Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25389 times)

Gypsy

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #255 on: February 05, 2017, 02:47:49 AM »
I think Swapper looks fairly interesting. Nice looking platformer with puzzles. Maybe I'm missing something?

Time they have released a few other games with similar if not identical game play to swapper. Volume comes to mind. So I didn't feel the urge to buy it. Curses looked different and more fun. Very arcade like with the whole score aspect and single screen game play.

Yeah I ended up getting CnC but not Swapper.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2017, 02:53:31 AM »
So I got Aqua Kitty DX yesterday, and it came with a loyalty reward ticket.  It mentions this page, but so far it just says to check back later.  Anyone know anything about it?  Can I save up my tickets for a free limited edition energy drink or rubber stake dildo?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Gypsy

« Reply #257 on: February 07, 2017, 07:45:40 AM »
So I got Aqua Kitty DX yesterday, and it came with a loyalty reward ticket.  It mentions this page, but so far it just says to check back later.  Anyone know anything about it?  Can I save up my tickets for a free limited edition energy drink or rubber stake dildo?

They haven't even shipped my Aqua Kitteh yet, such variance.

Anyway they mentioned they would be implementing something like this awhile ago. Given that everything will be "free" I wouldn't expect too much.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #258 on: February 08, 2017, 05:36:01 PM »

Hmmm, I didn't get a loyalty dealy....wierd.

Gypsy

« Reply #259 on: February 09, 2017, 12:17:17 AM »

I think it depends on how many of their games you have been buying, so if you've been skipping the turds it's less likely.

Flare65

« Reply #260 on: February 09, 2017, 01:03:57 AM »

I think it depends on how many of their games you have been buying, so if you've been skipping the turds it's less likely.

And there have been a lot of turds......

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #261 on: February 09, 2017, 01:20:29 AM »

The threshold can't be too high, as Aqua Kitty DX was only the sixth game (out of 37) of theirs that I've bought.

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #262 on: February 09, 2017, 06:41:01 PM »
I found the envelope & looked inside, & there was a little ticket floating around in there!  Not sure I'll ever use these things, have to just wait n' see what they offer.

bartre

« Reply #263 on: February 10, 2017, 07:21:32 AM »
I found the envelope & looked inside, & there was a little ticket floating around in there!  Not sure I'll ever use these things, have to just wait n' see what they offer.
yeah, i got two in my package (two games i'm guessing)
curious what they're gonna do.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #264 on: February 10, 2017, 07:41:40 AM »
An update from the page linked above:

Quote from: Limited Run Games
Thank you for being a loyal Limited Run Games fan. You're likely here because you've gotten a loyalty ticket with one of your orders. We are hard at work on creating an order form for you to redeem your tickets. The order form should be available by February 17th, 2017.

With loyalty tickets, you will be able to get your hands on exclusive merchandise like key chains, t-shirts, hoodies, stickers, and variant cover games.

Please note that loyalty tickets are non-transferable and have no monetary value. We reserve the right to cancel the loyalty ticket program at any time.

xelement5x

« Reply #265 on: February 10, 2017, 08:13:42 AM »
I wonder if you will have to mail in your tickets to redeem stuff.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #266 on: February 10, 2017, 08:33:17 AM »
Since they say they're non-transferable, that must mean they keep track of the ticket numbers, so you wouldn't need to turn them over as proof.  They could still require it, though, knowing that many collectards would rather keep the ticket as part of a 'complete' copy, thus never redeeming them and costing LRG money.

bartre

« Reply #267 on: February 10, 2017, 09:40:35 AM »
Quote from: Limited Run Games
With loyalty tickets, you will be able to get your hands on exclusive merchandise like key chains, t-shirts, hoodies, stickers, and variant cover games.

f*cking hell man.
that's the dumbest thing ever.
i mean, a free game? sure.
but an exclusive version? nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

also, LRG might be getting some competition-
http://specialreservegames.com.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/

Gypsy

« Reply #268 on: February 22, 2017, 06:19:07 AM »
They announced some games today: Pang Adventures, Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae and Astebreed.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #269 on: February 22, 2017, 07:10:18 AM »
Pang is a dotemu game, so there's hope that LRG will do a physical version of Ys Origin (assuming dotemu won't themselves).  :pray: