Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25366 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #375 on: April 27, 2017, 07:16:28 PM »
Heh, the one John Madden I actually care about!  I beat the game, never cared about SNES/Genny/etc. JM's.  Actually, I like that it doesn't use real stats & such.  I feel like that's what makes every real sports game totally outdated a year later & worth a nickel.......at best!

Seriously though, ICFTD, that'd be cool.  If anything I'd like to see remastered from Sega CD/Turbo CD/PS1 is Snatcher along with Policenaughts, though only the latter got an official english release.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #376 on: April 28, 2017, 09:32:27 AM »
That would be awesome. You're old, fat John Madden. You must go on an adventure to accomplish... whatever. You fight battles and all of your weapons are tools from Ace Hardware.

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #377 on: April 28, 2017, 09:38:05 AM »
That would be awesome. You're old, fat John Madden. You must go on an adventure to accomplish... whatever. You fight battles and all of your weapons are tools from Ace Hardware.

This isn't a game. It's my life
--DragonmasterDan

Gypsy

« Reply #378 on: April 28, 2017, 11:42:35 AM »

Would buy.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #379 on: April 28, 2017, 11:45:25 AM »
Well I got the Darius standered. 

I still kinda wish I just bought the play Asia Vita copy. Hmm. Not sure. Might use it for trade bait for Vita games.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:48:34 AM by Medic_wheat »

esteban

« Reply #380 on: April 28, 2017, 01:07:19 PM »

This isn't a game. It's my life

:)
  |    | 

TheClash603

« Reply #381 on: April 29, 2017, 09:11:28 AM »

BOOM!  Tough actin' Tinactin.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #382 on: May 02, 2017, 12:04:48 PM »
Special Reserve Games.

Ahem. STRAFF!

Do you remember this video and the hilarity?

Well you should there was a thread dedicated to it here.

Well a competitior to Limited Run Games is taking pre-orders for physical PS4 and PC (bundle options as well) for it.

https://www.specialreservegames.com

Pros

Pre orders seem to be their MO (this is their second game, the first was PC only port of shadow warrior 2)

You can still pre order the game and their first release is also still available if you are interested (I am not I will get the PS4 copy eventually).

I heard of this company awhile back however Limited Run actually sent out a email today promoting these guys. So that was cool.

Cons

Limited run is cross promoting this new company. Why is this a con? Because Limited Run is releasing a variant cover of the PS4 release later in May.

Even with the pre order it looks like STRAFF is limited to 2,00 copies. Unclear if this is for Limited Runs  Ariana cover or the pre Oder as well.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:08:48 PM by Medic_wheat »

Medic_wheat

« Reply #383 on: May 02, 2017, 12:22:01 PM »

Slight update

« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 04:55:40 AM by Medic_wheat »

Punch

« Reply #384 on: May 03, 2017, 04:35:35 AM »
"Limited Run"
"Special Reserve"

Come on guys.

(also lol at the RAD game running widescreen on a 4:3 CRT monitor)

Medic_wheat

« Reply #385 on: May 03, 2017, 04:58:35 AM »
"Limited Run"
"Special Reserve"

Come on guys.

Yeah I am slightly confused as  to the nature of their partnership. Something just seems like this new company is a porpriatsry.

Like how the PepsiCo also owns Lipton and Starbucks.

crazydean

« Reply #386 on: May 03, 2017, 07:45:55 AM »
"Limited Run"
"Special Reserve"

Come on guys.

I can't believe that Night Trap is the game they chose to re-release. Didn't know there were so many people who liked this game.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

glazball

« Reply #387 on: May 05, 2017, 03:35:20 AM »
I can't believe that Night Trap is the game they chose to re-release. Didn't know there were so many people who liked this game.

There isn't.  All of these nubs who are acting apeshit about this release - if they even actually open the copy they buy - are going to find out it is not a great game.  I honestly never thought I'd see the day that FMV gets any kind of lovin' again.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

Punch

« Reply #388 on: May 05, 2017, 05:11:22 AM »

There isn't.  All of these nubs who are acting apeshit about this release - if they even actually open the copy they buy - are going to find out it is not a great game.  I honestly never thought I'd see the day that FMV gets any kind of lovin' again.

Most buyers are generally 20 something hipsters who bought it for the ironic irony, ironically (which is usually all about liking something dumb and being too much of a pussy to say "I actually like this!", or, in this case, just bandwagoning).

Hipsters and artificial short supplies, a match made in heaven

GohanX

« Reply #389 on: May 05, 2017, 12:14:25 PM »
I would legit like a release of Sewer Shark. It's terrible too, but it's entertaining and you could probably turn the rat shooting into a decent game if you tried.