Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25406 times)

BlueBMW

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #135 on: August 23, 2016, 04:46:18 PM »
If they did pre-orders it takes away from the ZOMG RARE LIMITED! L@@K! factor that they are relying upon right now.  The resellers would be salty indeed if they just started selling to meet demand.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Gypsy

« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2016, 01:44:21 AM »
If they did pre-orders it takes away from the ZOMG RARE LIMITED! L@@K! factor that they are relying upon right now.  The resellers would be salty indeed if they just started selling to meet demand.

Indeed. They should just release better games and do presales, but lol.

Flare65

« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2016, 01:50:38 AM »
A lot of the games they release are hit or miss for me.  Some of them just look like shovelware.  Maybe I'm over generalizing since I have not played them, but OctoDad and some of the other releases just just don't appeal to me.  Shooters like Soldner X2 do appeal to me.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2016, 02:38:21 AM »
People bitch about the quality of the games, but exactly which fantastic download only gems are being overlooked?  They're just publishers, so don't expect them to code their own AAA titles or import and translate some Japan only goodies.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Medic_wheat

« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2016, 03:36:22 AM »
I suspect everyone here has a wish list of digital only games made available since the Xbox Live/PSN/Wii e shop came into existence.

Granted some games possibly can never be resurrected due to lose of licensing rights or the developer having gone out of business.

Example of that for me is the remade Turles Reshelled.

I have it on my PS3 and honestly enjoyed it for what it was. Lead me to buy the SNES and Genesis ports after plowing through Reshelled. But the developer I believe is out of business and the only way for people to play this game is if they had bought it the same year it was available. As I believe it was no longer available to buy after the first year released.

To me that would be closer to "preserving video games on physical media" as LRG's has been touted doing. However like I said it's not about to happen for many games due to when the game was released, developers no longer existing, and lisence expering.

Another example would be Marvel vs Capcom 2 HD. That's not available for licensing reasons as well.

Gypsy

« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2016, 01:15:22 AM »
My comment was due to their own previous reasoning for not doing presales. Like anyone else I've liked some games they have put out and not others.

Fwiw they recently did acquire a Japanese developed game, but I am assuming that they are not doing the translation work.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #141 on: September 19, 2016, 07:15:08 AM »
Well looks like Likited Run games just announced the next two games I want.

BlueBMW

« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2016, 07:17:06 AM »
Theres only one game out there that is digital only that I'd love to see a physical release of...

Nights HD (PS3/Steam)

Make that a physical release and you can have my moneys.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

sirhcman

« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2016, 07:51:33 AM »
Theres only one game out there that is digital only that I'd love to see a physical release of...

Nights HD (PS3/Steam)

Hey its on Xbox 360 Arcade as well! :P

Gypsy

« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2016, 09:12:23 AM »

Yeah I was pretty happy to see these get announced. Will be trying to order them for sure. LRG mentioned they will have pretty good sized runs, 6k each being the goal.

TheClash603

« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2016, 03:39:17 PM »

Yeah I was pretty happy to see these get announced. Will be trying to order them for sure. LRG mentioned they will have pretty good sized runs, 6k each being the goal.

Great game series, definitely the best thing LRG has released.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #146 on: September 21, 2016, 12:58:19 AM »

Nights HD (PS3/Steam)

No Outrun HD?
--DragonmasterDan

Medic_wheat

« Reply #147 on: September 21, 2016, 05:04:36 AM »

Nights HD (PS3/Steam)

No Outrun HD?

That after burn game for the PSN was also interesting. Based on game sack game play.

GohanX

« Reply #148 on: September 21, 2016, 11:31:34 AM »
Afterburner Climax was the shit!

TR0N

« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2016, 11:55:06 AM »

Finally the games that i would buy from LRG.So i went ahead and made a account there i all ways wanted a physical release for those shantae titles.I remember when they did the run for retro city rampage and i missed out on it,which flippers took advantage of.Still at least vblankentertainment did there own run recently and i was able to get a copy finally.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec