on forums.  They approach a lot of devs at trade shows and are always trying to strike a deal if possible.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Medic_wheat

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2016, 11:18:00 AM »
I I heard something about them going to the show "shark tank" to find investors to grow their business.  Which was on Twitter when I heard people talking to them about their appearance on the show.

cardboardzero

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2016, 03:29:06 PM »
Does anyone even play the games these guys release?  All I see is people buying as many copies as they can so they can jack the price up.  Oddworld looked ok, but some of the others?  Saturday morning rpg and breach and clear looked terrible.
And every time I drive down the road I wanna jerk the wheel into a god damn bridge embankment!!

Medic_wheat

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2016, 03:42:15 PM »
Does anyone even play the games these guys release?  All I see is people buying as many copies as they can so they can jack the price up.  Oddworld looked ok, but some of the others?  Saturday morning rpg and breach and clear looked terrible.

Can't speak others.

Personally I am just trying to snatch up "fun" vita games. Odd world is the first game I honestly wanted. I did pick up Saturday morning RPG but that was because the eBay listing was only $20 more then the MSRP. Figured what the hell.

Granted I ended up sending that copy ask to limited run. Long story short it wasn't suppose to be sold to the public and it was leaked (the version I had). They are sending me a replacement and probably a extra goodie.

If I was in it for the rare value of it all then I would have probably kept the rare promo one I had. But I am not. I just like the idea of having a physical copy of certain digital only games. Sure I have a host of digital games but I loath that they are digital only.

Take the respelled TMNT game. Which I know I am in the minority of liking.  You can't buy it any more. And it wasn't even offered very log digitly. That urked me. Knowing there are many other people who possibly will never have the ability to play this game because it is digital only. And for many digital only games some that are actually pretty great. Eventually they may never be available for people to play or those who "own" them may one day be unable to access them.

It's why I activity pursue games even if they are re-released or as a bonus disk of digital only expanded content for other games.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2016, 06:18:42 PM »
I'm buying the Vita games I know I want & will play.  I know nothing of Octodad, I'll have to research it.

Gypsy

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2016, 11:29:27 PM »
They've at least tried to make it so you can only buy one or two copies each, rather than letting gougers buy dozens just to flip.

The next one is Octodad and comes out on Father's Day, so odds are I'll be skipping it.

Very much skipping Octodad myself. Out of all the games currently on tap I'm really hoping to get Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype.

I was going to play Oddworld but it's not PSTV compatible. So now I just have to wait until I get a PS4.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:31:41 PM by Gypsy »

HailingTheThings

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2016, 10:55:07 AM »
I was going to play Oddworld but it's not PSTV compatible. So now I just have to wait until I get a PS4.

All Limited Run Games are supposed to be pstv compatible. Where'd you get that info?

Gypsy

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2016, 11:10:48 AM »

All Limited Run Games are supposed to be pstv compatible. Where'd you get that info?

I put it into my PSTV and it didn't work. Maybe it's been fixed now?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2016, 11:19:16 AM »
f*ck, don't tell me Oddworld won't play!  :cry:

Does anyone even play the games these guys release?

I will eventually.  Though it ended up as a needless gesture, I bought the first one (Breach & Clear) just to support the company and in hopes that they'd do more/better games in the future; I got the second one (Saturday Morning RPG) because it looked fun and I'm a sucker for RPGs; and I bought the third title (Oddworld) because I loved playing it back in the day on PC.  I skipped Futuridium, though, and can't get too excited for the next few releases: Xeodrifter, Octodad, Lost Sea (no Vita version anyway), or Soldner - X2.  I'd be more willing to buy if there wasn't so dang many of 'em, but I ain't gonna shell out $30 every two weeks.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gypsy

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2016, 11:26:17 AM »
Well this made me curious I went to google to see if maybe I just did something wrong.

http://www.reviews2go.com/playstation-tv-non-compatible-game-list-north-america/
https://www.reddit.com/r/VitaTV/comments/41s7sx/oddworld_new_n_tasty_not_compatible_at_launch/

So it looks like it definitely isn't compatible, unless something has changed recently.

Also I can't help but to agree with Necromancer. Their release schedule is very active. If they were releasing better games then I could buy them, but they aren't. I'll likely buy Soldner and CSH but not Octodad or Xeodrifter (not sure on this yet but I still don't even have a ps4).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 11:28:13 AM by Gypsy »

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2016, 11:41:09 AM »
Pffucckerins!  I hope they patch that mo-fo, else I'm gonna have two games in my meager collection that I can't even play..... until I get a real Vita.

Boo-urns on LRG for not being upfront about the incompatibility.  (or boo to me for not paying attention)
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles