Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25345 times)

Medic_wheat

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #390 on: May 05, 2017, 04:02:31 PM »
I would legit like a release of Sewer Shark. It's terrible too, but it's entertaining and you could probably turn the rat shooting into a decent game if you tried.

Second.

I have fond memories of playing sewer shark and night trap at my cousins house  (my cousin being 6 years older then me and having this cooo sega cd thingy lol).

I get so "grown up" playing his genesis games and being amazed by cd games and FMV life like graphics.

Keeping in mind that st the time I still rocked my hand me down NES.

ChuChu Flamingo

« Reply #391 on: May 06, 2017, 07:32:59 PM »
Night trap isn't a good game,but it does have a certain charm if you want to get laughs. I think what pisses me off most about it is you need to rush all the scenes/not see them to get the best ending/even get a decent ending.

Additionally, their kickstarter was a total shitshow. They could easily fix the problem above and it would play better (I use that term lightly since it is a fmv game).

TDIRunner

« Reply #392 on: May 08, 2017, 04:31:59 AM »
If they are remaking Night Trap, it would be nice if they would offer some type of bonus feature that would allow you to watch all of the scenes without worrying about catching the monsters.  As someone already said, if you want to be good at the game, you have to miss most of the "good" scenes.  Although, I'm guessing that already exists on YouTube somewhere. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

geise

« Reply #393 on: May 08, 2017, 11:29:11 AM »
That would be awesome. You're old, fat John Madden. You must go on an adventure to accomplish... whatever. You fight battles and all of your weapons are tools from Ace Hardware.
Hell yes and your super weapon is tough actin' tinactin. Every time you use it he goes BOOM!

esteban

Limited Run Games
« Reply #394 on: May 08, 2017, 01:49:56 PM »
That would be awesome. You're old, fat John Madden. You must go on an adventure to accomplish... whatever. You fight battles and all of your weapons are tools from Ace Hardware.
Hell yes and your super weapon is tough actin' tinactin. Every time you use it he goes BOOM!

And you get powerups (Hammer, level, electrical tape, power drill, etc.) from ACE hardware.

Wait, did he donads for ACE Hardware?

Or am I thinking of some other bastard?
  |    | 

TR0N

« Reply #395 on: May 09, 2017, 08:43:20 PM »
Damn you LRG !!! They get the physical release for wonderboy the dragons trap.
http://www.limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/wonder-boy-the-dragons-trap

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

DragonmasterDan

« Reply #396 on: May 09, 2017, 08:54:42 PM »

I can't believe that Night Trap is the game they chose to re-release. Didn't know there were so many people who liked this game.

It's nostalgic. The game itself isn't that fun to play, but it's a strange time capsule of late 80s sensibilities mixed with fond memories of the early days of CD-ROM based gaming. Is it that fun? No.

Do I find it to be incredibly charming? Yes
--DragonmasterDan

schweaty

« Reply #397 on: May 10, 2017, 01:52:48 AM »

Is it still "limited run" if play-asia is taking pre-orders for the same games?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #398 on: May 10, 2017, 02:10:10 AM »

I assume there's won't also be NA region, so yes.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

schweaty

« Reply #399 on: May 10, 2017, 03:08:12 AM »

I believe the ps4 is region free and play-asia advertises wonderboy and Ys origin as multi-language.  Will there be any difference in the gaming experience for NA players?

Gypsy

« Reply #400 on: May 10, 2017, 05:15:35 AM »

I believe the ps4 is region free and play-asia advertises wonderboy and Ys origin as multi-language.  Will there be any difference in the gaming experience for NA players?

Yes the LRG version will be numbered for collectards. Also they will remain unopened. Key differences right thurrrr.  :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

geise

« Reply #401 on: May 10, 2017, 06:35:40 AM »

Well there goes any chance of people being able to get it without hitting f5 to pre-order. That's a game that shouldn't be in a limited release.

Oh a few weeks ago I went to the East Coast Gaming conference in Raleigh, NC.  Limited Run games was there selling their warez.  The CEO of LRG and Mighty Rabbit was there to give a session on how to keep your game company afloat.  Also, they were selling games that were "sold out" on their site at the conference.

schweaty

« Reply #402 on: May 10, 2017, 07:03:06 AM »

Well there goes any chance of people being able to get it without hitting f5 to pre-order. That's a game that shouldn't be in a limited release.

Oh a few weeks ago I went to the East Coast Gaming conference in Raleigh, NC.  Limited Run games was there selling their warez.  The CEO of LRG and Mighty Rabbit was there to give a session on how to keep your game company afloat.  Also, they were selling games that were "sold out" on their site at the conference.

Just pre-order it from play-asia and save yourself the stress

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Medic_wheat

« Reply #403 on: May 10, 2017, 07:51:07 AM »

They state that games they have to sale that where previously sold out are a "small selection of held over back catalogue that every game company does". They sighted how Natsume sold some old back stock of SNES games on their eBay store for auction as such an example.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #404 on: May 10, 2017, 10:18:18 AM »
If they are remaking Night Trap, it would be nice if they would offer some type of bonus feature that would allow you to watch all of the scenes without worrying about catching the monsters.

I believe this is planned.