Author Topic: Limited Run Games  (Read 25418 times)

xelement5x

Re: Limited Run Games
« Reply #420 on: May 12, 2017, 10:50:57 AM »
I love that this forum isn't a damn LRG safe space like a few others are, as well as twitter typically is too with a bunch of random defendos that would rush to LRG's aid if they ate a human baby live on stream.

LRG has been completely off my radar. When I first heard of it, I though it was great that download games are getting physical releases... then I saw that it's just another element that caters to collectards.

I think they started out with good intentions, and they've published some really good titles like Shantae and the Oddworlds, I just think they are pushing it now.
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

Gypsy

« Reply #421 on: May 12, 2017, 11:11:34 AM »
I love that this forum isn't a damn LRG safe space like a few others are, as well as twitter typically is too with a bunch of random defendos that would rush to LRG's aid if they ate a human baby live on stream.

LRG has been completely off my radar. When I first heard of it, I though it was great that download games are getting physical releases... then I saw that it's just another element that caters to collectards.

I think they started out with good intentions, and they've published some really good titles like Shantae and the Oddworlds, I just think they are pushing it now.

Not sure about their intentions, but I know their attitude on twitter is just poor. I don't engage them there but I've seen a lot and it's not good. They all but tell people to eat shit because they will continue to sell things out. The worst part is so far, they are right.

Anyway yeah, they sometimes put out a game worth grabbing. The majority are below average games that are regularly $5 or less. I found it very fitting that Mutant Mudds was $1 on steam this week when LRG split the game in two and charged $50 for it. Of course Ys Origins goes on sale digitally and I'm tard enough to want it in physical form.......

Mathius

« Reply #422 on: May 12, 2017, 02:13:52 PM »
This is taken from their website. Sounds kinda collectardy to me in a few ways.

We are Limited Run Games a publisher of limited run physical games for PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 4. We focus on bringing games that were previously only available in a digital format to a physical medium. We're game collectors and players who fear the prophesied all-digital future. We hope that we're not crazy to think that there are other people like us that still want physical games.

At Limited Run Games our releases truly are limited. Once a game sells out, it will never be available from us again! We believe that as collectors and consumers you should be able to trust when we say our games are limited. They are!

All Limited Run Games are part of the Limited Run Collection with each release being numbered. All releases and their numbering can be easily identified by the Limited Run stamp on the back of the game's cover.

Our goal is to serve gamers and collectors by bringing physicality back to games. Please support us in this goal and try to collect the entire Limited Run Collection! Sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter for the latest information on our releases.
F@ck Ebay Club member since 2010
Switch Friend Code: SW-2346-3388-5406

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #423 on: May 13, 2017, 11:21:08 AM »

Not sure about their intentions, but I know their attitude on twitter is just poor. I don't engage them there but I've seen a lot and it's not good. They all but tell people to eat shit because they will continue to sell things out. The worst part is so far, they are right.

Anyway yeah, they sometimes put out a game worth grabbing. The majority are below average games that are regularly $5 or less. I found it very fitting that Mutant Mudds was $1 on steam this week when LRG split the game in two and charged $50 for it. Of course Ys Origins goes on sale digitally and I'm tard enough to want it in physical form.......

The 2 Mutant Mudds games on PSN are indeed, 2 games.  There was a special deal where you could get both at the same time for cheaper, & that's what I did.  But generally speaking, at least on PSN(not sure about Steam), they're considered 2 seperate games.  I would've loved to bought both on 1 cart.  I ended up buying them both.  I really enjoyed the games, plus, I can always resell them down the road.

Gypsy

« Reply #424 on: May 13, 2017, 11:48:22 AM »
Looks like Super Challenge is normally separate on Steam as well, so my bad on that. And yeah if you wanted them that's cool. I've found that I often end up just buying the digital release in a lot of cases. Like Xeodrifter is $1 right now on Steam as well.

Flare65

« Reply #425 on: May 14, 2017, 03:51:49 PM »
I think they need to up the quality of some of the games they put out.  About half of them are shit-tier shovel ware games that are no better than whats on the iOS store for $1.99  **cough cough  Nova-111, cough cough** 

Also, where is my f*cking Skull Girls pre order that was supposed to be released months ago????
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 03:55:40 PM by Flare65 »

Medic_wheat

« Reply #426 on: May 14, 2017, 06:10:33 PM »
I think they need to up the quality of some of the games they put out.  About half of them are shit-tier shovel ware games that are no better than whats on the iOS store for $1.99  **cough cough  Nova-111, cough cough** 

Also, where is my f*cking Skull Girls pre order that was supposed to be released months ago????

I too am waiting for that pre order.

Personally they can have as MUCH shovel ware BS they want. It drains the wallets of the colletards who need to own every game and variant cover.

That way I can pick and chose the titles I want. With the hope that others drain their wallets on all the crap.

The one thing I do like is if I get a game. And I should dislike it I can re-sell it for the initial price I paid at the lest.

Although every time I have ever seen a LR game for sale or trade they have always been sealed with the seller stating "I owned it digitally/double copy so I didn't need to open it" as a lame justification for why they never opened the game.

Some will even admit that they bought the game just to have a physical copy with no intent to open it because hey already had it digitally or can get it digitally later. People if you buy a game just to put it on your shelf with no intention of oepimg it up and playing it as a physical medium then why get the freaking game?  Yeah this last part is at Johny Millinium or Happy Gamer you've Chanel. I saw your recent picket video and how you bought a game just to put it in your shelf. I make this statement here as you clearly come to this forum often and follow everything I have ever posted. Lol.

nectarsis

« Reply #427 on: May 15, 2017, 10:50:43 AM »
Annnnd now they announce Darius for the Vita, US this summer June 23rd I believe..... how much you want to bet limited edition announcement next week.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Gypsy

« Reply #428 on: May 15, 2017, 11:16:12 AM »
Annnnd now they announce Darius for the Vita, US this summer June 23rd I believe..... how much you want to bet limited edition announcement next week.

Kind of silly that they didn't just do Vita and PS4 at the same time.

Medic_wheat

« Reply #429 on: May 15, 2017, 01:55:14 PM »

Kind of silly that they didn't just do Vita and PS4 at the same time.

Same. Or at lest announce then both so I could have opted for the Vita port.

nectarsis

« Reply #430 on: May 15, 2017, 02:54:13 PM »
 the way they did this is just leading to more collectard money I'm not quadruple dipping
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:<br><a href="http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">http://www.blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436</a>

Gypsy

« Reply #431 on: May 15, 2017, 03:04:08 PM »
the way they did this is just leading to more collectard money I'm not quadruple dipping

Exactly lol.

They haven't gotten a dime from me on this. Not that they need my dimes but I'm fine with my Japanese copy.

jtucci31

« Reply #432 on: May 15, 2017, 03:04:40 PM »
Motherf*cker now they're doing the Darius Vita release?! Goddamn I would have bought that first honestly. Looks like I'll have both. I'm such a damn sheep, never thought I'd get swept up in the LRG craze,

nectarsis

« Reply #433 on: May 15, 2017, 03:55:56 PM »
 they updated price $49.99 not really beating the import price they claim they would by much if at all

Gypsy

« Reply #434 on: May 16, 2017, 01:20:37 AM »
they updated price $49.99 not really beating the import price they claim they would by much if at all

Yeah not at all if you go by the original price.

Qty    Item    Price
1    Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours *PAX0007367358*
1    Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (English) *PAX0007644186*

Sub-Total    99.98
   Shipping ( Title eco box reg )    5.90