Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25425 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #195 on: December 16, 2016, 02:31:51 AM »
I missed out.  I hate their piece of shit website that says there's hundreds of copies left, but the cupboard is bare when you go to checkout.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Medic_wheat

« Reply #196 on: December 16, 2016, 03:02:16 AM »
I was able to get both games. Mind you I hovered around like a hawk before the sale went live and was loaded in. If that made any doffernace.

Interestingly enough I noticed when I went to check out I was told I was "waiting in line" to complete the checkout process.

I saw they had a three pack bundle for the odd world. It seemed interesting only for the blue variant cover which I liked more then the other two. But not enough to buy three copies of the same game. So I'll probably just custom print the cover I liked and slide it over the one I get.

bartre

« Reply #197 on: December 16, 2016, 05:30:44 AM »
I missed out.  I hate their piece of shit website that says there's hundreds of copies left, but the cupboard is bare when you go to checkout.

I ordered the triple pack cuz I wanted the blue one - I'll trade you a copy if you miss out this afternoon.

Gypsy

« Reply #198 on: December 16, 2016, 06:04:33 AM »

I ordered the triple pack cuz I wanted the blue one - I'll trade you a copy if you miss out this afternoon.

I have one going to a friend at cost already. The other might be spoken for as well as someone else I know was trying to order same time as me and got hosed like Necro. 500 in stock but still can't check out because herp derp system.

I was able to get both games. Mind you I hovered around like a hawk before the sale went live and was loaded in. If that made any doffernace.

Interestingly enough I noticed when I went to check out I was told I was "waiting in line" to complete the checkout process.

I saw they had a three pack bundle for the odd world. It seemed interesting only for the blue variant cover which I liked more then the other two. But not enough to buy three copies of the same game. So I'll probably just custom print the cover I liked and slide it over the one I get.

My friend and I were logged into LRG and paypal beforehand. Both of us got it in the cart within half a minute. I was able to check out and my friend wasn't. Seems like luck of the draw.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #199 on: December 16, 2016, 10:06:59 AM »
I managed to get one this time, but thanks for the kind offer bartre.

Gypsy

« Reply #200 on: December 16, 2016, 10:17:06 AM »

I'm happy for ya.

My last extra will indeed be going to my friend. This was an insane round of LRG madness.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #201 on: December 16, 2016, 10:21:24 AM »
It was fun watching the remaining inventory number bounce around when I was tapping F5 and waiting for the sale to open.  It's either inaccurate and nigh useless or they're gaming the system.

Gypsy

« Reply #202 on: December 16, 2016, 10:23:41 AM »
I noticed that as well. I was thinking some shenanigans (LRG pulling stock for cons and black friday maybe) or people somehow punking the system and getting orders in.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #203 on: December 16, 2016, 11:58:44 AM »
I noticed that as well. I was thinking some shenanigans (LRG pulling stock for cons and black friday maybe) or people somehow punking the system and getting orders in.

I find it funny that LRG claims this isn't the case (people buying up games before the sale goes live).

I also find it frustrating when they will not answer questions regarding number of stock or if certain Vita released games are ps tv comparable.

Gypsy

« Reply #204 on: December 16, 2016, 12:57:44 PM »
They started out fairly responsive but then turned into gigantic dbags. I mean, they have to deal with lots of idiots sure but that's no excuse.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #205 on: December 16, 2016, 01:02:29 PM »
They started out fairly responsive but then turned into gigantic dbags. I mean, they have to deal with lots of idiots sure but that's no excuse.

In a way it's almost a sign of success. Inability to answer and response seems to show how many people comment, message, and retreat them daily.

Gypsy

« Reply #206 on: December 16, 2016, 01:11:27 PM »
Agree. The success went straight to their heads.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2016, 07:01:33 PM »
Totally missed it in the morning due to...who knows why.  Tried 3 different ways of ordering it, but once I would go to checkout....it was sold out!  Later I used my dad's phone(since I don't have a smart phone yet) & nabbed it with 28 copies remaining!  Yikes!

bartre

« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2016, 09:55:57 PM »
great - I'll find another home for it

Gypsy

« Reply #209 on: December 17, 2016, 01:27:17 AM »
Totally missed it in the morning due to...who knows why.  Tried 3 different ways of ordering it, but once I would go to checkout....it was sold out! Later I used my dad's phone(since I don't have a smart phone yet) & nabbed it with 28 copies remaining! Yikes!

I didn't even think ordering was possible at this point. More or less anyway.