Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25372 times)

nectarsis

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #405 on: May 10, 2017, 11:46:59 AM »
If they are remaking Night Trap, it would be nice if they would offer some type of bonus feature that would allow you to watch all of the scenes without worrying about catching the monsters.

I believe this is planned.

I honestly think it should also have the untouched original
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Gypsy

« Reply #406 on: May 10, 2017, 02:38:23 PM »
So LRG is upset that another company (PQube) is releasing one of their upcoming games in Europe. Crying about how they might not sell out and everything. I'm just sitting on twitter and

sirhcman

« Reply #407 on: May 10, 2017, 03:00:54 PM »
They sighted how Natsume sold some old back stock of SNES games on their eBay store for auction as such an example.

LOL

TR0N

« Reply #408 on: May 10, 2017, 08:33:02 PM »
Damn you LRG !!! They get the physical release for wonderboy the dragons trap.
http://www.limitedrungames.com/blogs/news/wonder-boy-the-dragons-trap

Well there goes any chance of people being able to get it without hitting f5 to pre-order. That's a game that shouldn't be in a limited release.

Oh a few weeks ago I went to the East Coast Gaming conference in Raleigh, NC.  Limited Run games was there selling their warez.  The CEO of LRG and Mighty Rabbit was there to give a session on how to keep your game company afloat.  Also, they were selling games that were "sold out" on their site at the conference.

I don't know if i'll bother with the LRG release.I may just import it instead from play-asia,since it will be multi-language.Though i think it would be better if some one else publish the game for na.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 08:44:30 PM by TR0N »

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Medic_wheat

« Reply #409 on: May 11, 2017, 01:27:33 AM »
So LRG is upset that another company (PQube) is releasing one of their upcoming games in Europe. Crying about how they might not sell out and everything. I'm just sitting on twitter and

Medic_wheat

« Reply #410 on: May 11, 2017, 01:31:00 AM »

Yes I remember their post. I just double checked and I gunk they deleted the more whinny tweets.

I can't quit remember the content of their teeetes but it seemed more to me their issues where

-getting less copies to print because they are not making it for additional territories

-not being told of the other company doing a RU release and that they where first to go in agreement

-compromising that they get to release first so they can sell off their stock so they have an edge over their competitors.

sirhcman

« Reply #411 on: May 11, 2017, 01:57:38 AM »

Yes I remember their post. I just double checked and I gunk they deleted the more whinny tweets.

I can't quit remember the content of their teeetes but it seemed more to me their issues where

-getting less copies to print because they are not making it for additional territories

-not being told of the other company doing a RU release and that they where first to go in agreement

-compromising that they get to release first so they can sell off their stock so they have an edge over their competitors.

When customers have complained to LRG for not making enough copies of specific titles they like to put the blame back on the developer by stating that the company holding the game rights can contract with other companies to get additional copies of the game made. I guess when that does happen (albeit rarely) they like to throw a hissy fit

crazydean

« Reply #412 on: May 11, 2017, 03:19:16 AM »
f*ck LRG. If someone beats them at their own game then good. Bunch of damn babies.
Arkhan: Im not butthurt by your enjoyment.  Im buttglad.

Gentlegamer

« Reply #413 on: May 11, 2017, 03:25:40 AM »
I'm keeping my play-asia pre-order for Wonder Boy.

Gypsy

« Reply #414 on: May 11, 2017, 03:56:14 AM »
I love that this forum isn't a damn LRG safe space like a few others are, as well as twitter typically is too with a bunch of random defendos that would rush to LRG's aid if they ate a human baby live on stream.

TDIRunner

« Reply #415 on: May 11, 2017, 04:37:41 AM »
If they are remaking Night Trap, it would be nice if they would offer some type of bonus feature that would allow you to watch all of the scenes without worrying about catching the monsters.

I believe this is planned.

That is good to know. 

I've skipped several of the more recent LRG releases because I wasn't interested in playing them, but I will probably jump on the Night Trap release. 
Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Mathius

« Reply #416 on: May 11, 2017, 12:09:40 PM »
I'm keeping my play-asia pre-order for Wonder Boy.
Same
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #417 on: May 11, 2017, 06:27:31 PM »
Thinking about getting Mutant Mudds.  I already have the digital releases & beat them a couple months ago, so I'm a little on the fence.  I had someone recomend Risk of Rain to me, but, aside from the grafx, it doesn't sound super interesting....so I'm not sure.

Gypsy

« Reply #418 on: May 12, 2017, 01:09:18 AM »
They are asking $50 for a game that's on sale right now for $1. DON'T GIVE IN.

Gentlegamer

« Reply #419 on: May 12, 2017, 04:52:43 AM »
I love that this forum isn't a damn LRG safe space like a few others are, as well as twitter typically is too with a bunch of random defendos that would rush to LRG's aid if they ate a human baby live on stream.

LRG has been completely off my radar. When I first heard of it, I though it was great that download games are getting physical releases... then I saw that it's just another element that caters to collectards.